Skip to main content

Review: Rouge Bunny Rouge Metamorphoses Mattifying Primer

Image source


About Rouge Bunny Rouge Metamorphoses Mattifying Primer:



At the heart of the arid salt plains, where the land is unforgiving and few plants grow, stands a mysterious and majestic palace, home to the caretakers of the one stream that runs through this dry desert. Its marble walls stretch high into the sky, encircling the palace in a ring of pure white. But the sun here beats down so fiercely that all those who laid their eyes upon on the palace’s brilliantine white walls would instantly be blinded by its shining glare. For this reason, each morning a team of the stream caretakers departs to the plains to find the sprawling cactus plants that dot the landscape. They carefully slice open the cactus and remove the pure white sap from inside its protective husk.
Returning to the palace bearing pails of the carefully harvested sap, they gently apply it with sponges to the walls of the palace, already hot from the morning sunrays. The light and creamy liquid dissolves into the walls, allowing the heat to breathe its way out and the surface to absorb the day’s sunshine, caressing and smothering the sun’s rays until they are disarmed. All day the walls radiate a smooth, matt brightness; a natural glowing sheen of perfect creamy white, with no glare.
The feather-weight texture of our Mattifying Primer miraculously gives your skin a velvet matte suede glow; it removes the unwanted shine completely and evens out your skin tone.
The enriched formula, including moisturising and soothing actives such as Allantoin and Meadowfoam Seed Oil, smoothes fine lines and wrinkles. Vitamin E fights free radicals and has anti-oxidant and anti-ageing properties.
Pores are tightened without the shocking sensation of a stiffening mask. Instead, you will actually feel the nourishing care of the weightless fluid, and see the transformation promised by many but achieved effortlessly by … Metamorphoses.
It can be used on its own or as a base for make-up. 

Small tricks:

  • Perfect your skin for the day or before you apply any make-up product with our Mattifying Primer. 
  • Use it over your daily moisturiser on your complete face, or only on your T-zone, for the smoothest and most seamless canvas.
  • Apply it on your lips and eyelids to enhance the staying power of your lipstick and eye shadows. 
  • For longer lasting lipstick and a velvet matte finish take a tiny amount with our Lips Brush (# 010) and add carefully over your lipstick as a thin layer.
Ingredients:
Aqua, Silica, Nylon-12, Octyldodecanol, Limnanthes Alba Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cera Alba, Allantoin, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium Edta, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben

Price: £ 44.00



My experience with Rouge Bunny Rouge Metamorphoses Mattifying Primer

I got a sample of this product to try on, and with the quantity I got, I could use it regularly for around 5-6 days. I usually would apply this primer on my face, eyelids and lips after I'd done my regular CTM routine for the day time. The primer is white in color and has creamy consistency which is neither too thick nor too runny - just apt enough to be blended well into the skin. It gets absorbed into my skin within seconds of application leaving behind soft and silky finish, which is matte. I really love the way it prepares my skin for foundation as my foundation just glides onto my skin effortlessly. I have oily-combination skin and I usually prefer matte makeup look for my daily office wear, and this has definitely helped me a lot in getting the look and sustaining it for many hours at office. My face remains shine free even after 5-6 hours whenever I apply this primer and my makeup along with the blush remains intact.
I've experienced a good amount of color pay off from my blushes and eyeshadows using this primer. My lipstick also stays for a bit longer duration, whenever I've used this primer over my lips after applying any lip color.

Below is a quick list of likes and dislikes that I've felt about this primer:

Likes:

1) Creamy texture that glides on my skin well, gets absorbed in second and leaves silky smooth matte finish.
2) Eases up the foundation application and helps get a seamlessly flawless look.
3) Keeps my face makeup intact and my T-zone shine free for 5-6 hours which is pretty good.
4) I've not experienced any allergic reactions or break out from this primer.
5) A very less quantity is needed to cover the entire face hence it'd definitely run for long time.
6) Enhances the color pay off of blushes and eyeshadows when used as a base for them. Also, my eyeshadows don't crease for a longer time and stay intact for 4-5 hours.

Dislikes:

1) Availability might be a concern, but you can purchase this from Zuneta.com
2) I didn't notice any noticeable reduction or tightening in size of my pores.
3) The product contains parabens.

Overall verdict:
This is a decent primer for everyday use. It really gives a smooth and flawless finish to the skin, thereby enhancing your eyeshadow's and blush's colors and staying power to a great extent, hence definitely recommended.
Rating: 3/5


Below are some of the pics:




Product swatch

Green Eyeshadow results with the primer

Blue eyeshadow results with the primer

Do you use face primers? Which is your favorite face primer? Share with me in your comments below.

Popular posts from this blog

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts - Review

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts  The best way to spend four hours of waiting period in Dubai transit is to do shopping. In all the shopping I did there, I bought this particular lotion as well. The main reasons behind buying this lotion were: 1) I wanted to try Olay as a brand as I’d heard a lot of good stories about it. 2) I wanted a light moisturizing face lotion that has SPF, UVA/UVB protection and could be worn easily below my foundation for day wear. Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts Price: $10 Quantity: 30 ml What does Olay say about its Natural White lotion ?

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes