Skip to main content

My Low Fat Dessert recipes

My Simple Low Fat Dessert recipes

I usually love to have something sweet after my meals. It was my habit to take out a scoop of ice cream, or a piece of cake or a chocolate immediately after having lunch or dinner. However, because of my current condition, I can not eat any of these things to take care of my sweet tooth. So, I've found a few low fat dessert recipes as healthy alternatives to satisfy my sweet cravings and I am quite loving them so far. Here are few of them:

Easy and simply Low Fat Dessert recipes


1) Raw coconut: 

Somehow strangely I don't like anything much about coconut except for its raw taste. I like coconut chutney but I don't like coconut water, nor coconut milk. At present, just one simple liking of mine has proven to be a boon. A small piece of fresh raw coconut immediately after my meals, helps me satisfy my sweet cravings to a great extent. Also, since just a small piece of coconut requires a lot of munching, it does tire me enough to not munch on anything else after that! :P

Low fat dessert recipes - Walnut with raisins


2) Walnut with raisins: This is my favourite dessert dish at present. Just 2 halves of a walnut taken with 4-5 pieces of raisins taste yummm and work amazingly in taking care of my sweet craving. And it is definitely the healthiest option of all!



3) Yogurt with just a small teaspoon of sugar : 

After my surgery, I was suggested not to take milk products, but my dietitian allowed me to have low fat yogurt. I love to sprinkle a small spoon of sugar in a bowl of yogurt and have it after my meal. It tastes delicious, is low in calories and works as a perfect dessert.

4) Biscuit cake:

If you are in a mood to take a break from all the healthy eating, but don't want to indulge in foods that are high in sugar and butter, you can try this simplest of all low fat dessert recipes that gives results which can put major cake bakers out of business. This recipe isn't low in calories, but is amazingly easy and quick to make. All you need is 10 minutes of your time and following stuffs:

Ingredients
 - A packet of your favourite chocolate biscuit (I like to use Oreo and hide and seek)
 - A cup milk
 - Half teaspoon Eno
 - A microwave safe bowl
 - A microwave

Recipe:

1) Break the biscuits into small pieces and put them in the bowl.
2) Bring the milk to boil and slowly start pouring it on the biscuits while mixing. Ensure that all the biscuit pieces are softened properly and make a thick batter.
3) Add eno to the mix.
4) You can also add a bit of regular chocolate pieces in the batter if you like.
5) Place the bowl in microwave, and cook for 3 minutes
6) Your biscuit cake is ready to serve and can beat any other chocolate cake in its taste! :D

My sister made this cake for me, and I had just a small bite of the cake. My gall-bladder less liver could easily digest it even after just 7 days of surgery, so I think it isn't too high on fat. It tastes yum and I am sure it is at least less in calories from a regular chocolate cake

During initial few days after surgery, I would munch on a slice of bread with jam or a Mcvities digestive biscuit for dessert as these were the only things allowed for me. However, now I am thoroughly enjoying my healthy low fat dessert recipes and hope that you too try these and enjoy good health.

So, what do you think about my Low Fat Dessert recipes? If you have any such cheat recipes, feel free to share with me in your comments below


Comments

  1. Creative recipe Kimi, so the cream between the oreo biscuit too goes in it or can do without it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha...I use cream as well...but if you want to avoid it you can use hide and seek biscuits. My sister tried the recipe with Good day kaaju biscuits too and it turned out quite yumm...The cake turns out to be really spongy and tasty... :D :D... Do give it a try and let me know... :)

      Delete
  2. biscuit cake sounds yummy...vl try that for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachna... Do give this recipe a try and let me know how your cake turns out!! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave you feedback in comments below.

Popular posts from this blog

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts - Review

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts  The best way to spend four hours of waiting period in Dubai transit is to do shopping. In all the shopping I did there, I bought this particular lotion as well. The main reasons behind buying this lotion were: 1) I wanted to try Olay as a brand as I’d heard a lot of good stories about it. 2) I wanted a light moisturizing face lotion that has SPF, UVA/UVB protection and could be worn easily below my foundation for day wear. Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts Price: $10 Quantity: 30 ml What does Olay say about its Natural White lotion ?

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes