Skip to main content

Illamasqua Human Fundamentalism Eyeshadows - Burst and Sex: Review, Photos, Swatches, EOTD


Hey friends,

Today I am going to review two of my current most favorite eyeshadows here, which are a part of Illamasqua's Human Fundamentalism collection. Ok! the names are a bit of err.. never mind!, but the eyeshadows are real fun, I promise! 
Since summers are here, it feels great to bring on more colors to my face, and these eyeshadows make a great combo to try some real fun summer eye makeup looks.
I shared the details about the Illamasqua's Human Fundamentalism launch and the products HERE. Check out more details about the eyeshadows from this range - Burst and Sex below:


About these eyeshadows

An explosion of highly pigmented Powder Eye Shadows in six bold shades: 
  • Burst (Blue Green), 
  • Cancan (Lilac Purple), 
  • Pivot (Yellow Green), 
  • Vernau (Yellow Ochre) 
  • Obsidian (Rich Black), and 
  • Sex (Pure White). 
Intense and long-lasting the easily blendable shades express every aspect of your humanity.

Price for quantity: £15.50 for 2g

My experience with these eyeshadows:

The eyeshadow Burst is a gorgeous matte deep bluish-green, kinda teal colored eyeshadow, which is amazingly pigmented and gives a lovely color in one swipe only. The color can be built to get decent intensity and I love the finish it gives to my eyes. I've worn this shade a few times and tested it with and without eyeshadow primer too. Without primer it stays on my lids without creasing or fading for 4-5 hours after which it starts fading, but I still didn't notice much of creasing. With my essence eyeshadow primer, I've seen it stay as it is for around 6-7 hours after which I anyway washed it off. I've not experienced much fallouts from this eyeshadow.

Sex is a matte white eyeshadow, which I was a bit skeptical about before using, and even with the swatch. I thought it would turn out chalky on my eyes, but surprisingly it turned out quite good and blended seamlessly without creasing, flaking or looking chalky in anyway. I usually use this eyeshadow as a highlighter shade for areas around my tear ducts and under the highest points of my brows. This eyeshadow too doesn't give any fall outs and stays put for 6-7 hours with eyeshadow primer. 

Check out some of the quick likes and dislikes I've felt about these eyeshadows:

Likes:

1) Gorgeously pigmented and give decent color in one swipe without looking chalky or flaky at all.
2) Ultra smooth in texture and easy to apply.
3) Give almost no fallouts.
4) Both are matte shades and I find them pretty wearable for day time looks, especially in summers.
5) The eyeshadows can be built to get decent color.
6) No creasing or fading for pretty long time.
7) Are easy to blend to get different looks. Check out my tutorial HERE to see how it works.
7) I love Illamasqua's packaging. :)

Dislike:

1) You don't get these products everywhere, however you can order them online from Illamasqua's official website, but be ready to pay some amount of shipping charges if you reside outside UK.

2) Ingredients contain parabens! :( 

Overall I love these eyeshadows from the collection and have already tried them to create 2-3 looks, which turned out pretty good and fetched me lots of compliments too. I've shared a tutorial for one of the looks HERE.

Rating: 4.5/5 (A)                                            

Check out some more pics, swatches and eye makeup look below.

















And here is the eye makeup look done using these eyeshadows. I've used Burst on the outer V and on the lower lashline, and used Sex on the areas around my tearducts and under the highest points of my brows. If you like this look then check out the complete tutorial for this look HERE.



So, what do you think about these eyeshadows? Share your opinion with me in your comments below.

Product Sent by the Brand for consideration, however my honest review as always.

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...

Review: Motives® Lustrafy High-Definition Mascara in Oynx

About Motives® Lustrafy High-Definition Mascara Primary Benefits of Motives® Lustrafy High-Definition Mascara: Will not clump, flake or glob Long-wearing Patented brush provides superior lash definition Price: $16.95 Quantity: 8ml What Makes Motives® Lustrafy High-Definition Mascara Unique? Brushes make all the difference with makeup application, especially with mascara! Motive's new Lustrafy High-Definition Mascara will define, separate and lengthen your lashes like never before. The secret is in the revolutionary High-Definition brush with rubber bristles that fans out and lengthens each lash as it sweeps on mascara from root to tip. No more clumps or globs, just beautifully defined long lashes. My experience with this mascara: I got this mascara a couple of days back and I've been using it since then daily for office wear. I've found the mascara quite impressive in its own unique way. The first thing that I noticed about the mascara was its packaging. The t...