Skip to main content

Valentine's day Coffee Date look using Maybelline New York Products - Tutorial, OOTD

Hi everyone,

I hope you are enjoying the pleasant weather of February. I am currently at Kutch and quite loving the cool winds here. The weather is super awesome and it feels nice to wear light clothes here.

Valentine's day is coming up and I hope you guys have already started planning to make it grand. To make it extra special for you, I have prepared few makeup looks and tutorials for you, in collaboration with Maybelline New York to celebrate this "love" festival and also Maybelline New York's Superstay 14hr Lipsticks

The one I am sharing with you today is a soft makeup look with a hint of color to it. I have emphasized more on getting a glowing complexion, and soft eye makeup for this look, while adding a touch of color on the lips. This look will make you look fresh, and is perfect for a Valentine's day coffee date (or any coffee date for that matter!)  Have a look below:

Valentine's day Coffee Date


Valentine's day Coffee Date
The Makeup look


Valentine's day Coffee Date
The before and after pic.. :P


Here is the tutorial to get this look:

1) Apply Maybelline New York BB cream on your face to get a smooth, natural and flawless finish. Avoid using foundation if you can, as you want this look to be soft and not look too makeup-y at all.

2) Next double your BB cream over the areas where your skin is a bit more pigmented to make it look flawless.

3) Next I used the BB cream all over my lids to even out my skintone on the lids and give a smooth base for colors to show up.

bare eye


4) Take a shimmery baby pink eyeshadow from Maybelline New York's Eyestudio Diamond Glow Eyeshadow palette "02 - Wine Pink" and apply it all over the lids as well as on the inner corners of your eyes. The soft shimmer and baby pink color will brighten up your eyes and also give a soft romantic glow.

Valentine's day Coffee Date


5) Next take the deep plum-purple color from the palette and apply it on the outer V as well as bring it into the crease. Blend the edges well to get a soft finish.

Valentine's day Coffee Date


7) Next take your favorite gel liner and line your upper lids. Create a soft wing at the outer end of your eyes. Here, I have used Maybelline's drama gel liner. I've used only the black part of this liner, since I wanted to look to remain soft. The liner looks super gorgeous and brush gives a steady control over the application. I'll showcase a more glam use of this gorgeous liner in another tutorial, so stay tuned.

Valentine's day Coffee Date


8) Take a kajal eyeliner and apply it on the outer third of your lower waterline. Smudge it a little with your little finger to get a soft smoldering effect. I've used Maybelline's Colossal Kajal here. Absolutely love it for its long lasting stay, and I don't have to bother getting raccoon eyes too, since it doesn't smudge much after getting set. Check out my complete review HERE

Valentine's day Coffee Date


9) Curl your lashes and apply generous coat of Maybelline New York's Colossal Mascara

Valentine's day Coffee Date


10) Next take a soft pink blush and apply it on the apples of your cheeks. Here, I have used   Maybelline's Dream touch blush 07. I absolutely love this blush as it gives a cool pink color to my cheeks and adds a bit of sheen as well, hence it works as a highlighter too. I've used a bit of this blush on the bridge of my nose too  for this look.

Maybelline blush

Maybelline blush
Left to right: Bare face; dotted the blush on the cheeks; Blended


11) Next take Maybelline New York's Dream Matte powder and just apply it on the areas where to tend to get shinier throughout the day. For me it is the forehead, sides of my nose and chin.

Valentine's day Coffee Date


12) Next take a plum color to give this soft look a slight edge. I have used Maybelline's super stay lip color in shade 260 - Always plum here. Since, I've used shimmers on the eyes and shining highlights on the cheeks, it is best to go matte on the lips. I am quite loving these lip colors from Maybelline these days for their matte finish and long lasting stay. This shade is a gorgeous mauve-plum shade that looks lovely on wear and gives an instant boost to the whole look.

Valentine's day Coffee Date


These lip colors are quite long lasting on my lips and I am quite addicted to these nowadays. Since, I have always suffered from the problem of severe chapped lips, I like to keep them hydrated by using a lip balm beneath my lipstick. I absolutely swear by Maybelline's baby lips lip balm these days to keep my lips as smooth as a baby's. Check out my complete review HERE.

Wear the whole look with a smile and you are ready to look your best at your special Valentine's day coffee date. Check out more pics below and the complete list of products used:

Valentine's day Coffee Date



Products used:

Face:

Maybelline New york BB Cream in shade "Natural" (reviewed HERE)
Maybelline New York Dream Matte Powder
Maybelline Dream touch blush - 07

Eyes:
Soft pink and deep purple eyeshadows from Maybelline New York's Eyestudio Diamond glow eyeshadow palette - 02 Wine pink
Black gel liner from Maybelline's Drama gel eyeliner (01 - Black and Silver) to line the upper lids
Maybelline's colossal kajal on the outer third of the lower waterline (reviewed HERE)
Maybelline New York's Colossal Mascara

Lips:
Maybelline's baby lips Anti-oxidant berry, reviewed HERE
Maybelline's super stay lip color - #260: Always plum (pics and swatches below)




Maybelline's Super stay lip color - #260 - Always plum
Maybelline's Super stay lip color - #260 - Always plum

Maybelline's Super stay lip color - #260 - Always plum Swatch
Maybelline's Super stay lip color - #260 - Always plum

Maybelline's Super stay lip color - #260 - Always plum Swatch
Maybelline's Super stay lip color - #260 - Always plum Swatch

Valentine's day Coffee Date look

Below are some pics of mine with this look:


Valentine's day Coffee Date look
Me :D


Note: Products by Maybelline New York

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts - Review

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts  The best way to spend four hours of waiting period in Dubai transit is to do shopping. In all the shopping I did there, I bought this particular lotion as well. The main reasons behind buying this lotion were: 1) I wanted to try Olay as a brand as I’d heard a lot of good stories about it. 2) I wanted a light moisturizing face lotion that has SPF, UVA/UVB protection and could be worn easily below my foundation for day wear. Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts Price: $10 Quantity: 30 ml What does Olay say about its Natural White lotion ?

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes