Skip to main content

MAC Matte Lipstick - VIVA GLAM III - Review, Swatches, LOTD


MAC Matte Lipstick -VIVA GLAM III  is described as a foxy brown plum shade.



Price: $16.50

My experience with this lipstick

I usually prefer wearing light pinks and peaches on my lips on everyday basis. However, I do love to glam up my look for special occasions and this particular lipstick
definitely is my hot favorite in glam make-up kitty. It is a cool toned deep plum lipstick with a hint of pink and brown to it. The lipstick comes with MAC's signature vanilla fragrance. Even though the texture isn't super creamy, it does glide on well on my lips to give that flawless matte finish. The lipstick doesn't bleed and if I take due care to take of the excess after application, it doesn't transfer much too.
I've experienced a staying power of around 4+ hours from this lipstick, when I am not eating anything after which it fades out to give soft reddish pink color to the lips. I love the fact that despite being a matte lipstick it doesn't dry out my lips at all. The formula is quite hydrating and I've not felt the need to apply any lip balm beneath it. Even though the color is so deep, it somehow doesn’t make me look old or mature in any way. I love to wear it as a stain most of the times, but often go overboard with it full on my lips especially on special occasions.

So, let us have a quick look at the likes and dislikes that I've felt about this lipstick below:

Likes:

1) Gorgeous cool toned deep plumish pink shade that gets its warmth from a hint of brown in it.
2) Very hydrating despite giving matte finish to the lips.
3) Gives a good staying power of 4+ hours
4) Never irritated my lips or caused any kind of discomfort.
5) Very light to wear.
6) Doesn't bleed, stain or get transferred much.
7) Goes evenly on my lips giving a smooth finish

Dislikes:

Even though it is quite hydrating for the lips, you need to be careful and check whether your lips are chapped or not before you wear this. The lipstick does accentuate any cracks that you've already had so make it sure that you exfoliate your lips well and get rid of all the dry and dead skin before wearing this.

None apart from the above one. 

Overall

It is a gorgeous lipstick and definitely something for you if you want try deep brownish plum colors without fearing to look mature. I've got compliments every time I have worn this lipstick and it does brighten up my face beautifully without making my lips look OTT or glaring bold at all. It gives a lovely smooth matte finish that compliments my skin tone amazingly and I certainly recommend it for sure.

Rating: 4.5/5 (A)

Availability: The lipstick can be purchased online from Brigette’s Boutique.com 

Check out more pics and swatches below:




On my lips in day light - looks more pink here


On my lips in normal light - Can you see the touch of brown and plum in it?

So, what do you think about this lipstick?
Share your opinion with me in your comments below

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts - Review

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts  The best way to spend four hours of waiting period in Dubai transit is to do shopping. In all the shopping I did there, I bought this particular lotion as well. The main reasons behind buying this lotion were: 1) I wanted to try Olay as a brand as I’d heard a lot of good stories about it. 2) I wanted a light moisturizing face lotion that has SPF, UVA/UVB protection and could be worn easily below my foundation for day wear. Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts Price: $10 Quantity: 30 ml What does Olay say about its Natural White lotion ?

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes