Skip to main content

Beauty Starts from Within


(Guest post by Ivana Vitali)

As many words in our language, “beauty” is often a misconceived term. We always associate it, maybe indirectly, or maybe not, with the stereotype of physical perfection that society imposes at the present: for example, a young slim angel-face girl. This is the kind of model we see nowadays on T.V, magazines, ads, etc. However, this stereotype is sure to change from time to time. Just think about this: in the fifteenth century, upper-class women from the North of Europe would pluck their hairline to make their foreheads look higher…yes, sounds painful…but can we say it is a lot different from our waxing? Can we actually say it is more painful? Can we say this is wrong without assuming that we do use invasive methods to fit the stereotype?
True Beauty
Image Source
If you look up for the word “beauty” on a Merriam Webster dictionary, the first entry you will find is: “the quality or aggregate of qualities in a person or thing that gives pleasure to the senses or pleasurably exalts the mind or spirit”. According to this definition, beauty has nothing to do with the outside. On the other hand, it comprises a set of qualities that, as a whole, make the beautiful person that you are. Antiaging crams and dermalfillers are healthy, non-invasive solutions that allow our body to complement our personality, and they should be the tools we use to take care of our outside as we work on the inside.

As regards the outside, it should reflect who we are inside, and this is the reason why we need to take care of our skin, hair, clothes, etc. We are way past the rebel stage on which we would try not to fit by wearing unconventional clothes. First impressions are always important, and they can even be determinant in certain moments like a job interview, a date, or any important occasion where we show who we are. The way we dress, we walk, we talk, and etc. says a lot about ourselves.

However, unlike what teenagers think, “different” clothes won’t make us one of a kind. We are at a stage where we should know that it is the inside is what makes us unique. The outside must be taken care of, but for other purposes: we are mainly talking about goodness, health, equilibrium. We need this balance between mind, body and soul to grow up and develop ourselves as human beings of good. It is all about harmony. A healthy body, mind, and soul, is what make a healthy human being. We must feel good about ourselves, about our bodies, our capacities and also be in peace spiritually. None of these aspects should be disregarded, and you must always remember – You are beautiful!

Popular posts from this blog

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts - Review

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts  The best way to spend four hours of waiting period in Dubai transit is to do shopping. In all the shopping I did there, I bought this particular lotion as well. The main reasons behind buying this lotion were: 1) I wanted to try Olay as a brand as I’d heard a lot of good stories about it. 2) I wanted a light moisturizing face lotion that has SPF, UVA/UVB protection and could be worn easily below my foundation for day wear. Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts Price: $10 Quantity: 30 ml What does Olay say about its Natural White lotion ?

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes