Skip to main content

Review: Dr. Scheller Natural and Effective Calendula Handcream with Marigold Extracts

Though I don't experience much cold or dryness in Bangalore's winters, I do experience the effects on my skin. I usually have dry (read scaly and rough) skin on my hands  (and also rest of the body), and I am a sucker for hand creams. This winter, I got a chance to try a variety of hand creams from L'occitane, P2 and Dr. Scheller. I've already reviewed one of L'occitane's hand cream HERE and P2 cosmetics Handcream HERE. Let us check out the third one today:


Intensive protection for rough and chapped hands. Marigold extract soothes and vitamin A makes the skin widerstandsfahig. The hand balm envelops like a protective film on the skin and soothes chapped areas. Free of parabens!
P.S: RingelBlumen -> Marigold

Price: 2,39 € (Around INR 170/-)

Quantity: 75 ml

My experience with this hand cream:

If you are a sucker for floral fragrances then you'd definitely love it. This hand cream is a yellow color cream, probably because of marigold extracts, with a consistency that is neither too thick nor too thin. It has a sweet Shea butter and cocoa butter-mixed-with-floral fragrance which is a bit strong (though I couldn't see Shea and cocoa butter anywhere in the ingredient list). Funny thing is it nowhere smells like marigold to me, or may be I know some different marigold flowers. The cream is a bit heavy on application and takes some time to absorb into the skin. However, it does give my hands soft and moisturized look which looks beautiful and stays for almost 5-6 hours. Check out some likes and dislikes below:

Likes:

1) Comes in a tube packaging with a nice flip open cap which makes it easy to use and quite travel friendly too.
2) The cream has creamy consistency and is quite easy to apply.
3) I like the sweet floral-Shea and cocoa butter fragrance of the cream.
4) Does keep my dry and rough hands quite smooth, supple and moisturized for good 5-6 hours.
5) Quite inexpensive.
6) Contains no parabens!

Dislikes:

1) Availability can be a concern, as I don't think it is available anywhere in India.
2) It takes time to get absorbed and it leaves my hands slightly greasy and oily on application but to a very minimum level.
3) People with sensitive noses might not like its strong and sweet fragrance.

Overall verdict: I really like this cream a lot especially for its effectiveness. I usually apply this cream at night, when I don't have to do any work. I've always got smooth and bright looking hands the next morning and hence I recommend it for sure.

Rating: 3.5/5 (B)

Below are some more pics:
I've translated this description above in English. This is the same description in Deutsche(D), French (F) and Italian (I)

SLO stands for Slovenian language and next to is the description again, below is the ingredient list.



Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...