Skip to main content

Bebe Young care Shine control face wash: Review

My trip to Germany last time was made in a hurry as I had come back from a 10 day long Bharat Darshan tour and had just 5 days left with me to pack my stuff. In all the fuss, and airport check in rules and regulations - I forgot to keep my tooth brush and Face wash with me. The worst part was that I reached Ulm, Germany on Sunday, when all shops were closed and I didn't know where to go searching for these two necessities. Fortunately, I got a blend-a-dent toothbrush at the railway station and somehow could manage with one spare emergency small bottle of clean and clear face wash that I keep in my purse all the time and that had last minuscule amount of stuff left in it to work for me that day.

But, next day I had to go and pick up a facewash most urgently. I went to the Muller mall nearby my hotel, and was immediately lost in the whole section of beauty and cosmetics, with so many brands glaring at me, inviting me to pick them up.

Kudos to my poor hold on German language, I was about to pick up “Body-dusch” thinking it to be body lotion, but some kind girl told me that it was a body wash. Imagine the horrors it would have made, if I'd applied it as body lotion and gone out. It was all rainy there in Germany. I can't think of what kind of horrible looks I'd have got, had people seen me dripping foam and water on the roads.

Anyways, after avoiding that big dodo mistake, I thought of getting specific and only concentrate on the need of the day - Face wash. But, I guess, it wasn't my day at all, as I picked up Neutrogena face mask and cleansing water instead and came back to my room. It was after coming back to my hotel, that I realized what had I taken. I somehow tried to use the stuff for washing my face but horrors of horror - none worked. The cleansing water smelled quite strong of alcohol and bubbled, scaring me with its appearance as if it was made up of some strong acid. I kept it aside and refused to even look at it. I used the face mask, thinking it might work somehow for the day. But, obviously it couldn’t replace a facewash. The day however ended, without me making any more fun of myself.

The next day, I carefully browsed through all the products in the mall, and it took me one hour to finally take these two facewashes - Bebe and Aok. Somehow, my gut feeling said that bebe was for the teenagers because of it being 'young care', but to hell with who it was for. I was only concerned with what it was for - Washing face - Deal done.

So, after that long story, let me get to the review of the first face wash I bought there -Bebe young care shine control wash gel.
Bebe Young care Shine control face wash: Review
Bebe young care Shine control wash gel

Price: 5 Euros

What does the brand say about this product?

Bebe Young care Shine control face wash: Review

Don't get scared, let me translate it for you:

The new Shower Gel Shine control care of Bebe young is oil-free and contains lemongrass and fruit extracts. The soft foam with cleaning beads helps remove dirt and excess oil from the skin. It provides a whole day of shine-free complexion and gives your skin a fresh appearance. The formula is so mild that it can be applied daily.

Application: Apply on the wet face up and gently massage. Avoid eye area. Rinse off with clean water. 

This new Shine Control Cleansing Gel contains non fatty lemongrass and fruit extracts. Apply to damp skin, massage and rinse. Exclusively for external use. Avoid contact with eyes.

And here are the ingredients:
Bebe Young care Shine control face wash: Review



My take on the product:

Pros:
1)      I like the refreshing fluorescent green colored consistency it offers. Such  radiant colors somehow always freshen me up.
2)      It has very nice fruity smell, that helps a lot in soothing you after a long tiring day.
3)      The gel has some very minute particles, which work well in exfoliating your skin. I however use a separate face scrub too, twice every week.
4)      I like the pump bottle – easy and hygienic.
5)     Even though having SLS, it lathers normally – neither too much, nor too less, but just balanced.
6)      It cleans my face quite well of the impurities, and gives that refreshing cleansed feeling as well.
Cons:
1)      The gel has slightly thick consistency and the pump generally gets the residue left in it, which comes out as dried out part in subsequent usage.
2)   It contains SLS.
3)      I don’t think it is too good in removing makeup as well, as it is quite mild in action (probably because it is meant for teenagers). If I’ve put on makeup, I usually remove makeup using a makeup remover, and then clean my face using this.
Bebe Young care Shine control face wash: Review
gel with cleansing beads
Bebe Young care Shine control face wash: Review
Pump to get the gel
Rating: 4/5 for rescuing me during my stay. :P

Comments

  1. hehe..wat an experience...I had german in my 12th std ..so understand it thoda thoda..1 of my frd continued it n is now doin her PhD in german..!!
    nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm from Germany and your trip to "Muller" really made me laugh! :D
    I don't know why there isn't also an English explanation on the back but one in French :/

    But nice review :)

    Greetings from Germany ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Stefanie

    :D :D Thank you soo much Stefanie and welcome to my blog!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave you feedback in comments below.

Popular posts from this blog

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts - Review

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts  The best way to spend four hours of waiting period in Dubai transit is to do shopping. In all the shopping I did there, I bought this particular lotion as well. The main reasons behind buying this lotion were: 1) I wanted to try Olay as a brand as I’d heard a lot of good stories about it. 2) I wanted a light moisturizing face lotion that has SPF, UVA/UVB protection and could be worn easily below my foundation for day wear. Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts Price: $10 Quantity: 30 ml What does Olay say about its Natural White lotion ?

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes