Skip to main content

Review: Motives® Pressed eyeshadows in shades Studio 54 and Heiress, swatches, EOTD



About Motives® Pressed eyeshadows

  • Impeccable color retention that does not run or crease so you always look your best
  • Even, smooth and silky application for a glamorous glow
  • Deflects the light away from fine lines, skin imperfections and hyper-pigmentation creating a flawless look
  • Mix and match to create a soft, natural or dramatic look
  • Paraben, fragrance and oil free
What Makes Motives® Pressed Eye Shadow Unique?

Ultra smooth and luxurious these eye shadows are crease-proof and deflect the light away from fine lines to help visibly reduce the signs of aging for a bright, polished look.  The Motives Pressed Eye Shadows have impeccable color retention that does not run or crease so you always look your best. They glide on ultra smooth with incredible hold, a flawless look and a luxurious feel and finish. Take the guesswork out of looking gorgeous. The Motives Pressed Eye Shadow promises to give you the long lasting high color look you have always wanted.

Price: $12.00
Quantity: 1.8 grams

My experience with these eyeshadows:

The first thing I felt after receiving these eyeshadows was a skip of my heartbeat and then another one too for very different reasons. The first skip was at the elation of getting such gorgeous and my favorite shades (Lavender - Studio 54 and shimmery pink - Heiress) in eyeshadows. The second skip was at the sight of all the pink dust that was covering both the eyeshadows despite such an awesome sturdy packaging. I had to carefully open both the cases and then I saw that the Heiress eyeshadow was broken, despite being wrapped in multiple layers of bubble wrapping and packaging in a strong cardboard box. Anyways, I dusted the pink eyeshadow and collected the dust in a plastic eyeshadow case that I had.

Below are the pics:



I've used these eyeshadows a couple of times for my eyes to compliment some of my dresses and the looks came out to be really flattering. The casing is so handy and easy that I even carried them with me in my purse to my recent trip to Ooty. I absolutely loved the way they look both for my day and night time looks. The colors are gorgeously pigmented and give a beautiful finish. Studio 54 is a satiny lavender shade, whereas Heiress is a frosty and shimmery pink shade.

Below are the swatches:

Studio 54 and Heiress Swatches
The Studio 54 shade is a satin finish eyeshadow that looks really beautiful on eyes. The Heriess eyeshadow is a bit frosty pink shade with shimmers in it, which I use for highlights and to catch light in night.

Below are some pros and cons of these eyeshadows:

Pros:

1) I absolutely love the buttery smooth texture of these eyeshadows that makes it quite easy to apply them, blend them and create the look I want in a jiffy.

2) These eyeshadows are super pigmented and even without a base, they show up pretty well on my eyes. However, since I have oily lids, I usually prep and prime my lids with foundation and loose powder to make the colors stay in place. With that as a base too, the colors look really gorgeous on my eyes.

3) Even with such a smooth texture, I've not experienced much of fall outs from these eyeshadows, except for tiny-mini bit from Heiress that can easily be tackled. Such eyeshadows make my life really easy!

4) I love the nice, handy and sturdy packaging of these eyeshadows. I am still unable to understand how could the pink one break with all that nice and sturdy outer as well as inner packaging. The cases look quite strong and durable, not that I've tried testing them by dropping them down. But, they make my life quite easy as I can carry them along anywhere with me and apply then whenever I want.

5) The best thing about these eyeshadows is that I've not experienced any creasing from these. With foundation and loose powder as base, these eyeshadows stay put for 3-4 hours on my eyes and after that too, they just tend to fade away leaving a nice hint of color without showing any creasy or messy traces on my lids.

6) I absolutely adore the shades - Lavender(Studio 54) and pink(Heiress) with satin finish perfect for creating summer looks.I have used Studio 54 for day time looks and Heiress for night time party looks so far.

7) These eyeshadows are free from paraben, fragrance and oil, which definitely gives a nice break from other harmful chemicals we keep on using every day.

8) The shades I have, contain very minute particles that catch and reflect light beautifully and make your eyes look bright.

Cons:

1) Availability: These eyeshadows are not available all around the world. I hope they come to India soon. I recently saw an update on their facebook page that they have started their chain at UK so I can expect them to move towards Asian market too sooner.

2) I am just trying hard to find any other con, but seriously couldn't find any lol.

Below is a look that I tried using these eyeshadows. Let me know if you like it or not. I'd soon post a video tutorial of this look!



Products used:

Faces metalliglow eyeshadow primer
Soft beige shade from The Brush Company's 88 eyeshadow palette
Motives Eyeshadows in Studio 54 and Heiress
Oriflame black eyeliner
Motives Black Mascara
Oriflame concealer


Rating: 4.5/5

Check more about Motives® Eyeshadows here

Have you tried Motives® Eyeshadows? Share your opinion and experience with me in your comments.

Note: PR Samples

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...