Skip to main content

Review: Himalaya Herbals Deep Cleansing Milk

After getting loads of water proof cosmetics from Germany, I was on a hunt to get a decent makeup remover, which could make my life easy in cleaning the makeup properly. I got Biotique cleansing oil to do the job, but sadly it gave me break outs after just 4-5 days of usage. I already had Neutrogena cleansing water that time, but it was alcohol based and I was quite scared to use it. I wanted a strong cleansing milk that could be gentle on my skin, yet could remove my makeup effectively. After contemplating much on all the choices I had, I chose to get Himalaya cleansing milk. Below are the details:


About Himalaya Deep Cleansing Milk

A unique formulation of natural ingredients that cleanses and refreshes your skin. It penetrates deep to gently remove dirt, grime and make-up. Enriched with Cucumber to cool and soothe your skin, and soapnut to remove excess oil, it leaves your skin, clean, healthy and glowing.

Directions of use: Apply in a circular motion on the face and neck. Wipe off with a moist cotton pad. Rince with water and pat dry.

Quantity: 200ml

Price: INR 105/-

My experience with the product:

I have been using this cleansing milk since a couple of months now, and I am pretty satisfied with it. It works quite well in cleaning most of my makeup. However, I couldn't use it much to clean my waterproof eyeliners, kajals and mascara, because it stung my eyes and also the removal was not 100%. For rest of my face, it worked pretty well in cleansing it well and hence now I am using this cleansing milk for my face only, whereas for eyes I use cleansing almond oil.

How I use this cleansing milk?

I usually take some amount of this cleansing milk on my palm and gently rub it all over my face. I wipe the lotion off my face with a wet cotton or tissue. After this I wash my face with a mild face wash.


Below are some pros and cons of this cleansing milk:

Pros:

1) Effectively cleanses my face of all the makeup, dirt and oil.
2) It has never broken me out, nor did it cause any allergic reactions to my skin.
3) It never dried out my skin, it just keeps it normal looking. No side effects.
4) It comes with a flip open cap, making it easy and handy to take the cleansing milk out.
5) It is suitable for all skin types as what it says. It suited my oily-combination skin well.
6) Price for the quantity you get makes it quite affordable.
7) Not tested on animals.


Cons:
1) Though it works well in cleansing my face of regular makeup, it isn't that effective in 100% removal of any waterproof makeup.
2) I found the consistency of this cleansing milk quite thick, and it take ages to get the lotion out of the bottle. I usually keep the bottle upside down while supporting it on wall or some solid vertical source and then take the cleansing milk out.
3) Sadly it stung my eyes badly, so I can't use it to remove my eye makeup.
4) No ingredient list mentioned on the bottle.

Below are some pics of the test:


From Left to Right: Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Peach, Revlon Liquid Lipcolor in Nude, Loreal Paris Color Juice stick sheer juicy lipgloss in water melon, Faces eye pencil in brown, Catrice Kajal designer pencil in Diamond Black, Catrice waterproof black eye liner

After two swipes
After ten swipes: See the liner and liquid lip color still not wiped off completely. It stayed that way even after 20 swipes

Overall verdict: I like the fact that this cleansing milk is pretty effective and doesn't cause any harsh reaction on my skin. Even though the ingredients are not listed, I found it quite soothing to my skin and as per the claims most of the ingredients of this cleansing milk are natural and herbal which really gives us a much deserved break from all the chemicals we keep on using daily.

Rating: 3.5/5
Will I purchase it again? Yes

Have you used Himalaya Herbals deep cleansing milk? Share your experience with me in your comments below.

Popular posts from this blog

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts - Review

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts  The best way to spend four hours of waiting period in Dubai transit is to do shopping. In all the shopping I did there, I bought this particular lotion as well. The main reasons behind buying this lotion were: 1) I wanted to try Olay as a brand as I’d heard a lot of good stories about it. 2) I wanted a light moisturizing face lotion that has SPF, UVA/UVB protection and could be worn easily below my foundation for day wear. Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts Price: $10 Quantity: 30 ml What does Olay say about its Natural White lotion ?

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes