Skip to main content

MAC Mickey contractor Collection: Yash Lipstick - Review, Photos, Swatches

I have to admit that I had never been to MAC store ever before till last Sunday. I had always been too cuckoo to enter such makeup stores, and moreover I never saw MAC store anywhere before. Even the one and only MAC store opened at Bangalore is somewhat far away from my place. I stay in Koramangla and the MAC store is near to the Bangalore Central at Magarath road, which is pretty far.

However, after seeing the craze MAC's Mickey contractor's collection was making on all the ladies, especially in India, I had to go and see some stuffs for myself, as I was getting dreams about MAC stuffs (How much crazier can I get?). I was contemplating to buy Mehr and siahi to start on a safer note with MAC. I also thought of trying the foundation, know my shade and then decide what to buy, but that wasn't scheduled for my first MAC visit.

I even got to meet Priya, who I knew from IMBB and weekendramblings blog. We'd chatted a lot over comments, but talked face to face first time last Sunday. Her presence made me feel quite comfortable while talking to MUA. For a pleasant change, I wasn't intimidated a lot.

I tried Mehr, but either my face had already got somewhat drained off because of the long travel and traffic, or it might be the light - I couldn't find it too flattering on my face. It was quite matte and the shade gave a feeling of deja-vu to me as I used to make similar shade by mixing two of my favorite lipsticks (I love to mix colors and get my own personalized ones). I showed it to Priya and she asked me to apply more. I said I'd already applied 2-3 coats, after which she stared at my lips again. Somehow, her expressions also told me that it wasn't "The right stuff" for me. :P After that I tried Yash, and oh boy!! even though with those typical nude and skin color kinda lips, my face looked really good and different (on a good note). I approved in first glance but then apprehensively looked at Priya; her face expressions were affirmative, and I decided to go with it.
After that I even tried MAC Cosmo lipstick, to figure out its difference from Mehr. Cosmo has more glossy finish than Mehr and I liked it as well. I think I might pick up MAC Cosmo lipstick in another visit.

So, let us now come to the review of Yash:

Price: Rs.990/-
Availability: M.A.C Cosmetics Stores (Limited Edition Mickey Contractor's collection)
MAC Mickey contractor Collection: Yash Lipstick - Review
MAC Mickey Contractor collection: Lipstick - Yash
MAC Mickey contractor Collection: Yash Lipstick - Review
MAC Mickey Contractor collection: Lipstick - Yash Swatch

Pros:

1) MAC has truly made this shade for Indian skin tones and it is THE perfect nude lipstick.
2) The texture is quite creamy. Since this is my first MAC lipstick, I now know why all the beauties swear by MAC lipsticks, and why did MAC lipsticks top the chart in the favorite lipstick brands.
3) This lipstick can very well work as a base for people who have pigmented lips. If you want to flaunt a true baby pink color, you can apply this lipstick as base.
4) It is really moisturizing, and I don't need any lip balm beneath it.
5) Top it up with a gloss and it is perfect for office wear.
6) It is just such a perfect match with my skin tone, that I can very well use it as eyeshadow base and concealer too. I used it and it has somehow worked really well with me so far. You can check some awesome tips by Mickey Contractor and a video tutorial here. 
  
Cons:

Since it is kind of skin colored shade, the lipstick alone wouldn't flatter your face much. This is not the kind of lipstick, you can put on when you have just 2 minutes to get ready and go out. It requires a good nice base on your face, some color on your cheeks and eyes and most importantly a lipgloss on the top. It might look a bit corpsy, if you just want to apply it and leave. You can check an awesome tutorial done by Rati on IMBB, using Siahi fluidline and Yash lisptick of MAC - Mickey contractor's collection here.

For daily office wear, I tried the below look with Yash lipstick, and I seriously received a lot of compliments on this. This is a typical no-makeup, makup look, which I believe, can flatter any skin tone:
MAC Mickey contractor Collection: Yash Lipstick - Review

Here is what I did: 


  • I simply applied the foundation, after moisturizing my skin well. I have oily/combination skin, but I feel that to get a nice healthy glow, you should apply a mild moisturizer on your face. 
  • I used the Yash lipstick as concealer, and it works wonderfully well in concealing my blemishes and dark circles. 
  • I used Yash as a base for my eyeshadow as well, and applied golden eyeshadow on the inner half of the eyes, followed by bronze colored eye shadow on the outer corner and shading it on the golden one. 
  • After that I applied black eyeliner. 
  • I applied bit of kohl on the outer corner of the eyes and smudged it a bit, after that I lightly applied one stroke of kajal in the water line. 
  • I applied lots of mascara on my eyes, to really give them some nice definition. 
  • After that I applied a bit of pink blush on the apple of my cheeks, followed by a bit of bronzer on the sides of nose, outer areas of my face and most importantly I brushed the leftover around my lips, to let Yash stand out of my skin tone. Here, I'd like to warn, that please don't take extra bronzer while applying around your lips, as that might make your mouth area look pigmented, just a bit of hint is more than enough.
  • I applied Yash lipstick on lips and let it set for 2 minutes.
  • I topped it up lightly with lip gloss.

Products used:

So, how did you find the complete look? Please share your ideas and opinions in your comments.

Yash Lipstick is available on Amazon as well. 

A good news for Bangalorean Beauties: Another MAC store might get opened by 2nd week of February 2011 at Shopper stop, Koramangala. I am really happy about this, as I stay just 5 minutes walking distance away from this mall. 

Comments

  1. i want to get yash NOW!! all these pics by you, rati nd others are very tempting. my only prob, i dont do much of makeup on eyes n now hv to rethink :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Vanity...dont bother much about eye makeup. I did some eye makeup just for this post. Morning to office, I only applied eye liner, kajal and mascara. Just I applied lotsss of mascara to make my eyes look bright and open. The only thing needed with this particular lipstick is an awesome base, a hint of color on your cheeks and a nice lip gloss over the top of the lips!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww.. this is perfect nude shade for you !! luking so pretty !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Vanity

    Apart from that I find this very beautiful and creamy base color that can work as a lipstick base, eyeshadow base, concealer and what not..a true multi-purpose lipstick!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Deeptima

    Hey thanks Deeptima!! Getting that compliment from you is really an honor!! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. !! I dont know if I posted a comment already..but any cartoon names you see - is me :D :D :D

    You looking pretty pretty prettttyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Rads

    Thankoooooo Radsss :D :D but what cartoon names were you trying to post??? You trying to scare meeeeeeeeeeee??????? hmmmmpphhhh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. But your cheeks are stealing the limelight dear. They look so healthy and cute and blushy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. he he..thankooo Nivedita!! :-* I find this to be the best way to make this lipstick wearable on daily basis, coz many people especially in India refrain from using any smokey eye or dramatic eye makeup, especially those who go to office. This nude shade works best this way for me, without making me feel any uncomfortable at office. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yash looks great on you!!! I can see how it will be a great office wear lipstick...somehow i found it too washing out on me...i liked it under a gloss...but on you its looking so fab !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. dis looks so pretty...n being multi purpose its totally worth !! fab...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks PnB. I find Yash to be a very very open shade... I mean you can experiment so much with it. Today I have applied it with one orange gloss, I used to detest so much because of its bright orangy feeling..and it is looking soo awesome today!! :O ... me absolutely in love with Yash!! :-x

    @Bhumika..
    Thanks dear.. Do give it a try..it is really amazing!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow Cali....Yash looks so perfect on you
    its the perfect nude lips for your skin.....and loved it for the versatility...may be I will try it next time I visit MAC :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Jinal

    he he..thanks Jinal!! :-* ..Do give it a try...It opens such a plethora of options in front of you to experiment with..I am totally loving it!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks soooper pretty on you, Cali. :)) I am totally digging Yash myself. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Rati

    hai naa Rati!!!!!!!!! :D :D It is giving me so many pretty pretty ideas to play around with....Absolutely awesomeeeee!! My special thanks to you, Priya and Mickey Contractor for bringing this collection!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. er...I mean Mickey contractor brought the collection and you and Priya made me buy this!! :P :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  18. hehee....am so loving it on you....u r looking pretty pretty.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Priya

    Thankoooo Priya!! :D :D All credit to you!! :-* :-* :-* :-*

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Cali, I like you with Yash....I don't know how you do that beautiful understated look...you look so shy..all innocent...really I can't reconcile your pics with your naughty comments on IMBB..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Rajeshwari

    Hawww... :-O You making me blush now Rajeshwari!! Thank you sooo much!!! :P ..he he....ever heard of appearances can be deceptive..I am epitome of that!! O:-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ahhh even I want Yash!!!
    you looking soooperr dooper in this :D

    I have a feeling it will work great for my dark circles. I think I'm finally gonna give a try to a MAC lippie. I just wish they could make it permanent so I could buy laters too !!

    ReplyDelete
  23. cali looking all pretty pretty... what did your bf say when he saw you like this?

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Ezzy

    Yeah Ezzy! this worked so perfectly as a concealer for me. Do give it a try!! I also wish that MAC people include this in their permanent range!!! Thank you so much!! :) :)..

    ReplyDelete
  25. @anks

    he he he..anks!! :)) ...He really liked it..As far as I am not putting any color on my eyes, he is fine with it..Since he doesn't allow me to put any eyeshadow, he lets me experiment with my lippies !! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yash really suits you Cali!! Its so awesome how this lipstick can be used for so much more than application on lips!

    ReplyDelete
  27. @corallista

    Thank you soo much Corallista!! :) :) Yeah..this lipstick definitely has versatile usage!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. cali...i wanna steal ur yash :P

    ReplyDelete
  29. I would have liked if you had posed in that fb nude girl way....yash lipstick and you like that..............#(#@^^Z#^@(

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hawwwwwwwww...Jomoll.. :O :P :P

    @Nupur

    Thanks dear!! he he he..you also get one..I am sure it would look awesome on you!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave you feedback in comments below.

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...