Skip to main content

Party Look - Shimmery Brown-Red Smokey Eyes - FOTD, Tutorial

I dared to try this look, after getting all positive comments from all of you on my easy smokey eye look. This is my first attempt to an almost full version of a smokey eye look.


If you like it, you can read the tutorial below:

For eyes:
1) Prep and prime your eyelids to make them the perfect canvas for colors.
2) Apply skin colored blush all over your lid till the browbone.
3) Smokey eyes usually require highlighting your browbone. For most of the Indian skin tones, using white can look too stark and OTT, so I am using a slightly neutral skin color for highlighting. The highlighter from Maybelline's Chai Latte Quad can work excellently here.



4) Apply a shimmery brown eyeshadow all over the lid, till the crease and feather it out. I have applied Inglot shade - #422



5) Take a matte/shimmer bright color of your choice. I am taking Inglot's red color, i.e. shade 382 from my inglot palette using a flat brush and tapping it at the center of the lids.It is a matte red color.


5) Now take a black pencil liner and apply it all over your upper lashline. You need not be too precise in this, as we anyway are gonna smudge that.


6) Take a flat brush or pencil brush and smudge the line all over your upper lashline, and the moment you reach the outer end of your eye, bring the liner down the lower lashline as well.
7) Apply a matte/shimmery black eyeshadow over the smudged liner to seal the effect and make it look more effective. I've used Inglot eyeshadow Shade - AMC #64 for this.


Inglot AMC #64


8) Smudge the black eyeshadow above the upper lashline well to blend properly. Line your waterline with black kohl pencil. I am using Black kohl pencil from my Glamour Goddess Palette for this. Pat some more of the bright color after this, if you feel that the color is lost in all the blacks and browns.


9) Apply black eyeliner close to your waterline. I've used Catrice eye liner. Curl your lashes and apply generous amount of very black Mascara. I am using Estee Lauder Magnascopic mascara here.

10) Here is the completed eye look:

For Face:

1) For night party look, it is necessary that your foundation has low SPF, as this will prevent you from getting ghostly white look in photos. I've applied Oriflame Vision's peach me perfect here.

2) Apply concealer under your eyes, around your nose and lips to hide any of the blemishes and pigmentation, which might be visible through the foundation.

3) I've set my makeup using Catrice Mineral compact powder.

4) For shimmer I've first applied Oriflame's cream blush stick, and then topped it up with a forsty pink blush from my Glamour Goddess makeup palette.

For Lips:

I applied Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick in shade Rubellite and topped it up with Estee Lauder gloss in icy pink - shade #10.

And here is the overall look:

Products Used:


For Eyes:

Inglot eyeshadow freedom system palette - Shades #422, 382 and AMC #64
Maybelline Chai Latte Quad - Highlighter
Catrice Eye liner pen
Oriflame Lash curler
Oriflame eyeshadow brush
Estee Lauder Magnascopic mascara
Black Kohl pencil from Glamour Goddess Palette

For face: 
Oriflame Visions Peach me perfect
Catrice Mineral powder
Catrice concealer stick
Frosty pink blush from glamour goddess palette

For Lips: 
Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick - Rubellite
Estee Lauder Lip Gloss - Icy Pink - #10


Did you like this look? Please share your honest opinion and suggestions with me in your comments. 

Comments

  1. wah wah wah I likesssss.... :) am gonna try out a similar look now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Samyukta

    yeayeeeeeeeee!!! :D :D :D he he he...It isn't very perfect..but I think its ok for the first try!!! :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!!!:D Your eyes look really beautiful!! Thanks for the tute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the look :)
    so pretty... :D

    -Bee
    http://beautyandeverythingelse.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job. Nw, i too wanna try blushes. I seriously hav 2 get some inspiration by seeing u frm new-to-makeup to turning in to a Pro(in my terms :D).

    ReplyDelete
  6. u look awesum cali..so pretty !!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Cali! Its such a unique combination you've used for the eyes and its looking beautiful!! I'm loving your looks these days..keep them coming :)
    I love the eye liner you've used..it looks super black and kinda glossy..any idea which Indian brand cud give me that kind of finish in liners?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @DB

    Thanks DB!! :D :D Yeah..I think I have learnt something atleast now!! :P Still lots to learn...Thank you soo much!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @corallista

    Hi Corallista! Thanks!! :X .. I don't know much about Indian brands in eyeliners..but I think you can try Maybelline gel liner. I've heard a lot of great reviews from it!! :D Also Mac Fluidline can be a great buy!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Cali....i dnt believe u r a newbie to makeup...gawjuuuus u lukk dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Farha

    haw...I am actually blushing now :P :P ..It took me 2 attempts to get this Farha...Still I feel there is a lot more room to improvement!! :D :D Thankooooooooooo soo much!! :-* :-*

    ReplyDelete
  12. hawwwwttt....u r looking all shy and demour.....:X

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Priya
    he he he... :D :D Thanks Priyaaa!!! :X :X :X

    ReplyDelete
  14. now this is what I like.....typical smokey eyes.....a job well done :applause: :X
    i loved the idea of using red....really brightens up your eyes :)
    in all beautiful! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Jinal

    Awwwww..thank you so much Jinal!! :-* This was my first attempt!! :D :D And I am really happy now!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

    ReplyDelete
  16. CALI THE EYES LOOK WONDERFUL :X :X :X :X :X
    the first pic is a testament of 'looks can kill'

    ReplyDelete
  17. @SCARLETT

    Thanks Scarlett!! :D :D I hope it didn't look scary!! :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have maybelline gel liner Cali but it doesn't give this glossy finish :(@calicoaster

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't tried that yet but I'll wait for the Maybelline one to get over..if I get MAC then I won't use the Maybelline one anymore !@calicoaster

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave you feedback in comments below.

Popular posts from this blog

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts - Review

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts  The best way to spend four hours of waiting period in Dubai transit is to do shopping. In all the shopping I did there, I bought this particular lotion as well. The main reasons behind buying this lotion were: 1) I wanted to try Olay as a brand as I’d heard a lot of good stories about it. 2) I wanted a light moisturizing face lotion that has SPF, UVA/UVB protection and could be worn easily below my foundation for day wear. Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts Price: $10 Quantity: 30 ml What does Olay say about its Natural White lotion ?

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes