Skip to main content

Dove Elixir Hair Oil Review

Dove Elixir Hair Oil Review

Dove Elixir Hair Oil Review

Price: INR 185

 I got a chance to try three variants of Dove Elixir hair oil within past 3 months and I quite enjoyed using them. One thing that I absolutely loved about each Dove Elixir hair oil, was the amazingly soothing and relaxing fragrance. Each oil has its own characteristic fragrance coming from its raw material which can be easily seen in each bottle. Dove elixir hair oils have been quite light and adequately give you a spa like experience while staying in the comforts of home. Here goes my experience with each of the oils below:

My Experience with Dove Elixir hair oil : Lavender and Olive Oil


Dove Elixir hair oil Lavender and Olive Oil

I began using this particular Dove Elixir hair oil mid-November last year when my skin and hair were suffering from severe dryness attack.  A bit of change in my skin care routine did the trick for my skin and for my hair, I began using this particular oil once every  2 days.  I quite liked the way both lavender and olive oil worked in giving adequate moisture to my dry scalp and shine to my hair, especially around the tips. The wonderful lavender aroma does wonders in instantly relaxing the senses,  while olive oil does its good work in healing the dry scalp and rough hair. Quite recommended for use during dry seasons.

 Rating: 4.5/5 (A)

My Experience with Dove Elixir hair oil - Hibiscus and Argan Oil

Dove Elixir hair oil Hibiscus and Argan Oil
 
Dove Elixir hair oil Hibiscus and Argan Oil

I've already tried Argan oil before from Confume, which I reviewed HERE, and I absolutely loved it. My previous experience with argan oil was quite amazing and I was expecting similar thing from Dove Elixir Hibiscus and Argan hair oil as well. The argan oil I used earlier had serum like consistency and I could use it any time, especially before stepping out, just to add some shine and smoothness to my hair.

This particular Dove Elixir Hibiscus and Argan hair oil,  is quite light though still feels like an oil, instead of serum. I'd definitely not use it on my hair before stepping out.  It claims to give hair shine, though I found it to work like any other normal hair oil. Just that it is quite light and smells heavenly.

Rating: 3.5/5 (B)

My Experience with Dove Elixir hair oil - Rose and Almond Oil
Dove Elixir hair oil Rose and Almond Oil

As tempting is the name of this oil, so is its soothing and relaxing fragrance. To test the effectiveness of Dove Elixir Rose and Almond Oil,  I asked my sister to use it for a while, as she was suffering from severe hairfall issues. She used it once every 2 days and within a week of usage, she saw noticeable difference in her hairfall rate.

I don't have much hairfall problem and Dove Elixir hair oil worked ok with me. I love its rose fragrance with a hint of almond essence to it. Sometimes I get pieces of dried rose petals inside the oil but they aren't of any trouble so no issues there.

Rating: 4/5 (B+)

Overall, the only dislike that I've felt from each Dove Elixir hair oil is the packaging. The pump to take the oil out is quite tight and hard for my liking. You won't enjoy pressing it too many times to take the oil out, especially after you've massaged your hair once and have oily slippery fingers and want to take out more. Besides it gets messy and you have to clean your fingers on a tissue paper before attempting to pump out more. Apart from this,  I find each Dove Elixir hair oil to be excellent value for money.  They definitely deliver what they claim, so I'd certainly recommend you to give this a try.

Related Articles

Review: Shingar Herbal Oil - Beauty Diaries
Review: Sunsilk hair cream Extra Softness 
Essential Oils and Some Essential Tips on their Usage 
Beauty Diaries: Review: Himalaya Herbals Protein Hair Cream

Comments

Post a Comment

Please leave you feedback in comments below.

Popular posts from this blog

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts - Review

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts  The best way to spend four hours of waiting period in Dubai transit is to do shopping. In all the shopping I did there, I bought this particular lotion as well. The main reasons behind buying this lotion were: 1) I wanted to try Olay as a brand as I’d heard a lot of good stories about it. 2) I wanted a light moisturizing face lotion that has SPF, UVA/UVB protection and could be worn easily below my foundation for day wear. Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts Price: $10 Quantity: 30 ml What does Olay say about its Natural White lotion ?

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes