Skip to main content

Review: Essence Mineral Compact powder - 02 (Soft Beige)


About Essence Compact powder
Extremely Gentle, Ultra-fine compact powder with minerals for a natural matt finish. Suitable for all skin types. Dermatologically Tested.

Quantity: 12M
Price: Somewhere between 4 and 5 Euros


My experience with this compact powder:

I bought this product while doing the only thing I used to do in evenings during my stay in Germany; some 8 months back - Shopping! I keep this compact in my makeup kitty for doing touch ups whenever I am out of my desk, though it doesn't come with any mirror or even a buff! Still I keep it just because of its compact size and easy to open and use case.

Below are some pics of this compact:


And here are the pros and cons:

Pros:

1) The shade soft beige, somehow still works on my skin even after my skin got its tan back after coming back to India. I feel the main reason may be the fact that this compact does not give full coverage, so I can easily use it any time to make my face more presentable.

2) It gives light coverage, which is perfect for me to carry on at my office in day time.

3) I like the texture of this compact. It isn't too brittle, nor is it too smooth on the buff that I use. I get the perfect quantity out every time I use it.

4) It helps my oily combination skin stay matte and shine-free for atleast 1-2 hours, which is pretty ok for the price you pay.

5) It never broke me out, nor did it create any allergic reactions to my skin.

6) Quantity is quite a lot at the price.

Cons:

1) It doesn't give full coverage, so not recommended for people who have acne spots or pigmentation on their skin.

2) No Applicator or buff to apply the powder.

3) No list of ingredients.

4) Availability: As far as I know, it is only available in European countries, and may be in US too, but not in India.

5) The effects made by this powder aren't long lasting enough. I need to apply the powder again after 1 hour to keep the oil and shine under control.

Overall verdict: I've used a couple of products from Essence, and have found it to be a decent brand with good quality products at cheaper rates. This however, didn't impress me much. This compact can be good for a quick touch up to meet a friend. For anywhere else I'd recommend you to invest in some better compact powder.

Rating: 2/5
Will I purchase it again: No
Have you used any product from Essence brand? Share your experience with me in your comments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...