Skip to main content

Review: Himalaya Herbals Protein Hair Cream

My skin type has really been weird irrespective of the climate around me. My facial skin is oily/combination, whereas my skin all over my body is dry. The skin on my scalp however remains super dry and sometimes I feel that my capillaries on my T-zone are responsible for the oil destitution of my scalp and hair. Even when I oil my hair, all the oil gets soaked in and appears on my face, leaving very little trace on my hair. Moreover, with the hectic schedule I follow, I sometimes skip oiling my hair a lot.

Getting to the bottom line, I usually suffer from dry and itchy scalp with super dry and dull hair, especially on the areas near to my face and neck, i.e. above the temple, forehead and neck. These areas are also quite sensitive on touch and hence it usually becomes difficult for me to get rid of the dandruff coating that appears there. 


Since, its not possible for me to apply oil on regular basis, when I gave Himalaya Herbals Protein Hair cream a try, I quite liked the extent to which it helped in taking care of my dandruff.

About Himalaya Herbals Protein Hair Cream (Extra Nourishment)

A unique herbal formulation with extra nourishment of natural proteins derived from Chikpea and Wheatgerm. Enriched with Eclipta and Amla that promote hair growth.

Quantity: 175 ml
Price: INR 100/-

Below are some pics:



My experience with Himalaya Herbals Protein Hair Cream:

I usually apply it only before washing my hair. The best thing about this cream is its awesome fragrance which I really like a lot. The cream reminded me a lot of Sunsilk hair cream which I reviewed here. It was really a nice experience using the Himalaya herbals cream, as oil is not as easy an alternative for healthy hair these days, especially for the kind of hectic schedule we all follow. The cream is quite thick and I usually apply it on the roots and then build the cream towards the tip. It gives slightly oily finish to my hair. However, it feels quite light and does not leave any greasiness behind. I’ve not tried using it after hair wash, as it makes my hair slightly oily.

Below are some pros and cons of this particular cream:

Pros:

1) I like the consistency of this cream that helps in proper application on the effected areas of roots and can be built to the tips.

2) I love the amazing fragrance of this cream that lingers on hair until you wash it off.

3) It does not feel greasy on my hair. I feel it to be quite light.

4) It does nourish my hair and my scalp well and helps a lot in combating the dandruff that I usually would get on areas near to my face and neck. I've not experienced any dryness or white flakes there any more now since the time I've been using this cream

5) It is made up of natural and organic constituents which makes it quite healthy choice.

6) It never gave me hair fall. I feel my hair to be more nourished and soft now. The good thing I like about this cream is ease of application and quick results without dealing too much on pre-application, application and post-application process.

7) Price for the quantity makes it quite affordable.

8) It comes with a shelf life of 3 years.

Cons:

The only con that I've found from this product is its jar packaging. I'd have preferred a tube for more hygienic reasons. Also, I won't recommend you apply it after washing your hair as it makes my hair look a bit oily on application. 

Overall verdict: I am really quite satisfied with this cream as it has worked well in nourishing my hair and reducing my dandruff. Apart from that it has also made my hair quite soft and hydrated which is a rarity especially in the crazy weather of Bangalore. I definitely recommend this cream to all the beauties especially those who don't have too much time to take care of their hair.

Rating: 4/5

Have you used Himalaya Herbals Protein hair cream  (Extra Nourishment)? Share your experience with me in your comments.


Note: PR sample; honest review

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...