Skip to main content

My experiment with Lip Tattoos

Today I am going to review the most fun, interesting and possibly unique products I've ever tried till date - lip tattoos. I've already heard a lot about them and even saw a couple of youtube videos to see how they work. Interesting they sound from the concept; they are so much fun to use. I absolutely had a ball trying these lip tattoos, and here goes the review below:


Price: Around $5-$8

Usage: Once

My experience with these lip tattoos

When I received these lip tattoos, I had absolutely no idea how to use them. After watching a couple of youtube videos on how to use them, I dared myself to give one a try. I had to be absolutely perfect in using them, coz otherwise once ruined, it is gone forever. I started by cutting both upper and lower lip tattoos separately and then matched their shapes to my lips. One good thing about these lip tattoos is that they come with cutting guidelines more horizontally and vertically to help you get your perfect shape. It is recommended to cut both upper and lower lips from the inner side, i.e. the side that will close in your mouth, so that the upper curves and shapes of both upper and lower lip tattoos are maintained.

Once cut and shaped properly, remove the sticker from the tattoos, place them on your lips and moisten it with wet fingers from the top. Keep it pressed on your lips for a few seconds for the tattoo to set and then gently remove the sheet. Allow the tattoo and design to set for 5 minutes, and try not to howl or shout or jabber a lot, otherwise you might get creases. I got crease on my upper lip when I was busy showing my surprise to myself in the mirror. Then I realized that I almost ruined such a lovely design in smiling my way to the glory. I was more careful with my lower lip tattoo and that got set perfectly.

These tattoos are real fun to use, and completely safe too. I didn't feel any kind of toxic or allergic reactions from using them on my lips. The usage was fun, the design even more fun (or funnier in other way!), and these can be perfect for your themed parties or fancy dress competitions. The only problem is that they are just like regular tattoos and can't be reused again. Once applied, they stay on your lips for almost whole day. You can remove them using an oil based cleanser, let it soak for sometime and then use a lip scrub for the same. I used my Biotique Almond oil cleanser to remove these tattoos from my lips and they came off after some efforts, while I rubbed my lips with a mix of lemon and crystallized sugar.

Rating: 4/5

Check out more pics below:







I've used this one in the pics below


After doing the upper lip

In flash

After doing both the lips




Me with the tattoo...Since its the first time I used it, the edges aren't looking very neat..

Popular posts from this blog

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts - Review

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts  The best way to spend four hours of waiting period in Dubai transit is to do shopping. In all the shopping I did there, I bought this particular lotion as well. The main reasons behind buying this lotion were: 1) I wanted to try Olay as a brand as I’d heard a lot of good stories about it. 2) I wanted a light moisturizing face lotion that has SPF, UVA/UVB protection and could be worn easily below my foundation for day wear. Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts Price: $10 Quantity: 30 ml What does Olay say about its Natural White lotion ?

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes