Skip to main content

Stay Glam and Stylish With Your Eyeglasses

I've seen many of my friends who wear glasses regularly lament a lot about not being able to put proper eye makeup. I clearly remember one of my friends, who I used to meet daily in ladies restroom of my office. Whenever I'd apply eyeliner and mascara, she'd look at me and say that she also wanted to do all this, but she'd start using the eye makeup once she'd got rid of her glasses. And I wondered why can't girls look pretty in glasses?

As a matter of fact, when I was a teenager, I used to fancy people who'd wear glasses just because they used to look quite classic and stylish to me. Obviously, it depends on an individual's personality too, and after noticing many such people around me, I found out that getting stylish and fashionable with something as essential as glasses can not be tough at all, if you just follow certain simple tips!

Stay Glam and Stylish With Your Eyeglasses
Great Sunshades
With ever evolving fashion industry, these days you can get tons of fashionable eyeglass frames of different designs, texture and cool looks, that give you loads of scopes to experiment with your looks and choose accordingly. In fact, some of my fashionista friends who wear glasses even consider them as cool fashion accessories. Here I list certain essential things to look for, while choosing the perfect frame for you:
  1. Shape of the frame: The first rule of selecting the most complimenting frame for you is that "Opposites attract". That means if you have round face, choose square shaped glasses and vice versa. Fortunately, for all oval shaped beauties, any kind of frame can work!. But, honestly there is no hard and fast rule to follow. If you like seeing yourself in mirror wearing a particular frame, go for it. 
  1. Size of the frame: Now, coming to the size of the glasses, avoid any frame that is wider than your face. If you really like the design of a frame that is larger than your face's dimensions, ask the optician if he/she can scale it down to match your face's size.
  1. Color of the frame: The color of your frames also matter a lot in creating an overall look. A simple rule to follow is:
    • Fair skin: Soft, light-color frames
    • Medium to dark skin tone: Darker and vivid colors.
You can find loads of shades and colors available in market, just check the one that suits your skin tone the most and go for it.

  1. Texture and build of the frame: Always go for light-weight frames that are either made up of plastic or nylon material. A synthetic called zyl usually has the maximum durability. While testing the build of your frame, check that your frame is adjusted properly. It is really essential that your frame is balanced so that your eyes face the lenses directly and that there is no change in the angle.
Next, ensure that the bridge of the frame is comfortable on your nose. If you have a wide nose, go with a keyhole-shaped bridge. For small and thin noses, you can choose saddle shaped bridge. Finally, check the frame on your ears. The frame should set properly on your ears and must not fall forward when you move your head down.
    Prettying it up:

    So, now you've got your perfect frame that suits your personality and I am sure you'd definitely feel that boost in your confidence once you walk with those stylish glasses on. Eyeglasses usually highlight the upper part of your face and make it look more prominent. The mistake most of the makeup lovers do, who wear eyeglasses is that they apply more makeup than what is needed in order to project their face from behind their glasses.

    Instead of "how much makeup to apply", the tip however lies in "how to apply the makeup”, to look your best. Below are some tips:

     - Keep your eyebrows well groomed. This is something I'll advice to even non-eyeglass wearers. Your brows can definitely make or break a look.

     - Use a good concealer to hide your dark circles.

     - After applying and blending the concealer well, apply water-based foundation that will even out your skin tone. A water based foundation is not susceptible to "rest marks" from your glasses, the way oil based foundation does. Set with matte powder.

     - Eyeglass wearers should avoid pink eyeshadows as they make your eye area look raw. Also, any iridescent eyeshadows are complete no-no as they look even glitterier under the reflection of lenses.

     - Go for matte eyeshadows. They look subtle and best under the lenses.

     - For farsighted beauties, your lenses will make your eyes look bigger. So, your eye makeup should include light dusting of eyeshadow on the browbone and a thin line of pencil, smudged with cotton swab to define your eyes.

     - For nearsighted beauties, your lenses will make your eyes look smaller so apply a fairly strong stroke of color on browbone and use a thick line of eye pencil to define your eyes. Extend the eye pencil outside the corners to make your eyes look bigger.

     - Avoid getting spider lashes from your mascara, as they'll look even weirder through lenses. Make sure to separately comb your lashes using a lash comber brush or a clean mascara wand.

     - Always apply blush, while wearing your glasses on, as that way you'll get a better idea about the cheek area that comes out of the range of glasses. A little touch of blush is enough!

     - Always apply a lipstick or lip gloss, as that works well in deviating and balancing attention from upper half to the lower half of your face.

    So, there you go, just follow the above mentioned tips and stop letting those glasses come in your way to be glam and beautiful!

    Popular posts from this blog

    Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

    Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

    Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

    Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...

    Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

    I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here: