Dove Go Fresh Body Lotion With Cucumber and Green Tea
I bought this particular body lotion from Ulm, Germany. Since, I have very dry (dehydrated) skin; I needed thick and effective body lotion which could get absorbed easily. There were loads of brands available there, but I specifically chose to buy this, just because I wanted to try Dove body lotion over the regular Vaseline one I'd been using so far. It’s been around 4 months now, since I've been using it and I have been really happy with the results. So, let’s get to the review of this product:
I bought this particular body lotion from Ulm, Germany. Since, I have very dry (dehydrated) skin; I needed thick and effective body lotion which could get absorbed easily. There were loads of brands available there, but I specifically chose to buy this, just because I wanted to try Dove body lotion over the regular Vaseline one I'd been using so far. It’s been around 4 months now, since I've been using it and I have been really happy with the results. So, let’s get to the review of this product:
| Dove Go Fresh Body Lotion, Cucumber and Green Tea |
Price: Somewhere around 8-10 Euros
Quantity: 400 ml
What does Dove Go Fresh Body lotion say?
The go fresh Body Lotion gets absorbed quickly and gives a pleasantly light, cool and refreshing feeling on the skin. The fragrance of cucumber & green tea combine together to give 24 hours moisturizing formula. Is not that refreshing? Skin tolerable and Dermatologically tested.
Ingredients:
Aqua, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Isopropyl Palmitate, Glycol Stearate, Dimethicone, Stearamide AMP, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Camellia, Sinensis Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract, Parfm, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl, 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool, CI 19140, CI 42090
The go fresh Body Lotion gets absorbed quickly and gives a pleasantly light, cool and refreshing feeling on the skin. The fragrance of cucumber & green tea combine together to give 24 hours moisturizing formula. Is not that refreshing? Skin tolerable and Dermatologically tested.
| Dove Go Fresh Body Lotion, Cucumber and Green Tea |
Ingredients:
Aqua, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Isopropyl Palmitate, Glycol Stearate, Dimethicone, Stearamide AMP, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Camellia, Sinensis Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract, Parfm, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl, 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool, CI 19140, CI 42090
My take on the product:
Pros:
1) The body lotion is indeed thick, hence meets my expectation in this aspect. I don’t like the body lotions that have thin and running consistency. I love the cream cheese like creamy texture of this lotion. For reference, I can say that its consistency is thicker than the usual body lotion's.
2) The lotion gets absorbed very easily in my skin. It can be expected, because my skin is always moisture thirsty. The lotion does not leave any greasiness or stickiness behind.
3) I absolutely adore the rich and fresh aroma of cucumber it gives. Dove Go Fresh body lotion has a bit stronger cucumber fragrance than the green tea, which I find really soothing and refreshing.
4) It keeps my skin moisturized for as long as 4-5 hours in day time.
5) I bought this moisturizer in summers, and I've not faced any noticeable change in its consistency. I've usually seen thick moisturizers and body lotions becoming runny during summers. This one however worked quite well for me in both summers and winters.
6) The body lotion is quite easy to squeeze from the small opening. The flip open cap is quite sturdy and secures the lotion well from any wastage.
7) It leaves subtle cooling effect, which I believe is because of menthol in it.
| Dove Go Fresh Body Lotion, Cucumber and Green Tea |
7) It leaves subtle cooling effect, which I believe is because of menthol in it.
Cons:
1) As far as I know, Dove Go Fresh body lotion range is still not launched in India.
2) It contains parabens.
3) Though it keeps my skin hydrated and soft for almost half day, I need to re-apply it again after that. So the 24 hour moisturizing formula doesn't work, at least not for me.
4) The smell, though quite alluring and refreshing for me, might be too strong for others who have sensitive noses. However, the smell doesn't linger for long and fades away within minutes of application.
| Dove Go Fresh Body Lotion, Cucumber and Green Tea |
| Dove Go Fresh Body Lotion, Cucumber and Green Tea |
| Dove Go Fresh Body Lotion, Cucumber and Green Tea - After application |
Overall verdict: I like this lotion a lot particularly for the reasons that it delivers all I want from my body lotions. It is thick, smells amazing and works well for my dry body skin. I will definitely recommend to everyone who loves refreshing cucumber fragrance to try this for sure.
Will I buy it again? Absolutely yes, if I get my hands on this again.
Rating: 4.5/5
Have you used Dove Body lotions? Share your experience and opinions with me in your comments. Which body lotion are you using now?
I liked the new name :D Beauty Diaries :D and I want this greeenie lotion
ReplyDelete@Rads
ReplyDeleteyeah..I had to change it..earlier one was tooo loong!! :( ..he he he..its sooo refreshing Rads..sometimes I just open the bottle and inhale some of that cucumber smell..it really makes me so happy happy!! :D :D :D
@calicoaster
ReplyDeleteAnd Greenie wants greenie lotion!! :)) :)) :))
u got everythg from germany only na :p
ReplyDelete@bhumika
ReplyDelete:-O Not everything..I bought stuffs from India too!! :P Oriflame and Revlon and Inglot!! :P :P :P
it looks wonderful, Cali. pity we don't get it here...
ReplyDelete@SCARLETT
ReplyDeleteyeah Scarlett..its really nice!! :)
me likes this, but again step motherly treatment from Dove :((
ReplyDelete@Rentu
ReplyDeleteyeah..but I think they've already launched some range of their body lotions here. They might bring this go fresh range too!! :) .. I will really sell like hot cakes, seeing the kind of summers we have in India!! Its fragrance and effectiveness is really amazing.. :X ...Even Amazon reviewers have given it 5 stars!!! :D :D
I think they sell something similar - not the same name - but I remember seeing something similar - green bottle - only cucumbers no tea :D
ReplyDelete@Rads
ReplyDeletehainnn?? Where?? :-O :-/
wo vaseline wala hai rads..d cucumber 1..
ReplyDelete@bhumika
ReplyDeleteoh!! :)) Radsssss!! :P :P