I bought this particular lip liner pencil, while browsing through various lip liners at Lakme Counter located at Oasis Mall, Bangalore. I really loved the pretty pink color of this liner pencil, and thought of buying it. I've used it many times till date both as a lip liner and as a whole lip color and I really like the overall experience I had with this lip color pencil. So, below goes the review:
About Lakme Glide on Lip Colors
| Source |
It can also be layered with Enrich Matte Lipcolor for added intensity.
Price: INR 325/-
Quantity: 1.2g
Available shades:
Available shades:
- Hot Chocolate
- Rose Shimmer
- Cherry Blossom
- Gold Sizzle
- Bronze Glitter
- Berry Passion
- Cocoa Rush
- Honey Crush
1) I like the shade and how well it compliments every pink lip colors I have. I usually use this lip color pencil to define my lips before putting on any gloss or lipstick and it gives a very natural pink lift to my lips, especially to my cupid bow.
2) I've seldom used it all over my lips, and though it gives mattifying effect to my lips, it doesn't dry out them completely. I won't call it to be very moisturizing, but it is not drying either.
3) The pencil has its color band on its rear end, making it easy to select it from a large group of pencils.
Below is the swatch and how it looks on my lips:
1) As the name says "Rose shimmer", I could not find any kind of shimmer in this lip color. It is a pure matte color.
2) Staying power: Though it increases the staying power of many lipsticks on my lips, whenever I've used it beneath them I still not find it super long lasting. I can expect a staying power of 3-4 hours max from this lip color pencil.
3) Price: I felt it to be a bit pricey for what I got from this lip color.
Overall verdict: I like the shade and the pencil on the whole. It defines my lips well while keeping their natural tint at the edges. It works well in increasing the staying power of many of my low-staying lipsticks, so I really like it that ways. I won't stay that it can be a must buy, but yeah...a decent purchase for sure!!
Rating: 3/5
Have you tried Lakme Glide on Lip colors? Share the shade and your experience with it in your comments below.