Skip to main content

Review: NYC Mod Quad, Swatches, EOTD

This was the first eye shadow quad I ever bought for myself. Honestly, I wasn't planning to buy this one when I entered Duanne Reade store in New York near the metro station I got down at. But, the intense chill and snow fall outside forced me to enter the store and somehow impulsively I bought this in a hope to start with eye shadows.

I was pretty dumb at the time I bought it and couldn't make much use of it because of my own lack of skills. Now, after getting much proficiency on eye makeup, I'd still say that I can not use it much for various reasons which are given below.

Let us check out the quad, swatches and then my take on the product:



About NYC Mod Quad

Mix and match color for eyes! N.Y.C. Mod Quad creme liner + eyeshadow collection gives you three coordinated shadows plus one liner for dozens of eye looks. Highlight color and contour-smooth shadows blend easily for custome eye effects


Price: $6

Below are the swatches:
Left to right: Cream liner, white eyeshadow, pink eyeshadow and grayish black eyeshadow
Below is how it looks on my eyes: 




I've applied pink all over the lid and satiny grayish black eyeshadow on outer V. Please tell me if you can see any traces of both the colors, because I can't see anything except a subtle shimmer and satin touch to mix of everything.

My experience with this quad:

When I bought this quad, I thought I could try a nice soft smokey look with a pink in it. But I was quite disappointed to see the pink to be quite chalky and powdery. Also, it never showed pink color after application. The white and pink shades turned out to be almost similar looking - chalky and powdery on my eyes, which was pretty disappointing.

The cream black shadow was something I didn't know what to do with. Either I bought an old piece or a defective one, but the cream eyeshadow didn't come out at all. I had to literally scratch the top layer to get some eyeshadow out of it. The layers beneath it had some black creamy stuff which wasn't actually black but sort of grey. It had hard texture, and didn't glide well at all.

The only eyeshadow I could use from this quad was the satiny greyish black eyeshadow. It had nice smooth texture that glided well, and decent greysing black pigmentation to show up on my eyes. However, it creased badly within seconds of application so I have to always apply it on a decent base.

Below are some pros and cons:

Pros:

1) Can't find of any, except that black powder eyeshadow is something that worked somehow from this quad.
None apart from it.

Cons:

I've listed them all above. Out of 4 eyeshadows, two turned out to be chalky and powdery.
The cream eyeshadow was all dried up at the time of purchase. Complete waste of money

Overall verdict: Stay away from this at all possible costs!

Rating: 1/5 (1 for the satiny greyish black eyeshadow that somehow worked with some looks)

Have you tried NYC eyeshadows? Share your experience with me in your comments.

Popular posts from this blog

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts - Review

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts  The best way to spend four hours of waiting period in Dubai transit is to do shopping. In all the shopping I did there, I bought this particular lotion as well. The main reasons behind buying this lotion were: 1) I wanted to try Olay as a brand as I’d heard a lot of good stories about it. 2) I wanted a light moisturizing face lotion that has SPF, UVA/UVB protection and could be worn easily below my foundation for day wear. Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts Price: $10 Quantity: 30 ml What does Olay say about its Natural White lotion ?

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes