Skip to main content

Review: Neutrogena 2-in-1 Visibly Clear Wash Mask

I bought this particular face pack in a combo pack that had this face pack and a cleansing water too, from Germany. There was no particular reason behind buying this pack, except for the fact that I was hunting for a decent face wash as I'd missed packing it in my bag. And I got this pack thinking that either of the both was a face wash! However this particular product can be used as facewash too, but I couldn't use it that way. I've been using it as face pack only.
Today I'd be reviewing the face pack as I've used it many times in past couple of months and I somehow have liked the effects that it gave to my skin.

About Neutrogena 2-in-1 Visibly Clear Wash Mask



Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2-in-1 Wash & Mask is a unique cleanser that can be used in two different ways to help keep skin looking clear and healthy-every day.-Use as a daily wash to cleanse away make-up, dirt and excess oil and help prevent blemishes.-Use as a weekly mask to cleanse deep down into pores and condition skin, leaving it soft, smooth and healthy looking.


Directions:

  • As a daily wash: Squeeze a small amount into your palm and add water to work into a foamy lather. Massage onto wet face, avoiding delicate eye area, then rinse with water. Suitable for everyday use. 
  • As a weekly mask: Smooth a thin layer over face, avoiding delicate eye area. Leave for 5 minutes. Rinse well, removing any remaining traces with cotton wool.


Price: I bought it along with the cleansing water for some 4-5 Euros
Quantity: 150ml
Ingredients:




My experience with this face pack

As I mentioned above, I expected it to be facewash, but since it turned out to be more like a facepack, I anyway thought of giving it a try. The facepack has a thick consistency and slightly cooling feel to it. The moment I apply it all over my face, it gives strong cooling effects to my skin as if I've smeared a mint flavored toothpaste all over my face. Since it is quite thick, it gets dried up within 15-20 minutes of application by which time the cooling sensation also goes down, after which I  wash it off. I've felt nice brightening in my skin every time I use it. 
Below are some pics:


And below are the pros and cons of this face pack:

Pros:

1)      The face pack comes in a thick fat tube with a flip open cap through which you can take the product out easily. A simple, effective and non-messy packing which I like.
2)      The face pack is a thick white pack that feels quite cool on my skin. I usually apply it evenly all over my face with my face pack brush. It instantly gives quite cooling and soothing effect to the skin, similar to what you can get from mint.
3)      It usually gets dried up within 15-20 minutes, after which I take a sponge cloth, wash it and wipe off the mask. After that I rinse my face thoroughly with water. The cooling effect definitely relaxes my face muscles and gives my skin a subtle glow.
4)      Price for the quantity you get is quite apt.

Cons:

1)     I’ve found this face pack a bit drying on my oily-combination skin. I’ve to apply a light moisturizer after every use.
2)    Though I like the cooling effect and subtle glow it gives to my skin, I haven’t experienced any dramatic results on the pimples or acne that I tried to heal using this. It’d just relax and cool my skin along with imparting a nice refreshing glow to make me feel better, nothing apart from that.
3)     Availability: I’ve not yet seen this product from Neutrogena in India.
4)   It contains parabens.
  
Overall verdict: Even as an accidental buy, I don’t have any regrets of getting this. I like the cooling effects it gives on my skin and probably some other benefits too which I might have not noticed. At least it never caused me any break outs or allergic reactions. I like to apply it more during summers to give some cooling effects to my skin. Oily beauties can give it a try. However, I don’t recommend this to dry skin beauties because of its tendency to make my oily-combination skin dry.

Overall rating: 3/5

Have you tried Neutrogena face pack? Share your experience with me in your comments.

Popular posts from this blog

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts - Review

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts  The best way to spend four hours of waiting period in Dubai transit is to do shopping. In all the shopping I did there, I bought this particular lotion as well. The main reasons behind buying this lotion were: 1) I wanted to try Olay as a brand as I’d heard a lot of good stories about it. 2) I wanted a light moisturizing face lotion that has SPF, UVA/UVB protection and could be worn easily below my foundation for day wear. Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts Price: $10 Quantity: 30 ml What does Olay say about its Natural White lotion ?

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes