During my trip to Germany last year sometime in May, I'd expected somewhat warm weather as what people told me. They also said there wouldn't be much of sun, so I didn't carry my sunscreen with me. However, I landed there on Sunday and was welcomed by bright sun light, which I obviously didn't expect. Seeing the weather trend, I decided to get myself a sunscreen and I bought this. However, I couldn't use it much during my stay because it began all rainy and cloudy the third day of my landing, and continued that way for my rest of the stay.
The quickly absorbing light formula with Aloe Vera soothes, refreshes and helps to restore your skin's moisture - for a long-lasting, beautiful tan.
* NIVEA SUN moisturising after sun lotion helps protect against sunburn and long-term UV-induced skin damage
* Enriched with aloe Vera and avocado oil to moisturise, cool and soothe the skin
* NIVEA SUN moisturising after sun lotion is a easily absorbed intensive moisturising formula that gives you silky skin feeling
* Vitamin E in the lotion combat harmful free radicals and premature skin ageing
* NIVEA SUN moisturising after sun lotion combine NIVEA SUN’s advanced protection expertise for long lasting effects
I got the chance to use this sunscreen after coming back to India only, where Sun always glows in its glory - rising and shining every day without fail, and now in summers its shining too bright so I thought of reviewing this lotion here today.
About Nivea Sun Moisturising After Sun Lotion with Aloe Vera :
The quickly absorbing light formula with Aloe Vera soothes, refreshes and helps to restore your skin's moisture - for a long-lasting, beautiful tan.
* NIVEA SUN moisturising after sun lotion helps protect against sunburn and long-term UV-induced skin damage
* Enriched with aloe Vera and avocado oil to moisturise, cool and soothe the skin
* NIVEA SUN moisturising after sun lotion is a easily absorbed intensive moisturising formula that gives you silky skin feeling
* Vitamin E in the lotion combat harmful free radicals and premature skin ageing
* NIVEA SUN moisturising after sun lotion combine NIVEA SUN’s advanced protection expertise for long lasting effects
Price: 2.99 Euros on sale
Quantity: 250ml
How to apply?
Apply before sun exposure enough to give a visible layer before rubbing in, then repeat to ensure adequate coverage and no missed areas
Available SPF - 10,20,30,50
My experience with this body lotion ( SPF 20):
This is quite a light body lotion when compared to other sunscreen lotions I've used so far, although I can't call it a sunscreen lotion because this can be applied after sun exposure too. It gets absorbed quickly and doesn't leave any sort of greasiness behind. Also, I like its smell a lot. It has typical deodorant kind of smell, strong and refreshing. If you've used Nivea's body sprays, you can think of the same smell that they've put in this lotion too.
The packaging is ok, with flip open cap to take the product out. I have never used this lotion on my face, but I generally apply it on my neck, ears, hands and feet, and I've not faced any sort of tanning or sun-burn on these areas whenever I've gone out under scorching sun after applying it.That is how it has worked for me so I continued using it that way. I've not used this to heal any sunburn so far, coz I never got any using this lotion!
The packaging is ok, with flip open cap to take the product out. I have never used this lotion on my face, but I generally apply it on my neck, ears, hands and feet, and I've not faced any sort of tanning or sun-burn on these areas whenever I've gone out under scorching sun after applying it.That is how it has worked for me so I continued using it that way. I've not used this to heal any sunburn so far, coz I never got any using this lotion!
Below are some pics of the lotion:
Below are the pros and cons:
1) It comes with a nice handy packaging with a curve in the bottle's shape to hold it easily. The bottle comes with a flip open cap, making it simple to take the product out.
2) The lotion is not too thick. However, it is a bit on the runny side, but the good news is that the consistency never changes with the change of temperature around it. It remains the same all the time and is quite easy to spread and apply on body parts.
3) It has a very strong and refreshing deodorant kind of smell, which I really like. I can call it a bit citrusy kind of smell.
4) I've felt it to be quite effective till now, in saving me from the wrath of harsh sun rays. However, I've not experimented this lotion on my face yet.
5) It never caused any allergies on my skin.
6) Price is ok for the quantity you get.
Cons:
1) Though I like the packaging, I feel that with this bottle I'd never come to know beforehand how much product is left and when it would get over.
2) Availability: I don't know if it is available in India.
Overall verdict: I really like this body lotion for regular summer days. I love its smell, though it is a bit too strong like deodorant’s.
Rating: 4/5
Have you used Nivea Sun Body lotion? Share your experience with me in your comments.