Skip to main content

Review: L'Occitane Shea Desert Rose Hand Cream

These days I am being bombarded with roses from everywhere, may be because of pre-valentine’s effect – Roses in my soap, Roses in my perfume, roses in my air freshener and roses in my massage oils. So, when I saw this latest hand cream launched from L’Occitane that said “Desert Rose” in it, I was expecting similar “rosy” experience from this too.
However, as knowledge’s light dawned upon me, I came to know that desert rose is not exactly a form of rose and no its not just one of the “Stings” album song’s title either. Here is a pic of how a Desert Rose looks like:


Desert rose is basically a South African shrub having a swollen succulent stem and bearing showy pink and white flowers after the leaves fall; popular as an ornamental in tropics.  Also known as Moroccan rose, their extracts are conventionally renowned for their soothing and moisturizing benefits.

This Limited Edition Desert Rose Hand Cream, enhanced with a fruity and tangy interpretation of Moroccan rose, is highly concentrated with Shea Butter (20%) to help protect, nourish and soften your hands.

Price: Rs. 495.00 for 30 ml

This particular cream from L’Occitane is basically a Desert Rose Shea butter handcream and you get to smell Shea butter mixed with some citrusy-floral fragrance from it. It is a bit thicker than the other L’occitane’s hand creams I’ve used so far, but it just blends into the skin really well without leaving any oily or greasy film behind. All I get are soft and moisturized hands with a hint of lovely fragrance in them. I couldn’t smell any particular rose fragrance from this cream, but floral one for sure which is a bit tangy too and that mixed with Shea butter fragrance definitely gives it a very nice flavor, which I like. 

The only con that I’ve felt from this hand cream and probably from all L’Occitane’s hand creams so far is the packaging. I don’t like these old medicinal tube like packaging with screw open lids. I wish they could come up with flip open caps for easy usage.

Overall, I love using this hand cream a lot and would definitely recommend it.

Rating: 4/5

Check out more pics below:





Disclaimer: Product sent by the brand for consideration; however my honest review as always

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...