Skip to main content

Review: Motives® Shape & Sculpt Duo



About Motives® Shape & Sculpt Duo

Double-sided compact that contains everything you need to highlight and contour like a pro. The dark side creates depth in areas such as the hollows of your cheeks. Using the light side brings the eye forward, highlighting areas such as the bridge of the nose or chin. Contouring can help accentuate and hide imperfect face structures, making you look your best every day.

Primary Benefits of Motives® Shape & Sculpt Duo:

    * Two-in-one highlighter and matte contour powder
    * Luxurious formula that glides on smoothly to highlight and sculpt
    * Designed for all skin types
    * Non-irritant formula
    * Paraben, oil and fragrance free
   
Price: $21



My experience with the product:

I usually use bronzer or an eyeshadow a few shades darker than my skin tone to contour my face. To highlight my cupid bow and nose bridge I use lighter beige eyeshadows only as white looks too stark on me.
Just to give you an idea about my face structure and skin type - I am NC-37 (MAC) in complexion and I have a typical round face with high cheek bones, that become even more prominent whenever I smile. I am somehow blessed with balanced facial features regarding nose, eyes and full lips, but my chubby cheeks annoy me a lot so I definitely love to highlight and accentuate my facial features so that they can compliment my overall look. 

Usually, I'd skip it on the daily basis because of the time constraints but since I've got Motives Shape and Sculpt Duo, I've used it more than the usual number of times now, while going out, just because of its handy packaging and I really like the way it is designed and how it makes the whole contouring work quite easy for people in rush like me.

Below are some pics, swatches and how I contour my face structure using this Duo:

After blending
Before contouring
After contouring
Here is a small video I made to tell you guys how I contour my face using this:



And below are the pros and cons:

Pros:

1) The handy packaging with a wide mirror in the case makes it really easy for people like me to define their bone structures and make the face look sleek and more defined any time of the day, without bothering to spend too much time and worry on getting tons of other products.

2) The powders are buttery smooth in texture and glide really well. I usually use a small fluffy brush to contour my face as it gives me better control over where I am applying what, and the smooth texture of these powders makes the job even easier.

3) It has never caused me any allergic reactions, nor did it give me any kind of breakouts.

4) I've experienced a decent staying power from this duo. I usually spend most of my time in office, staying indoors with AC on. It stays on my face for almost 5-6 hours in that surrounding, which is pretty good when compared to my other face powders. Seeing this, I am really craving to try their face compact powders now!

5) I like the fact that both the shades are matte, which works well in everyday look. I am somehow not very comfortable using shimmery powders for contouring my face.

6) It is free from paraben, oil and fragrance, which definitely scores a good point in my view.

Cons:

1) Though it has a sturdy casing and a nice versatile and buildable shade duo, with a big mirror attached in the case; I find it too heavy! You'll literally feel the weight of the case when you hold it. I always become extra conscious of its weight and what am I holding for a fear of dropping it down.

2) Availability: I hope they spread their chain of cosmetics soon all around the world and I definitely want them to come to India.

3) Although it may not be a con, but I'd prefer if they'd have included a small brush like applicator for the times when I might forget to carry a brush or might not be able to find any in the bucket bag I carry!

Overall rating: I love the concept and this Shape & Sculpt Duo. It definitely gives a nice lift to my face and overall look, which I have noticed well in my pics taken on my recent vacation trip. The design definitely makes it easier to contour my face on a regular basis and project a nice flawless face ahead.

Rating: 4/5

Check more about Motives Shape and Sculpt Duo here

Have you tried Motives Shape & Sculpt Duo? Share your experience with me in your comments below.

Note: PR Sample

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...