Skip to main content

Review: Mattify cosmetics Original Loose Powder

I've been using this loose powder since past few days and I am already so much in love with it, that I couldn't stop myself from reviewing it here. Apparently, this also happens to be my first loose powder too. I have oily combination skin and till date I have used only compact powders from various brands to fight the oil on my face.

With onset of summers, my oily glands have become even more active and make me look like frying pan more often now. I’ve always found it quite difficult to keep my face matte and shine-free for longer durations, especially during summers. I usually have to do touch ups every 2-3 hours if I am sitting in an air conditioned environment. While staying in the environment without AC, I usually have to apply compact every 1-2 hours to keep oil at bay.

Having said that, when I began to use this particular face powder, I was quite amazed at its results and long lasting effects. I still wanted to test it for at least 5-6 days before reviewing it here and I must say that I am quite impressed!

About Mattify Cosmetics Original Loose Face powder


Price: $7.99
Quantity:(30 gram sifter jar) 12g net
Directions and Instructions: 



My experience with this face powder:

When I saw the powder at first, the white color kind of scared me a bit as I feared that it might give my skin whitish cast or make my face look like a ghost (the way talcs did, when I used to apply them on my face as a kid). Anyways, I felt it safe to first read the instructions that were provided to me by Mattify Cosmetics and I was quite amazed to read what the powder offered.

The first day I simply applied it on my face, without any cream, moisturizer or base and went out for grocery shopping. I came back home after spending 4-5 hours at the super market nearest to my place, buying grocery, standing in lines, and struggling with so much crowd that even air conditioners failed to take care of the heat. Usually during such times, my face sweats a lot, my T-zone becomes super oily and I get super annoyed of everything, and end up looking like an irritated sissy girl who loves to throw unnecessary tantrums.

This time, it was only the little sweat on my forehead, but no oil at all. The experience baffled me a lot and I started using it daily. I even apply it lightly on my face before applying a moisturizer or foundation, and then top my face again with this powder. The matte effect just gets sealed and stays like that for 6 hours at the least, when I am spending my time in AC which I believe is a great thing as I have to do touch up only after 5-6 hours instead of every 2-3 hours now.

Below are some pics:


Below is the finish it gave to my face. I've not applied any foundation in this look - just the concealer under the eyes and topped it up with this powder all over my face:



Below are some pros and cons that I've experienced from this powder:

Pros:

1) Loose powder that gives great coverage for oily/combination skin and gives a subtle matte effect which looks quite natural and glowy.

2) I like the fact that matte effect stays for as long as 5-6 hours when I spend time in AC. Without AC I've experienced a good matte result for 4-5 hours from this powder.

3) The powder is white, though very translucent, fine and silky in texture and just blends easily into the skin without leaving anything on my face except a nice healthy glow.

4) You need a very little amount to work for your face, so it will run a long way.

5) It never caused any itching or allergic reactions to my skin.

6) It never broke me out. Also, it can be used by both men and women.

7) It is fragrance free, which I quite like about face powders.

8) Price for the quantity and quality makes it quite affordable.

Cons:

1) I have to be super careful in using it, which I believe isn't actually a con. Loose face powders need to be handled carefully if you don't want the powder to spread everywhere around you. I usually shake the jar, tap on the lid to let go off the excess, carefully open the lid, swirl a fluffy brush on the inner parts of the lid and apply the powder on my face. Though I've managed to work it well, I need to practice more as I am still not able to carry it with me to my office to do touch ups after 5-6 hours, for the fear of spilling it here and there. I use another compact for that.

2) The powder claims to give matte effect for 8 hours, which I feel is a bit over-stated. For my oily-combination skin it kept oil at bay for max 6 hours when I am in air conditioned environment. While I am outside and facing the hot climate in India, I've experienced a staying power of 4-5 hours, which I still feel is pretty good as compared to other compacts that just melt and vanish in 1 hour of heat.

Overall verdict: This is the best mattifying powder I've used till date and I am absolutely in love with it. Oil and shiny face is something I detest a lot and since it has worked well in keeping my face oil free for much longer duration than any other powder or compact, I definitely give it thumbs up!

Rating: 4/5

Check more about the products offered by Mattify cosmetics here.

Have you tried Mattify's Original Loose powder? Share your experience with me in your comments.


Note: PR Sample; my honest opinion

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...