Skip to main content

NARS Spring 2011 look: Breakdown


Nars, awakens the spirit to spring.  The palette of jeweled earth tones is accented with shots of unexpectedly bright color. To achieve the makeup look in this image, below were the steps done:

1) The model Iris's complexion was evened with Barcelona Sheer Glow Foundation and Custard Concealer. Both were set with a light dusting of Eden Loose Powder before Laguna Bronzer was blended across the forehead, cheekbones and jaw line to lend skin a little extra warmth.

2) Next, Palm Beach Multiple was applied to the cheekbones and temples, blending outwards toward the hairline, as contour. Laguna Bronzing Powder was used along forehead, cheekbones, and jaw line to create more shade and contour.

3) The eye was prepped with Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, and then the deep bronze shade of Calanque Trio Eyeshadow was applied from lash to brow.

4) Next, the matte caramel shade was blended into the lid. The lash line and waterline were defined with Black Moon Eyeliner Pencil.

5) Brows were defined with Coconut Grove Single Eyeshadow.

6) The eyes were finished with two coats of Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara on both the top and bottom lashes.

7) An almost-nude lip - created by Tzigane Lipstick topped with Madère Pure Matte Lipstick - complemented the look.

Products Used:

For Face:
NARS Sheer Glow Foundation, Barcelona 1 fl oz (30 ml)


NARS Concealer Custard

 NARS Bronzing Powder Laguna 

For Eyes:

NARS Eyeliner Pencil, Black Moon 1 ea
Coconut Grove
NARS Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara .21 oz (6 g)

For Lips:
NARS Lipstick Tzigane
2. Madère Pure Matte Lipstick

How do you find this look? Share your opinion with me in comments.  
(Source: Newsletter)

Comments

  1. Lovely collection! Wish we had Nars in India:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Rakhshanda

    yeah..I was also drooling over the collection especially the mono eyeshadow - Coconut Grove!! :) ..But you can order from Amazon na!! :D Me planning to order some NARS stuff soon! Will update here accordingly! Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cali, do check out their eyeshadows ;;) ;;)
    i was gifted one set by my cousins, that one is a very pretty duo, but i would have taken 'Stage Beauty' if i could choose...

    i'm thinking of getting it sometime soon, but at the moment i already have too many eye and nail products.

    which all do you have your eyes on? :-* :-*

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Scarlett!! :) I really want to get this NARS Rajashthan!! I mean its such a gorgeous duo!! :X ! I think you reviewed that eyeshadow that was gifted to you..something like sun, sex and something else!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. yea, it is "Sea, Sex and Sun".

    Rajasthan is a gorgeous duo. go for it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave you feedback in comments below.

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...