Skip to main content

Review: Queen Cosmetics Eyeshadow Duos - Swatches





About Queen Cosmetics Eyeshadow Duos
Queen Eyeshadow Duos contain soft, easy to apply and long lasting eye colours for very sensitive eyes. They are suitable for contact lens wearers and can be teamed with our Mascara for very sensitive eyes and our Eye Pencils.

These eyeshadow for very sensitive eyes comes in six duos: Blue, Brown, Green, Grey, Heather or Pink OR you can mix and match.

Individual colours are as follows:

  • Blue Duo: bright blue & dusky blue
  • Brown Duo: chocolate brown & nude
  • Green Duo: olive & sage
  • Grey Duo: dove grey & dark grey
  • Heather Duo: baby pink & lilac
  • Pink Duo: light rose & old rose 
According to a 'How to Look Good Knackered'  feature on Channel 4's 'How to Look Good Naked', lilac eyeshadow is the best way to brighten tired eyes and a tired face and it goes with every eye colour. For sensitive eyes, look no further than our Heather Duo which has a lovely soft lilac shadow. Are you ready to give it a go?!

Ingredients: Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Carbonate, Kaolin, Methylparaben, Orgasol, Paraffinum Liquidum, Pigments.

Price: £10.95

Shades being reviewed:

  • Bright blue,
  • Dark grey and Dove Grey (Grey Duo),
  • Nude and chocolate brown (Brown Duo)
  • Baby Pink and lilac (Heather Duo)

I received these eyeshadows with their Magnetic Makeup compact. These eyeshadows are a part of Queen cosmetics Eyeshadow duo sets. Let us look into each of the shades below:

1) Bright Blue: 

Bright blue is a part of Queen cosmetics "Blue Duo" set where it is paired with their "Dusky Blue" eyeshadow. The shade looks nice vibrant blue in the pan but is a bit chalky on application and didn't impress me much in the pigmentation department as well. The texture was quite hard and difficult to apply. It took me 3-4 attempts to get the swatch right, without an eyeshadow primer. Even with an eyeshadow primer, the color looks very sheer. Check it out the swatch below.


2) Dark Grey and Dove Grey (Grey Duo): 
Dark grey and Dove grey
These both eyeshadows create the "Grey Duo" set together. I liked the texture of both these eyeshadows which was pretty smooth and provides an easy application. Pigmentation wise too these both are ok and give nice smooth and matte finish even without an eyeshadow primer. Check out the swatches below:


3) Nude and Chocolate Brown (Brown Duo): 
Nude and Chocolate brown
Both nude and chocolate brown shades make the "Brown Duo". These are my favorite eyeshadow duo of all. The shades are decently pigmented and glide on well. Nude is a bit powdery on application but gives a great base for the lids. Chocolate brown is a gorgeous brown shade, with a bit stiffer texture but good color payoff. I love to wear both of them for my office wear. A great neutral combination - I must say. Check out the swatches below:


4) Baby Pink and Lilac (Heather Duo): 
Lilac and Baby pink
These eyeshadows create the "Heather Duo". Where Lilac gives a gorgeous light purple shade with smooth texture and nice pigmentation., I found the "Baby pink" to be a bit hard in texture. Also, the color payoff of baby pink wasn't great at all. Despite my 3-4 attempts to get the shade, I was unable to get it anywhere around visible. Check out the swatches below:


5) Sage: 


Sage is a "greyish green" color that has smooth texture and gives a soft green color. The color payoff is again not very great, but I think many of us will like to wear such soft green shades rather than vibrant ones. It is paired with "Olive" shade to create the "Green Duo".Check out the swatch below:

Overall
I find these eyeshadows to be a combination of hits and misses. All of them have matte texture and powdery base. The color payoff of some of the eyeshadow duos like Grey Duo, Brown Duo and the eyeshadows like lilac, is excellent, whereas some of the other eyeshadows like bright blue, sage and baby pink were pretty poor. You definitely need to wear them with an eyeshadow primer to avoid any creasing and to get long lasting colors.

Rating: /5

You can check out more about these eyeshadows at Queen cosmetics website here

Disclaimer: Product provided by brand for consideration; however my honest review as always

Popular posts from this blog

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts - Review

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts  The best way to spend four hours of waiting period in Dubai transit is to do shopping. In all the shopping I did there, I bought this particular lotion as well. The main reasons behind buying this lotion were: 1) I wanted to try Olay as a brand as I’d heard a lot of good stories about it. 2) I wanted a light moisturizing face lotion that has SPF, UVA/UVB protection and could be worn easily below my foundation for day wear. Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts Price: $10 Quantity: 30 ml What does Olay say about its Natural White lotion ?

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes