I have been intending to do this post since quite a long time now. I think, you can find at least one post like this at almost all beauty blogs. I have always been accused of carrying a heavy bag. I myself wonder why it keeps on getting heavy, despite me taking off stuffs from it every now and then. No matter, how much I try, I always get shoulder ache, after carrying my bag for just 10 minutes continuously on one shoulder. Anyways, enough of my rants. Let us peep inside the black(brown as my bag is brown from inside)-hole and check what stuffs fill it daily:
So, this is my bag. I totally adore such prints and designs. The bag is by Marc Picard and I bought it at Germany for some 40 euros. I somehow don't fancy just one big zip in a bag like this one has. I usually like bags with multiple zips and lots of pockets. Somehow this bag has some 4 small pockets inside, where I can easily keep my quick-go essentials like lip balm, inhaler and keys.
Now here is what goes inside it.
1) My comb: I bought it from some chinese shop for Rs.50 only. I totally loved the pink bristles and the mirror at back. As I lack dexterity and extra ordinarily lack good hand-eye coordination, I have dropped it several times, because of which some pink beads have gone missing and the mirror has also broken!! :( Anyways, I still love how it feels in my hair, and I still love to flaunt it at my office and public restrooms in front of others!
2) Cadeavera hand creme: A hand cream is must for me, wherever I go. I bought this cream in Germany - Muller mall, for some 2-4 Euros (I don't remember the exact price). It is quite effective and moisturizes my hands well, along with imparting some nice soothing smell. I'll review it soon here!!
3) Moisturizer: A body lotion is must for me, wherever I go as I have typically dry and dehydrated body skin. I bought this cute Ayur bottle, just because of its travel size. Its a very small bottle, almost the size of your palm. I could pour any moisturizer in it and travel with it, along with me even in flight. I have quite big and heavy bottles of all the moisturizers I own, and this small bottle has rescued me a lot. Currently it is filled with St. Ives softening whipped silk body lotion.
4) Hair n Care Silk n Shine serum: I believe that a lot can be portrayed from a person's personality, just by the way he/she projects his/her hair. So, I give a lot of attention to grooming my hair. My hair have a tendency to get dried pretty soon, and they start popping up some ugly tangles, which I absolutely detest. This serum rescues me a lot in managing my dry hair on some dry and bad hair days. An absolute must in my bag.
5)Revlon touch and glow face cream: This is my HG face cream and I carry it all the time with me. It is a very light face cream and helps a lot in brightening your face, any time of day. I wrote a review of it, which can be checked here.
6)Essence Compact powder: A compact powder is the best friend of people like me who have oily/combination skin on face, especially on T-zone(Forehead, nose, chin). The quickest beauty touch up to get decked up for a meeting is to splash cool water on face and eyes, wipe off dry, patt compact powder, apply your fav lipstick, and ta-da you are presentable to go. I bought this essence compact powder in Germany for 5 Euros.
7) Lipsticks and a cute mirror: I like to mix and match shades so I carry these three lipsticks with me to get some nice color and freshness on my face. These are Revlon peach, Inglot #199 and Oriflame Berry Kiss.
8) Garnier anti-dark circles cream: Even though it doesn't help anything on dark circles, it does work on reducing puffiness around my eyes. I carry it with me, as I am allergic to the air conditioners used at office, and develop swellings around my eyes because of the cold. This cream has helped me a lot in coping up with the swelling and puffiness. Check review here.
9) Some emergency clutches and clips!!
10) Wallet: I dont own any fancy wallet. This is a plain black wallet, which I carry solely because it has lots of pocket, it is quite handy and I can organize my cards, cash, photographs and other stuffs properly.
11) Cadeavera Lip balm
12) Pens , keys and Ipod touch
Phew!! Thats a lot of stuff I think. And this is an optimized list of my absolute essentials.I hope I might be able to pack it better next time. Now, having done this post, I feel like knowing what are your absolute essentials that go with you in your bag? Share with me in your comments.
So, this is my bag. I totally adore such prints and designs. The bag is by Marc Picard and I bought it at Germany for some 40 euros. I somehow don't fancy just one big zip in a bag like this one has. I usually like bags with multiple zips and lots of pockets. Somehow this bag has some 4 small pockets inside, where I can easily keep my quick-go essentials like lip balm, inhaler and keys.
Now here is what goes inside it.
1) My comb: I bought it from some chinese shop for Rs.50 only. I totally loved the pink bristles and the mirror at back. As I lack dexterity and extra ordinarily lack good hand-eye coordination, I have dropped it several times, because of which some pink beads have gone missing and the mirror has also broken!! :( Anyways, I still love how it feels in my hair, and I still love to flaunt it at my office and public restrooms in front of others!
2) Cadeavera hand creme: A hand cream is must for me, wherever I go. I bought this cream in Germany - Muller mall, for some 2-4 Euros (I don't remember the exact price). It is quite effective and moisturizes my hands well, along with imparting some nice soothing smell. I'll review it soon here!!
3) Moisturizer: A body lotion is must for me, wherever I go as I have typically dry and dehydrated body skin. I bought this cute Ayur bottle, just because of its travel size. Its a very small bottle, almost the size of your palm. I could pour any moisturizer in it and travel with it, along with me even in flight. I have quite big and heavy bottles of all the moisturizers I own, and this small bottle has rescued me a lot. Currently it is filled with St. Ives softening whipped silk body lotion.
4) Hair n Care Silk n Shine serum: I believe that a lot can be portrayed from a person's personality, just by the way he/she projects his/her hair. So, I give a lot of attention to grooming my hair. My hair have a tendency to get dried pretty soon, and they start popping up some ugly tangles, which I absolutely detest. This serum rescues me a lot in managing my dry hair on some dry and bad hair days. An absolute must in my bag.
5)Revlon touch and glow face cream: This is my HG face cream and I carry it all the time with me. It is a very light face cream and helps a lot in brightening your face, any time of day. I wrote a review of it, which can be checked here.
6)Essence Compact powder: A compact powder is the best friend of people like me who have oily/combination skin on face, especially on T-zone(Forehead, nose, chin). The quickest beauty touch up to get decked up for a meeting is to splash cool water on face and eyes, wipe off dry, patt compact powder, apply your fav lipstick, and ta-da you are presentable to go. I bought this essence compact powder in Germany for 5 Euros.
7) Lipsticks and a cute mirror: I like to mix and match shades so I carry these three lipsticks with me to get some nice color and freshness on my face. These are Revlon peach, Inglot #199 and Oriflame Berry Kiss.
8) Garnier anti-dark circles cream: Even though it doesn't help anything on dark circles, it does work on reducing puffiness around my eyes. I carry it with me, as I am allergic to the air conditioners used at office, and develop swellings around my eyes because of the cold. This cream has helped me a lot in coping up with the swelling and puffiness. Check review here.
9) Some emergency clutches and clips!!
10) Wallet: I dont own any fancy wallet. This is a plain black wallet, which I carry solely because it has lots of pocket, it is quite handy and I can organize my cards, cash, photographs and other stuffs properly.
11) Cadeavera Lip balm
12) Pens , keys and Ipod touch
Phew!! Thats a lot of stuff I think. And this is an optimized list of my absolute essentials.I hope I might be able to pack it better next time. Now, having done this post, I feel like knowing what are your absolute essentials that go with you in your bag? Share with me in your comments.



Thats a nice haul. the cadavera lip balm is so cool
ReplyDeletehe he..yeah Nivedita..its ultimately yummmyyy!!! :D
ReplyDeletecali cali cali , which earphones with ur itouch ????.. i got a new one recently and those huge white ones dont fit into my ear :((
ReplyDeleteyeah...apple's earphones are bakwaas..mine are lying somewhere in drawer..Don't like them...I have a habit of listening to songs on very high volume and those crazy apply earphones play music like a loud speaker, everyone knows what I am listening too.. :S ..So I got these..These are sooper awesome Naina..I dont remember the name..but they are from Sony and I think I bought them for some 400 bucks!! :D :D :D
ReplyDeletenow me also go and hunt ... hahaha..apple ones do play like a loudspeaker.. i want pink earphones :| :|
ReplyDeleteROTFL!! pink earphones....would be so cute na :sulk: ...My friend got fluorescent green colored earphones..he eh he he...just because he got them for 1 dollar only on amazon!! :| :| in buy one get one free offer!!!
ReplyDeleteCali....so many wonderful things in your bag....hey I want to know how to use that shark mouth clip....I have bought so many of them, but I do not know how to use them.....
ReplyDelete@jomol
ReplyDeletehe he Jomoll..even I didn't have much idea how to use them. I simply take some hair at the back, clip them using this this clip and make a half pony-half open hairstyle, donno what to name. It gives a nice cute messy look to your hair. Something like this:
http://hair-styles-for-long-hair.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/aba30_half-updo-hairstyle-in-long-hair.jpg
i have a mini bag inside my huge bag....heheeh...my bags are super heavy ...apart from all the above u put...i also have to carry a book and a stole to protect me from pollution in our dirty dirty taxi
ReplyDelete@Priya
ReplyDeletehe he he..you know what priya, even I carry a stole all the time. You might have seen me carrying one yesterday too..but I usually carry it on my hand..or just around my neck!! :D ....I can imagine your bag with the book. I used to face same problem when I was in new york..It used to take me 1 hour to reach offce through Metro train, and I would read book on the way..seat mil gayi toh theek warna band baj jaati thi!!! b-(
haan....books and music are the best company when u hv to travel long kms...i end up taking anywhwere between 30 mins to 1 hrs...depending ont he traffic :D
ReplyDelete@Priya
ReplyDeletesame here!! :D :D :D
love your bag... so cute...
ReplyDeleteand i carry lots more in my bag!!
@anks
ReplyDeleteha ha ha..:)) tell tell tell..me very nosey now!!! :P :P
even i like bags wit many chains n pockets..
ReplyDelete@bhumika
ReplyDeleteits so easy to manage with them na!! :) :)
Hey Cali.....loved your bag
ReplyDeleteand the idea of refilling small bottles with body lotion is great.... :D
@Jinal
ReplyDeleteHey Jinal!! :D Thanks dear..yeah..I've found that really helpful and since I travel a lot, I always keep small small bottles of face washes and body lotions with me. :) :) No matter what face wash I use, I fill it up in the tiny clean and clear flip open capped bottle. And this has rescued me a lot of time!! :)
hey Cali :D
ReplyDeletegreat no!! I also hate travelling with huge bottles :(
I will also save my tini-mini bottles I love....thanx for the idea :*
@Jinal
ReplyDeleteAwww...you are most welcome dear!! :) :)
Hi cali, nice post. I love to know whats there in others bags :).
ReplyDeleteCan u tell me where to find St. Ives Moisturisers?
hi DB...Thanks for liking my post!! :) You can find St. Ives body lotions at Health and Glow stores, as I got myself one from there only. I think some pharmacists also keep them, but you may not find these at all pharmas, and even those who keep them, may not have all lotions from St. Ives body lotion range!!
ReplyDelete