Skip to main content

Hair & Care Silk-n-shine Hair potion with Fruit Vitamins - Review

Hair & Care Silk-n-shine Hair potion with Fruit Vitamins


I usually have very dry hair that tend to become even more unmanageable every time I wash them with shampoo and conditioner. No matter what shampoo or conditioner I use, my hair tend to look fluffy and super dry the same day after the wash. However, strangely my hair take full one day to react properly to the conditioning part and become super silky and soft the next day of the wash!
But they always give me nightmares on the day of the wash with their unmanageable texture, fluffiness, dryness,frizzyness and what not! Sometimes, I even feel that my hair somehow get charged up with ions that tend them to go up instead of going down after every wash.

Anyways, I couldn't obviously roam around in office looking like a porcupine and so in order to cure this "hair going up, instead of going down" syndrome, I thought of getting some nice hair serum that can make my hair look human after every wash without weighing them down, and I bought Hair & Care Silk-n-shine hair serum.

About Hair & Care Silk-n-shine serum

Hair & Care Silk-n-shine Hair potion with Fruit Vitamins

Gives you parlor like silky hair. Use after every wash.

Ingredients:
Fruit Extracts, Vitamin E, Silicone Conditioners and Fragrance

Price: INR 75/-
Quantity: 50ml

My experience with this serum:

When I first took out the serum on my palm,
I felt the consistency to be quite light. I was a bit scared that it might make my hair look oily and sticky, because I could feel that greasiness on my palm when I rubbed the lotion. However, I went ahead and applied to one section of my wet hair (avoiding the roots), and I was quite surprised to see that the lotion just disappeared in my hair leaving a nice smooth and silky texture behind. I could easily glide my hand on my hair and could comb them well. The lotion didn't cause any oiliness or greasiness for my hair, and gave them nice smooth finish.

How I use it?

I have long hair and usually divide my hair in two halves. I take small amount of this serum in my palm, spread it properly on my palms and then just rub it gently on one half of my hair. Similarly I cover the second half too. I never apply this lotion on my roots.

Hair & Care Silk-n-shine Hair potion with Fruit Vitamins

Hair & Care Silk-n-shine Hair potion with Fruit Vitamins

Below are some pros and cons of this lotion:

Pros:

1) I like the packaging of this serum. Nice handy bottle with a flip open cap to take the product out.

2) The serum is transparent in color and has a nice consistency to spread well and cover my hair evenly.

3) Though it feels greasy on palms, it works well in helping me to tame my hair well. It gives a smooth touch to my hair and helps me remove tangles easily without causing much of breakage.

4) It never caused any kind of hairfall or allergic reaction to me. Also, it never made my hair greasy or oily.

5) It is quite affordable for the price you pay.

6) You need very small amount to cover your hair, so it'd definitely run a long way for people with average length hair.

7) It has a nice and soft fruity fragrance which lingers on hair for long.

Cons:
1) I feel I use the right amount all the time, but if I use more than what I currently take out, then my hair might become oily. So, you need to be careful about the amount you use.

2) Silicone has its own drawbacks and one should avoid over-using any of the products that have silicones in it, particularly for hair.

Silicone coats the hair, which means none of the products you use will actually penetrate the hair. Hot oil treatments and deep conditioners won't work well with silicone in your hair. You can not wash out silicone. It is not water soluble. So every time you wash your hair, more and more just builds up. Eventually your hair just gets flat, and dull, and gross. This is probably what happens when your hair gets "immune." Higher quality (but expensive shampoos and conditioners) usually use little (like only one ingredient) or no silicone. Instead, they opt for ingredients that penetrate the hair and actually help patch it up and strengthen it. Silicone just coats it. (Source)

Overall verdict: I like this serum for its effectiveness, but I definitely don't tend to use it very regularly. I usually wash my hair thrice every week and apply this on my hair in very small amount only twice. If you are amongst those who wash hair daily, then I won't recommend you to apply it on your hair after every wash. But for occasional shine and smoothness, I definitely recommend this.

Rating: 4/5
Will I purchase this again? Yes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts - Review

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts  The best way to spend four hours of waiting period in Dubai transit is to do shopping. In all the shopping I did there, I bought this particular lotion as well. The main reasons behind buying this lotion were: 1) I wanted to try Olay as a brand as I’d heard a lot of good stories about it. 2) I wanted a light moisturizing face lotion that has SPF, UVA/UVB protection and could be worn easily below my foundation for day wear. Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts Price: $10 Quantity: 30 ml What does Olay say about its Natural White lotion ?

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes