Skip to main content

Review: Forest Essentials Hydrating Body Mist – Sandalwood and Vetiver


I've only used Face mists so far which all together solved a very different purpose as compared to the body mists. This is the first body mist I've used till date. I've been using it since quite sometime now and hence below goes the review:

About Forest Essentials Hydrating Body Mist – Sandalwood and Vetiver:


Fresh aromatic wood infused Body Mist to soften and scent your skin.
Use as often as required.

Ingredients:

I know a lot about sandalwood but vetiver was something I had to google to know more about. Below is what I found on Wikipedia:
Vetiver is a perennial grass of the Poaceae family, native to India. In western and northern India, it is popularly known as khus. Vetiver is mainly cultivated for the fragrant essential oil distilled from its roots. Worldwide production is estimated at about 250 tons per annum (Lavania).


Price: INR 975/-

Quantity: 100 grams

My experience with this Body mist:

The first time I sprayed the Body mist on my skin, I felt a watery substance that had milky white color to it. However, within few seconds of spray the whiteness vanished, leaving behind clear transparent liquid on my skin. I rubbed the liquid and it got absorbed well into the skin without leaving any residue on the surface. I have dry skin all over my body and I tested it on my elbows first, which unusually remain super dry all the time. Surprisingly I liked the way it hydrated that particular area. When I tested at the back of my hand, I could smell lots of herbs and spices from this mist.

The first hit that comes from the mist is predominantly of sandalwood. The fragrance then slowly lingers to a mix of herbal essences and then ends up in soft smell of certain spices.  The residual smell is something that would remind you of Aromatherapy centers and spa treatments and is extremely relaxing to the senses. The hydrating effect and the fragrance, stay on me for almost 4-5 hours which is pretty good.

Below are some more pics of this Body mist:





First spray - Notice the milky white liquid

Within few seconds it becomes transparent

And below are some of the likes and dislikes that I've experienced from this Body mist:

Likes:

1) The body mist comes in a handy transparent bottle with a spray attached to its opening. The packaging is quite travel friendly and makes the product usage quite easy.

2) The spray is well built to ooze just right amount of product on the skin. You can spray and blend it into the skin easily, without bothering about any spillage.

3) The body mist is a semi-white liquid that becomes transparent within a few seconds of application. It doesn't leave any residue behind except for soft lingering smell of herbs and spices dominated with sandalwood fragrance, which is very relaxing and soothing to the senses.

4) The mist works decently in hydrating my skin. I have super dry skin on my body and it worked well in taking care of them to certain extent. I didn't expect heavy coverage from it nor did I expect it to soften my skin or moisturize it with the runny consistency, but as far as the claims are concerned of "hydration", it fits good in that.

5) It is free of artificial fragrances and is made up of 100% organic constituents hence definitely more skin friendly.

6) I've not experienced any allergic reactions from this mist so far. 

Dislikes

1) It is not super moisturizing. It is just decent to keep your body skin well behaved to some extent. If you have super dry skin (like me) you might need a body butter or lotion. But, since this isn't either I feel that it works well the way a body mist should.

2) The price is a bit on the higher range.

3) The herbs and spices fragrance might be a bit too strong for sensitive noses.

Overall verdict: This was my first experience with a body mist, and frankly speaking I liked it a lot. I am a sucker for Aromatherapy products and this one works well in giving the same soothing and relaxing fragrance of herbs and spices which I absolutely adore a lot. I love sandalwood fragrance and all the accompanying essences that come in this mist. The mist is easy to use and a very little amount of spray can cover a lot, so it'd definitely last quite long. It as a shelf life of 24 months and I am sure even with regular usage this one is going to last for at least 1 year.

Rating: 4/5

Have you tried Forest Essentials Hydrating Body Mist? Share your experience with me in your comments below

Note: PR Sample; honest review

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...