Skip to main content

Review: Zink Color Red Wood handle Foundation Brush 216 SE size

Ever since I started using foundation, I wanted to get a good foundation brush for myself. If you've been following my blog, you might be aware of my addiction and patronage to Amazon.com. So, while I was browsing Amazon a few days back, I came across this foundation brush there. It was lying there unknown, without any reviews and I don't know why I felt quite appealed to it, as if it was calling my name. Ok! enough fun; bottom line is that I ordered it, got it safe and sound as always from the shipper and have been using it ever since. And I am absolutely in love with this brush! :)

About Zink Color Red Wood handle Foundation Brush

This brush is perfect for any cream base or liquid base foundation application. It can effectively blend and create a smooth and flawless finish. Use it to blend, smooth and disperse foundation into all area of your face.

Product Features
  • High Quality Red Wood Handle
  • 6 inch long
  • Thick & Soft synthetic fiber
  • Made to the Specification of MAC foundation brush
Price: $3.99

My experience with this brush:

I was expecting a small handle brush only at that price and from what description it showcased on its Amazon's page. As expected the brush is around the size of my palm and has strong wooden handle. The bristles are pretty soft and very flexible so I could use it even for concealer application beneath my eyes. I love applying my foundation and concealer using this brush and it really works well in even application. However, there are certain issues with the foundation brushes too, and I've learnt that while using any foundation brush to apply foundation, always ensure that stroke the brush in criss-cross way initially on your face. That way, you'd avoid any streaky lines and would be able to blend the foundation better. However this never gave me any streaky application, probably because of its proportionately flexible built and super soft bristles.

Check out a closer look to the brush below:




Below are some of the likes and dislikes that I've felt about this brush:

Likes:

It comes with an extremely sturdy wooden handle that gives good grip.

The bristles are well built and extremely soft to give smooth application. The brush is built in a way that is stiff enough to press your foundation properly into the skin and flexible enough to take care of all the corners of your face, like under the eyes and around the nose.

I've washed this brush for 5-6 times by now and it has never shed even a single hair so far. The bristles remain to be super soft the way they were initially.

Super duper cheap and great quality!! :)

Dislikes:

The color of the bristles changes once I've used it to apply foundation. Even after loads of washing and wiping, the colors don't get back to the original one. I don't know if this is the case with all foundation brushes or not. But, I certainly don't like the discolored bristles showing my foundation color on it instead of the brush's original black and white.

Availability can be a con as this is not available everywhere. I got it from Amazon and the good thing is that the shipper ships it to India. Also the shipping cost is very less as compared to other sellers. I think for this brush the shipping cost was only around $7-$8.

Overall verdict: I love this foundation brush and I'd definitely love to try other brushes from this brand now!! :)

Rating: .5/5

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here: