Skip to main content

Review: Lakme Fantasy Collection Shadow artist Shimmer Stick- Starry Night

With so many raves and rants going on all around on the Lakme Fantasy collection, I also couldn't keep myself aloof from splurging a bit on the beauties offered by this collection. In my last haul, I got myself Lakme Enrich Stain lipstick #131 and Shadow Artist Shimmer Stick - Starry night. I am reviewing Starry night today:

About Lakme Fantasy Eye pencils

Let your eyes share magical moments with light beams. Creamy color pencils laced with super fine glitter, reflect light and bring a mesmerizing sparkle to your eyes. Edge, smudge, line, shadow, color or blend. Keep the mystery alive.

Available Shades
-         Astral Blue
-         Starry Night
-         Glimmer Green
-         Moon Beam

Price: INR 350/-

My experience with the Starry Night shade:

When the SA watched both Starry night and Astral blue on me, I was more tempted to buy Astral Blue, because of its resemblance to MAC's Siahi gel liner. However, my chocolate brown eyes complimented more with Starry night, and hence I bought it. Starry night shadow shimmer stick is a chubby pencil, with creamy tip and gorgeous deep blue shade, which has subtle shimmer in it. Earlier I thought that I could use as a normal pencil liner over my eye lids, but then I found out that it smudges like mad, and hence I had to device new ways of wearing it.

I have a lot of dresses in various shades of blue and Starry Night has so far fared beautifully in working out with all of them. I've used the following ways to wear this pretty deep blue shade:

1) Apply it on the lid as a liner and smudge it a bit to get an instant soft smoky blue look to your eyes.

2) Apply it on the outer third of the waterline and smudge it a bit to define your eyes better.

3) Apply it all over the lid and smudge using a sponge applicator to give a nice base to any other blue color you want to show up. The pencil is quite creamy and glides well on the skin without getting streaky at all. This will brighten your eyeshadow and also add a bit of glamour to it with its subtle sparkles, which are not OTT at all.



What I didn't like about the Starry night shadow shimmer stick?

1) I haven't experienced great staying power from this shimmer stick. It smudges a lot and then vanishes into thin blue tint after few hours, giving me an appearance of a blue beaten eyed person. So, if you are wearing this on any occasion, touch up is must. Also, I'd advice to set it lightly with a loose powder every time you apply it.

2) It is not water proof, smudges even more when in contact with water or any similar liquid (sweat!)

3) The pencil is too thick for the thickest sharpener I have. I don't know where I can find the sharpener for this thick fat pencil; I hope Lakme launches the sharpener soon, specially for this.

Overall verdict: I really like the versatility of this shimmer stick and the number of ways in which you can make it work for you. I love the beautiful deep blue shade it gives with little glitters. Overall, it is nice piece to have that I can use for various occasions in different ways. Not an absolute must, but truly great for the people who love to play around with colors.

Below is the swatch :



And Below are some looks I did with this shimmer stick
Starry night shadow shimmer stick applied on the lid as eye liner

Starry night shimmer stick applied all over the lid as eyeshadow, followed by lining the upper lid with Maybelline Eye stdio pencil in white

Blend the Maybelline Eye studio pencil in white with the Starry night shimmer stick as eyeshadow base

Blend the Maybelline Eye studio pencil in white with the Starry night shimmer stick as eyeshadow base

Rating: 3.5/5

Have you used Lakme Fantasy collection shadow shimmer sticks? Share your opinion and experience with me in your comments. Which shade out of these, do you like the most?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts - Review

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts  The best way to spend four hours of waiting period in Dubai transit is to do shopping. In all the shopping I did there, I bought this particular lotion as well. The main reasons behind buying this lotion were: 1) I wanted to try Olay as a brand as I’d heard a lot of good stories about it. 2) I wanted a light moisturizing face lotion that has SPF, UVA/UVB protection and could be worn easily below my foundation for day wear. Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts Price: $10 Quantity: 30 ml What does Olay say about its Natural White lotion ?

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes