Skip to main content

Sister's Engagement makeup - pics and products

Hi friends,


I have been MIA since a week now and the reason was that I had been super busy with my sister's engagement ceremony that took place on 6th June 2014 at Jaipur. I got the privilege to do her engagement makeup. Though I didn't do her hairdo, but guided the hired hairstylists to follow what I wanted with her hair and I was pretty pleased with the end result. Check out some pics below:

Engagement Makeup

Engagement Makeup

Here is the makeup breakdown:

Face:




1. I started with applying Rouge Bunny Rouge Metamorphoses Mattifying Primer all over her face as well as on her eye lids to get a smooth and prepped up skin.

2. I dotted Revlon’s PhotoReady foundation with Airbrush finish in shade 003-Nude all over her face and using a damp sponge blended it well.

3. I mixed my Benefit Boing concealer with my Diana of london concealer to make the shade appropriate for my sister's complexion and used it under her eyes.

4. I sealed everything in place using the loose mineral powder by Mattify cosmetics.

5. I used Illamasqua powder blush - Ambition on apples of her cheeks to give her cheeks a nice soft glow. The blush comes with minute glitters that look beautiful and you don't need to use a separate highlighter too.

6. I used the dark brown shade from my Professional compact palette to contour her face. I lightly used it below her cheek bones, around the jawline, a bit at the edges of forehead and slightly along the sides of the nose to make her face appear slimmer and more defined. I tried to keep the whole thing really soft to make it all look natural ans glowy.

Eyes:


1. On top of Rouge bunny rouge primer I applied faces cosmetics metallic glow eyeshadow primer and blended the formula using my fingers.

2. Next I used a flat brush to gently pat the Inglot eyeshadow #430, which is a gorgeous golden eyeshadow, all over her lids.
From left to right: #382, #430, #422

3. I used a bit of Inglot eyeshadow #382, which is a beautiful red colored eyeshadow lightly along the outer edges of the golden eyeshadow to give a bit of rosy warmth to the eyes.

4. Next I took the deep brown shade from my NYX runway palette and applied it along the sockets, blending it well with my Rouge bunny Rouge large shader brush. I also applied the same eyeshadow along the outer half of her lower lashline.

5. Next I took the light yellow shade from the NYX Runway palette ESP10CECBR and applied it to the inner corner of the eyes as well along th inner half of the lower lashline.

6. I used Faces Canada Eyeshine to highlight her browbone.

7. Next I used L'Oréal Paris Carbon liner to line her upper lashline and then used L'Oréal Paris Million lashes mascara to give decent volume to her lashes.

8. Next I applied a pair of gorgeous whispy false lashes to her eyes and her eyes were done.

Lips:


1. I started with lining her lips with Diana of London Absolute Moisture Intense Color Pay Off Lip Liner - 09 Raspberry Sorbet and using a lip brush blended it well.

2. Next I applied L'Oreal Paris Caresse lip shine - Bella on her lips. The gloss is amazingly long lasting and stayed put on her lips till the function lasted - i. e. around 6 hours.

After finishing her makeup I used my P2 cosmetics makeup spray to set her makeup. Her makeup stayed put throughout the function and there wasn't any need for touchups at all. Her face stayed radiant all along, and even though all the guests continued to do muh meetha by feeding her sweets and cashews, her lipgloss stayed fine.

All in all, it was the first time I used all my learning from my blog to do an official bridal/ engagement makeup and I am thankfully pleased that it went so well. I am so grateful to my sister for trusting me with her special day. She was absolutely stubborn that she wouldn't hire a professional makeup artist and would get her makeup done by me and only me. I can't thank her enough for her faith and belief in me. Love you sis and God bless.... :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts - Review

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts  The best way to spend four hours of waiting period in Dubai transit is to do shopping. In all the shopping I did there, I bought this particular lotion as well. The main reasons behind buying this lotion were: 1) I wanted to try Olay as a brand as I’d heard a lot of good stories about it. 2) I wanted a light moisturizing face lotion that has SPF, UVA/UVB protection and could be worn easily below my foundation for day wear. Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts Price: $10 Quantity: 30 ml What does Olay say about its Natural White lotion ?

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes