Skip to main content

Review: Mattify Cosmetics Eyeshadows - Amethyst Moon and Midnight Train

Since the time I started using eyeshadows I've always been a bit scared of using shimmery eyeshadows for the reason that they might look OTT on my skin tone. Also, I had to worry a lot about not aiming to look like a disco ball with all the fall outs of glitter and shimmer on my cheeks.

When I got a chance to try these shimmery eyeshadows from Mattify cosmetics, I was a bit apprehensive, but seeing the fine texture of the eyeshadows I gave them a go and from my experience I really like these eyeshadows a lot for their superb pigmentation, silky smooth texture, versatility in building a finish that can go from sheer to opaque and the most important of all - almost negligible fall outs.

The shades I'd be reviewing here today are : Amethyst Moon and Midnight train.
From Left to right: Amethyst Moon, Midnight train

1) Amethyst moon: It is a gorgeous shimmering vibrant purple eyeshadow, with silver highlights. The highlights are very fine and give a beautiful texture and finish to the eyeshadow on application.

2) Midnight train: It is a sultry deep blue eyeshadow with silvery flecks and metallic shine. Creates the perfect smoky eye & is a sexy alternative to basic black liner.

Ingredients:
Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Tin Oxide, Magnesium Stearate, Kaolin Clay, Cornstarch.

Quantity of each: 5g
Price of each: $4.99

Below are some pics and swatches:
Amethyst Moon and Midnight train


From left to right: Amethyst moon and Midnight train
Some instructions on using Mattify cosmetics eyeshadow:






My experience with Mattify eyeshadows - Amethyst Moon and Midnight train:


I love both the colors, and the fine, subtle shimmery touch to them makes them lot wearable. The best thing about these eyeshadows are their versatility in building from sheer to opaque, and these can also be used as wet liners too. This gives a lot of control to me on how I want my eye makeup to look like, and honestly I love to use such multi purpose products. I experienced a bit of fall out from Midnight train, but that might be just because I overloaded my brush to intensify the look. With normal loading of brush and multiple-application, I could easily build the finish from sheer to opaque and make the look work for me according to my desire.

Below are some pros and cons of these eyeshadows:


Pros:


1) I like the soft and easy-to-glide texture of these eyeshadows, that make my job a lot easy in applying eye makeup.
2) These eyeshadows are gorgeously pigmented and can be built from sheer to opaque depending on your mood and what you want.
3) The shimmer in these eyeshadows is very fine and looks quite beautiful on application, without looking OTT at all.
4) I like the fact that these eyeshadows are multi-purpose and can be used to create your own customized nail paints, eye liners and lip glosses. Check more about the techniques at their official website here.
5) They didn't cause me any allergic reactions.
6) With a primer, these eyeshadows stayed on my eyes for as long as 4 hours without creasing, which was really good.
7) These are made up of quite skin friendly ingredients and with the price and quantity they offer, these are quite affordable.

Cons:


1) I tried using these eyeshadows without a primer on my eyes and they creased badly within seconds of application. So, I advice you to at least apply foundation and powder to your lids before applying them as eyeshadows. A good eyeshadow primer may work excellently in holding these eyeshadows for longer hours.

2) Availability might be a problem,as these are available only on their website.

3) You have to be extra careful and should properly get rid of the excess while taking the eyeshadows on your brush in order to avoid fall outs. You can easily build the color on your eyes with multiple application.

Overall verdict: I love these eyeshadows a lot, and I still have to experiment with them for creating my customized eye liner and nail lacquer. I'd definitely share those experiments in another post with you guys. As of now, I am quite happy with the way these eyeshadows have worked with me. I could easily wear amethyst moon with sheer finish for normal day time look, whereas I could use the same eyeshadow in an opaque finish for a dramatic night look.

Rating: 4/5

You can check out more about Mattify cosmetics here. 

Below are some pics of some looks I created with these eyeshadows:


A smoky look - I've used Midnight train on outer part of my lids and blended it in with the lime green eyeshadow
Amethyst moon

Amethyst moon all over the lid, Midnight train on the outer part of the lids as well as on the lower lashline


And thats me. Please ignore my tired face :)
Have you tried eyeshadows from Mattify cosmetics? Share your experience and opinion with me in your comments.


Note: PR Sample; honest review

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...