Skip to main content

Review: St. Ives Softening Whipped Silk Advanced Body Moisturizer




About St. Ives Whipped Silk Advanced Body Moisturizer

Price: INR 290/-

Quantity: 532 ml

Ingredients:

My experience with the product:

I'd overlooked the huge bottles of St.Ives Body lotions many times, mostly because I didn't know much about the brand. But, once I started following the beauty blogs, I read a lot of bloggers raving about how amazing these body lotions are. So, when I made a trip to Health and Glow near my place, a couple of months back I got this one and I must say that I am quite happy about this particular body lotion.

Even though having an oily/combination on my face, my body skin is quite dry and I always need a good moisturizer to keep my skin hydrated. When I first used St. Ives body lotion, I was a bit skeptical about its performance because the lotion was a bit thin in consistency (I like thick body butter kind of lotions, just because I feel that they hydrate my skin better. Silly! But that's how psychology works I guess! lol). Anyways, I gave this lotion a try and I was quite impressed with how it worked for me and kept my skin moisturized whole day and even imparted smoothness to my skin!...Now having said that again and again, I don't want to bore you anymore and so let us get to the pros and cons of this lotion.

Pros:

1) St. Ives Body lotions are not tested on animals so I am really more than happy to use this lotion.

2) The huge bottle comes with a pump dispenser which makes the application very easy and hygienic.


3) The fragrance is good.

4) The consistency isn't thick, but that doesn't stop it from moisturizing my dry skin. It works pretty well in that department and locks the moisture in for hours, which is a big yayeee for me.

5) It gets absorbed pretty easily and doesn't leave any greasiness or stickiness on my skin.

6) It has never given any side effects or allergic reactions to me.

7) Price for the quantity you get is quite apt.

8) Formulated without parabens and phthalates.

Cons:

1) Though it has a nice fragrance, I still feel a bit of alcohol in it which is a bit disturbing to me.

2) Availability: I don't know if it is available that easily everywhere in India.

3) Though it works well in sealing the moisture for good number of hours, I feel that I needed to apply it more during winters. So, if you have super dry skin, you can't rely solely on it for your winter skin care.

4) Doesn't have SPF.

Overall verdict: I feel this can be an excellent body lotion at affordable price for summers. Seeing its consistency and lightness I'd love to use it in summers. Bangalore winters aren't that drying for me, so it worked well for me here. But if you belong to super cold areas, or places where winters are quite chilling and drying then I doubt if this can help you there.  However, since summers are here, this can work excellently in keeping your skin hydrated without getting runny, sticky or greasy on you.


Rating: 4/5

Have you tried St. Ives Body lotions? Share your experience and opinion with me in your comments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...