Skip to main content

Review: Queen Soft Powder Blushes - Natural Blush and Dark Amber

Top to Bottom: Natural Blush, Dark Amber

About Queen Soft Powder Blushes
Gentle enough for even the most sensitive skins, Queen blushers are easy to apply, provide longlasting colour and are easily removed with any of our cleansers.
Come in four shades - Soft Pink, Natural Blush, Dark Amber or Maize

Price: £10.75 (each piece)


Shades being reviewed: Natural Blush and Dark Amber
  
Ingredients:Talc, Titantium dioxide, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Paraffinum Liquidum, Pigments.

My experience with these blushes

I usually always tend to bring more of neutral pink and peach blushes into my collection, particularly for office wear and when I started using "Natural Blush" blush, I was more than happy with the results I got from this blush. This one comes off beautifully in texture as well as pigmentation.  I like to use it almost daily for office wear. For night outs, it can work excellently with smoky eye looks.Lovely peachy-pink blush that actually gives a nice natural color and glow to my cheeks.

"Dark Amber" is a brownish colored blush with slightly red undertones to it. It looks beautiful on application when tried with light hand and gives a lovely color to my cheeks.
Both the blushes have very fine texture, don't become powdery or chalky at all. They give soft matte finish and don't have any shimmer to them. 



Below are some of the likes and dislikes that I've felt about these blushes:

Likes:

1) The blushes have very good pigmentation.
2) I like the staying power of these blushes that stay on my cheeks for 4-5 hours and don't get patchy after that on my oily-combination skin.
3) Come with very fine texture that don't get powdery or chalky at all.
4) I've not felt any breakouts or irritation on my skin using this.

Dislikes:

1) My only concern is that the shade "Natural Blush" is probably more cool toned and even on my (MAC NC 37) skintone it gives a nice healthy glow, so it might not show well on darker skintones. But "Dark Amber" can work excellently for any skin tone. Just a warning to cooler skintoned people to use it with light hand!! :)

2) Availability might be a concern, but you can order them online from Queens cosmetics official website here.

3) Contain parabens

4) I feel that the price makes these blushes a bit expensive for the quantity you get.

Overall verdict: I love these blushes for everything right from the texture to the pigmentation and how well they blend into my skin. Since they have no shimmers, I love to use them for office and daytime look the most. Natural blush gives a soft natural flush to the cheeks, whereas Dark Amber gives a lovely sunkissed glow. A very little works fine for both the cheeks and with the staying power they have, I definitely recommend them.

Rating: 3.5/5 (B)

Below are some pics:
Natural Blush

Left to Right: Natural blush swatch and blended
On my cheeks
Dark Amber

Left to Right: Dark Amber swatch and blended
Dark Amber on the apples of my cheeks


Dark Amber on the apples of my cheeks
Disclaimer: Product sent by the brand;however my honest review as always

Popular posts from this blog

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts - Review

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts  The best way to spend four hours of waiting period in Dubai transit is to do shopping. In all the shopping I did there, I bought this particular lotion as well. The main reasons behind buying this lotion were: 1) I wanted to try Olay as a brand as I’d heard a lot of good stories about it. 2) I wanted a light moisturizing face lotion that has SPF, UVA/UVB protection and could be worn easily below my foundation for day wear. Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts Price: $10 Quantity: 30 ml What does Olay say about its Natural White lotion ?

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes