Skip to main content

Review: Just Herbs Sun'nil Jojoba-Grapeseed Moisturizing Sun Protection Lotion


Sun protection is something that I feel is must, no matter what season you are in. Even in current monsoon season when there is overcast almost 95% of the day time, I do like to apply a light moisturizer that offers some level of sun protection. I got this particular lotion from Wellnessocean.com and have been using it since past few weeks now. Let us check out more about this lotion below:



This lotion is aimed at addressing and even reversing the signs of sun-driven skin aging. The natural polyphenols present in green tea, grapeseed and carrotseed oils effectively neutralise the free radicals responsible for skin aging. 
Due to the presence of natural antioxidants capable of scavenging the free radicals while Aloe Vera replenishes the lost moisture to restore the skin’s NMF(natural moisturizing factor) and controls Sun-induced hyperpigmentaion in the form of freckles, thus maintaining the skin’s natural complexion. 
Psoralea seed extract strengthens the skin’s defence mechanism against UV rays to maintain the integrity of coetaneous barrier.

Ingredients:
Jojoba Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Green Tea Ext.,Soy Lecithin, Wheat Germ oil, Aloevera, Carrotseed oil, Psoralea Seed, Zinc oxide.


Price for the quantity: INR 395 for 100 ml

Suitable for: Normal to Dry skin

My experience with this lotion

At the time of purchase I didn't know that this was for normal-dry skin. However, I still went ahead and gave it a try on my oily-combination skin. The lotion has sort of creamy consistency and smells heavenly of fruits - particularly grapeseed. I was quite amazed to see that it got absorbed into my skin within a jiffy and didn't leave any oiliness, greasiness or even film anywhere. I don't see how can this not suit oily-combination skin. I've applied it on my face on very hot and humid days as well, and every time I'd apply it, it'd just seep into my skin, leaving nothing outside and I could easily go out.
My skin is quite sensitive to sun and has a tendency to get tanned within 5-10 minutes of sun exposure. This lotion is indeed moisturizing and even though there is no description about the level of SPF, UVA/UVB protection on the package, it still has prevented my skin against tanning to a great extent.

So, on that note, check out some of the likes and dislikes below:

Likes:

1) I like the packaging of this lotion. It comes with a pump that oozes out just right amount of product to use.

2) It smells heavenly of fruits and I love it for that.

3) The consistency of this lotion is quite creamy and spreads easily on application.

4) The lotion gets absorbed within moments of application, without leaving any oiliness, greasiness or weird film on my face.

5) It does moisturize my skin, without making it oily at all.

6) Never broke out my skin or gave me any sort of irritation.

7) Prevents my skin against tanning under the sun rays.

Dislikes:

1) No mention of the SPF level or UVA/UVB protection mentioned on the bottle, even though it says and actually gives sun protection to some extent.

2) I don't know why the bottle says "Normal to dry skin", when it has fared excellently on my oily/combination skin.

Overall: I am quite loving using this lotion daily, especially in current monsoons. It hydrates well, gives some level of sun protection, causes no "chip chip" at all even in this humidity and my skin feels great, so absolutely recommended!

Rating: 4.5/5 (A) Check out more pics and swatch below:





So, what do you think about this lotion?
Share your opinion with me in your comments below

Popular posts from this blog

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts - Review

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts  The best way to spend four hours of waiting period in Dubai transit is to do shopping. In all the shopping I did there, I bought this particular lotion as well. The main reasons behind buying this lotion were: 1) I wanted to try Olay as a brand as I’d heard a lot of good stories about it. 2) I wanted a light moisturizing face lotion that has SPF, UVA/UVB protection and could be worn easily below my foundation for day wear. Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts Price: $10 Quantity: 30 ml What does Olay say about its Natural White lotion ?

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes