Hello friends, I've been MIA since quite a long time, all thanks to loads of stuffs that had kept me engrossed. But, now since all the things are falling back into places peacefully, I can manage to re-start sharing my reviews and makeup looks with you guys. As most of you guys might be aware of, I got married recently. It was a quiet affair than usual, but I still made it sure that I look good for photos..lol..Well, it was an emotional phase for me, and I think wedding is a time, every girl should look her best.
So, below is a pic of how I looked on my wedding day on a small dinner party we had, followed by a tutorial and a breakdown of all the products I used
1) The makeup look was done for the night light, and since I didn't want to look ghostly white in flash light- I chose to go for a foundation, that had low SPF.I recommend using a primer first before applying foundation, as it will allow even and smooth foundation application and also make your makeup last a lot longer. I have Maybelline primer that has SPF 35+, hence I didn't use it for my night pics. Any product with higher SPF will create a whitish cast on your face in flash. So, try using products with lower SPF, when getting ready at night. I would love to buy Oriflame primer for this, as it is quite cheap, doesn't have SPF and can work well for night party looks. However, it has been out of stock since quite a time now, and I have been unable to get my hands on it.
So, I simply skipped the priming part (but kept my blotting papers and pressed compact powder with me, to remove all the oil that could come up after hours of makeup), mixed my Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup with Oriflame peach me perfect and applied it all over my face evenly.
2) Since my dark circles have reduced a lot, thanks to Anne Marie Borlind Pura soft cream and Oriflame's Seeing is believing eye cream - I could easily use my Garnier roll on concealer under my eyes and blend it well, to get an even skin tone under my eyes and hide my dark circles well.
3) I used the Oriflame's peach me perfect again as my eyeshadow base. This is something I discovered recently. It works as wonderful eyeshadow base, and avoids creasing of loads of my eyeshadows. However, it doesn't pop up the colors of less pigmented eyeshadows, not that I've tried much. For my post wedding dinner look, I was anyway going to use Inglot eyeshadows which are quite decently pigmented and have good staying power.
4) I took a light pink eyeshadow from my NYC smokey look eyeshadow palette and highlighted my browbone and the areas around my tearducts.
5) I took the golden cream eyeshadow from my "Color Workshop's Glamour Goddess Palatte", and applied it all over my lid.This gave a good base for my golden eyeshadow.
6) After that I took the red eyeshadow from Inglot palette and filled in the outer V of my eyelids, over the crease.
7) I took the golden shade from my Inglot palette and filled it in the inner third of my eyelids, and along the lower lashline as well.
8) I took Black Lakme satin kajal and just applied on the outer part of my waterline and smudged it a little.
9) After that I applied a black eyeliner(here Ambika Pillai's liquid eyeliner), in slight winged way above my lids, staying close to my lashline.
10) Night light and flash tend to steal some of the features of your face, so in order to enhance them you can use false eyelashes over your eyes for a bit of dramatic effect. I applied VOV eyelashes over my eyes using an eyelash glue and then applied Estee lauder magnascopic mascara, to blend the lashes well with my natural ones, make them look opened up and more naturally defined.
11) For cheeks, I used Maybelline Dream Mousse blush in soft plum on the apples of my cheeks, followed by the frosty pink blush from "The Color Workshop, Glamour Goddess Palette".
12) I used a little amount of Revlon Illuminating cream below my under eye area, around the nose and around my mouth, to catch light in flash and make my face glow.
13) I applied compact powder to set the makeup well.
14) For lips, I first used Lakme lip liner in shade 'Rose' to shape my lips well and then filled in with Estee Lauder pure color lipstick in Rubellite
. I didn't use any gloss over it, as the lipstick was quite lustrous in itself and anyway my face was already getting too shimmery and shiny!! :P .. One thing I did after all the make up was done was that I used the white eyeshadow from my NYC smokey eyeshadow palette on my cupid bow, and over the bridge of my nose. This gave my face some extra glow, without looking too shimmery and sparkly.
15) And here is the finished look!! :)
I hope you liked it!!
Products used:
For Face:
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup
- Oriflame Peach me perfect
- Catrice Mineral powder
- Maybelline Dream Mousse blush in soft plum
- Frosty pink blush from my Glamour Goddess Palette
- Revlon Illuminator
For eyes:
- Inglot eyeshadow palette
- NYC pink smokey eye palette
- Golden cream eyeshadow from The Glamour Goddess palette
- Ambika Pillai black eyeliner
- Lakme Satin Kajal
- Estee Lauder Magnascopic Volume Mascara
For Lips:
- Lakme lip pencil in rose
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick in shade - Rubellite
So, below is a pic of how I looked on my wedding day on a small dinner party we had, followed by a tutorial and a breakdown of all the products I used
1) The makeup look was done for the night light, and since I didn't want to look ghostly white in flash light- I chose to go for a foundation, that had low SPF.I recommend using a primer first before applying foundation, as it will allow even and smooth foundation application and also make your makeup last a lot longer. I have Maybelline primer that has SPF 35+, hence I didn't use it for my night pics. Any product with higher SPF will create a whitish cast on your face in flash. So, try using products with lower SPF, when getting ready at night. I would love to buy Oriflame primer for this, as it is quite cheap, doesn't have SPF and can work well for night party looks. However, it has been out of stock since quite a time now, and I have been unable to get my hands on it.
So, I simply skipped the priming part (but kept my blotting papers and pressed compact powder with me, to remove all the oil that could come up after hours of makeup), mixed my Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup with Oriflame peach me perfect and applied it all over my face evenly.
2) Since my dark circles have reduced a lot, thanks to Anne Marie Borlind Pura soft cream and Oriflame's Seeing is believing eye cream - I could easily use my Garnier roll on concealer under my eyes and blend it well, to get an even skin tone under my eyes and hide my dark circles well.
3) I used the Oriflame's peach me perfect again as my eyeshadow base. This is something I discovered recently. It works as wonderful eyeshadow base, and avoids creasing of loads of my eyeshadows. However, it doesn't pop up the colors of less pigmented eyeshadows, not that I've tried much. For my post wedding dinner look, I was anyway going to use Inglot eyeshadows which are quite decently pigmented and have good staying power.
4) I took a light pink eyeshadow from my NYC smokey look eyeshadow palette and highlighted my browbone and the areas around my tearducts.
5) I took the golden cream eyeshadow from my "Color Workshop's Glamour Goddess Palatte", and applied it all over my lid.This gave a good base for my golden eyeshadow.
6) After that I took the red eyeshadow from Inglot palette and filled in the outer V of my eyelids, over the crease.
7) I took the golden shade from my Inglot palette and filled it in the inner third of my eyelids, and along the lower lashline as well.
8) I took Black Lakme satin kajal and just applied on the outer part of my waterline and smudged it a little.
9) After that I applied a black eyeliner(here Ambika Pillai's liquid eyeliner), in slight winged way above my lids, staying close to my lashline.
10) Night light and flash tend to steal some of the features of your face, so in order to enhance them you can use false eyelashes over your eyes for a bit of dramatic effect. I applied VOV eyelashes over my eyes using an eyelash glue and then applied Estee lauder magnascopic mascara, to blend the lashes well with my natural ones, make them look opened up and more naturally defined.
11) For cheeks, I used Maybelline Dream Mousse blush in soft plum on the apples of my cheeks, followed by the frosty pink blush from "The Color Workshop, Glamour Goddess Palette".
12) I used a little amount of Revlon Illuminating cream below my under eye area, around the nose and around my mouth, to catch light in flash and make my face glow.
13) I applied compact powder to set the makeup well.
14) For lips, I first used Lakme lip liner in shade 'Rose' to shape my lips well and then filled in with Estee Lauder pure color lipstick in Rubellite
15) And here is the finished look!! :)
I hope you liked it!!
Products used:
For Face:
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup
- Oriflame Peach me perfect
- Catrice Mineral powder
- Maybelline Dream Mousse blush in soft plum
- Frosty pink blush from my Glamour Goddess Palette
- Revlon Illuminator
For eyes:
- Inglot eyeshadow palette
- NYC pink smokey eye palette
- Golden cream eyeshadow from The Glamour Goddess palette
- Ambika Pillai black eyeliner
- Lakme Satin Kajal
- Estee Lauder Magnascopic Volume Mascara
For Lips:
- Lakme lip pencil in rose
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick in shade - Rubellite
beautiful..i can say only one word...love your simplicity. you look stunning girl.
ReplyDeleteThank you sooo much Rakshanda!! :) :) :)
ReplyDeleteI've always felt that women would look awesome if they wore slightly less makeup on their wedding days. Your makeup is perfect. You look gorgeous. Congrats on getting married.
ReplyDeleteu look beautiful Cali and wonderfully innocent :) You made a very pretty bride :)
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS once again! :) :-*
Wow............you look gorgeous Cali :))
ReplyDelete@Poohkie
ReplyDeleteThank you sooooooo much!! :D :D :D :D :D
@Samyukta
ReplyDeleteThanks Suma!! :) :) :)
@jomol
ReplyDeleteJomollllllllllllllll.... :-* :-* Thankoooooooo!!! ;;) ;;)
lovely look Cali-- the blushing bride :D
ReplyDeletewonderful glow on ur face :D
Oh you look really beautiful and I love the colour of your outfit! My parents had a simple shaadi too (they it cost them only 35 rupees!) - so I can appreciate the idea of a small & intimate wedding! Congrats again!
ReplyDeletecongrats kimi :) u looking beautiful bride and ohhh so adorable :D
ReplyDeleteCongratulations once again, Cali, you look stunning and beautiful.
ReplyDelete@RASHMI
ReplyDeleteThank you Rashmi!! :) :) :)
@Sabrina
ReplyDeleteThank you soo much Sabrina!! :D :D :D :D
congrats, and you look simply stunning.....simplicity at its best
ReplyDelete@Rentu
ReplyDeleteHiiii...thank you soo much dear!! :) :) :) :)
Saying it again... beautiful and demure... :) i think the glow is not just from the makeup ;)
ReplyDelete@anks
ReplyDelete:D :D :D You are right!! :P :P :P
@calicoaster
ReplyDelete:)
Cali, the glow of marriage is shining through the computer screen ;;) ;;) :X
ReplyDeleteHI cali...u r looking soooooooo pretty..wish u happy married life..(full of love & smiles)
ReplyDelete@Scarlett: Aww...thanks Scarlett!! :) :) :) :X :X :X :X :X You busy these days? Hardly see you at IMBB!!
ReplyDelete@Anshu: Thank you soooooo much dear!! :-* :-*
@calicoaster
ReplyDeleteits not by my choosing Cali...
i have just been mailed by imbb that they would like to part ways with me and when i asked why i did not receive any reply... so for reasons unknown to me, i am not there on imbb :(
whatever, its good to see that married life is treating you so fair. i'm sure along with your sis, your parents are happy for you, whatever their initial reactions may have been. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
@SCARLETT
ReplyDeleteohhhhhhh..I didn't know that!! :-O :-O
Thanks for your wishes dear!! :) :) :) My parents are cool now, as per what my sister informed me...Still have to talk to them..Lets hope everything goes well!! :) and hugsssssss to you!!
@calicoaster
ReplyDeleteall my wishes for that talk with your parents dear. may you be reconciled and content with all your loved ones soon :X :X :X :X :X
@SCARLETT
ReplyDeleteHope it happens peacefully and happily for all!! :) :) Thank you soo much Scarlett!! :D :D :D
@calicoaster
ReplyDeleteit will be all sorted out. and all your friends are always with you. tell us after you talk to them. i'm keeping my fingers crossed and waiting for a positive update on this soon.
take care, and keep smiling. ;)) :)) ;)) :)) ;)) :)) ;)) :)) ;)) :))
u look so lovely cali...u have so beautifully done ur makeup without going OTT....perrrrfeeccct...hehe and the search for the dress goes on....
ReplyDelete@Scarlett: Thanks dear and you too take care!! :) :) :)
ReplyDelete@Priyaaaaaaaa... Thankiesssss.. :-* :-* .....I am feeling soo happyyyyy!!! :D :D :D :D :D
cali....me loving u cho muchhh
ReplyDeleteDo visit my blog:
http://cookingwithloveandforlove.blogspot.com
pretty as always kimi.... :-* :-* :X:X:X
ReplyDeleten u have done a really detailed break down of ur make up n look,,,
@Nupur
ReplyDeleteThank you soooooooo much Noopur!! :D :D I hope it helps!! :) :) :) :)
Caliiii!!!!!!:*:*:* soooo pretty :*:* Congratulatrions again. wuw you!:* :)
ReplyDelete*congratulations :P:P
ReplyDeletecali I lovee ur pics..:)
ReplyDelete@Ikkk
ReplyDeleteThank youuuuuuuuuuu :-* :-*
@Bhumika
Thank you soo much Bhumika!! :) :) :) :) :)
Cali...u luking gawwwwwwwwwjussssssss......i telll u i have seen loads of crappy makeup in this wedding....u are luking so simple and prettyyyyyy....pppl tend to overdo on their big day...but u hav rocked it!!!!!:X
ReplyDeletekhikhikhikhi..thankooooooooooooo Farha!! :D :D :D ..But I am waiting for your pics now!! :) :) :) :)
ReplyDelete