Skip to main content

Review: Lotus Herbals Moist Petal lipstick - Red Rover - #112



About Lotus Herbals Moist Petal Lipsticks

Lotus Herbals MOISTPETALS™ lip colours contain botanical extracts of Symphytum Officinale & Plantago Oyata Seeds. These natural ingredients nourish and protect your lips by providing optimum moisture all day long.

Quantity: 4.2 g

Price: INR 349

My experience wit this lipstick:

With the festive season going on these days in India, I wasn't surprised to see this shade being launched in Lotus Herbal's latest launches. It is a typical Indian festive and ethnic makeup lipstick, which will look absolutely gorgeous on loads of Indian skin tones.

It looks bright red at an instant, which might scare you off, but on lips it comes off pretty well. This is a red with orange undertones, but the orange is not that noticeable.
This is a shade that can suit both cooler and warmer skin tones, and the good thing about it is that it can be built. If I lightly dab it on my lips, it gives a nice flush that can be carried on any ethnic Indian wear. If you want more dramatic look, you can build it up. The lipstick is quite opaque in coverage, and creamy in texture. It gives semi-matte finish to the lips.

I wore it on Diwali for evening time, and it stayed on my lips for 1-2 hours, while I kept eating and drinking stuffs. The lipstick faded to a subtle red flush on my lips after that.
It is a completely transferable lipstick, so be careful with this when you are with your boyfriend (or hubby).

Below are some of the likes and dislikes that I've felt with this lipstick:

Likes:

1) Lovely red and gold packaging with Lotus logo on it. The case is quite sturdy and ensures stability so that you can carry it in your bag without any trouble.

2) The lipstick is extremely creamy and glides on pretty well. Even though its creamy, it doesn't tend to melt away.

3) I found the lipstick pretty moisturizing and didn't feel any drying out of my lips while I wore it.

4) It has a mild floral fragrance which isn't too bothering.

5) It is quite opaque and gives a good coverage.

6) It can be built from soft red lips to bold ones, depending upon what you want.

7) Price for the quantity you get makes it pretty affordable.


Dislikes:

1) The lipstick has a tendency to settle in fine lines so ensure that you exfoliate your lips well before using this.

2) It is transferable, so keep a tissue with you to wipe off stains from glasses while you are partying (or you can leave them there for guys to admire)

3) Staying power might be a problem, but I am perfectly fine with it and don't mind re-applying lipsticks after 2-3 hours.

4) I couldn't find the complete set of ingredients on the package.

Below are some more pics, swatches and how it looks on me:









Rating: 4/5 (B+)

Disclaimer: Product sent by the brand for consideration; however my honest review as always.

Popular posts from this blog

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts - Review

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts  The best way to spend four hours of waiting period in Dubai transit is to do shopping. In all the shopping I did there, I bought this particular lotion as well. The main reasons behind buying this lotion were: 1) I wanted to try Olay as a brand as I’d heard a lot of good stories about it. 2) I wanted a light moisturizing face lotion that has SPF, UVA/UVB protection and could be worn easily below my foundation for day wear. Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts Price: $10 Quantity: 30 ml What does Olay say about its Natural White lotion ?

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes