Skip to main content

Review: Nature’s Brilliance by Sue Lip gloss Glaze in Shade – “Rose Garden”

I’ve been using this particular lip gloss glaze since past couple of days. Earlier I was wondering what "glaze" thing refers to from the product description. But, after the subsequent usage, I can very well relate the ‘glaze’ attribute to the product.
Rose garden is a nice nude shade with muted pink and orange in it, making it perfect for day wear.
It came in a nice cute pouch to me!! :D
Product Description 
Is it a gloss? Or is it a glaze? It's a combination of both. Moisturizing to the lips and light weight.

Ingredients:
Certified Organic Jojoba Oil, Castor Seed Oil, 100% Pure Vegetable Glycerin, Lecithin (Vegetable Source), Natural Vitamin E, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Beeswax, Carnauba Wax, Allantoin, Titanium Dioxide, Mica and Iron Oxide.

Retail Price: $7.00 (Around INR 315/-)
(You can check if it is on sale, as at the time I wrote this review, there was a sale going on)

Available shades:
  • Sienna
  • Copper Penny
  • Magical Magenta
  • Bronze Star
  • Red Purity
  • Gingerbread
  • Bordeaux
  • Rose Garden 
My experience with the lip gloss glaze – Rose Garden:

I love to wear such nude shades that don’t wash my face out. I’ve found the consistency of this gloss to be quite balanced, i.e. neither too thick nor too runny. The best thing about this gloss is that I didn’t find it sticky on my lips. It feels quite light and gives an even coverage to my lips. It has very subtle glossy effect which looks beautiful in the daylight. So, that was the gloss part, where is the glaze?

I wore this lip gloss yesterday evening while going out to a nearby supermarket for regular grocery shopping. There at a cosmetic counter, when I looked at my lips, I could see it catching and reflecting light beautifully, which I really liked a lot. It didn’t look OTT at all; nice subtle effects giving an overall soft look and glow to my face.

Below are some pics:



Swatch - Rose Garden Lip gloss glaze

Below is how it looks on my lips:




And here are some pros and cons that I feel from this lip gloss glaze:

Pros:

1)      It comes in a nice sturdy packaging with a sponge applicator for even coverage and easy application.

2)      The gloss is neither too thick, nor too runny. It is of quite balanced consistency which I like a lot.

3)      It gives a subtle nude color to my lips, with a hint of pink and orange in it. The light reflecting particles add to the shine and work quite well in giving a soft look that can be easily carried on for a day look, as well as built appropriately for night time looks.

4)      It never felt sticky on my lips. The lip gloss feels quite light and is quite comfortable to wear.

5)      No allergic reactions and no taste.

6)      It is made up of natural and organic constituents which definitely make it score over the other chemically dominated lip glosses available in market.

7)      Quite affordable for the quantity and quality you get.

Cons:

1)      As is the case with all lip glosses, the staying power of this too is quite less. I had to do touch ups after every 1-2 hours, that too when I was not eating or drinking anything.

2)      If you like your lip glosses to smell vanilla and strawberry and want them to taste like candies, then you may not like it much. It has almost negligible herbal kind of smell that vanishes after a few seconds of application. Also, it is tasteless, which I feel is not a con, unless you want to eat your lip glosses!!


3)      I didn’t find it ultra-moisturizing for my super dry lips. It might work well for people who have normal lips. It is not drying, but not very hydrating either; just normal. I had to apply a lip balm beneath it after 1-2 hours before doing touch ups to keep my lips well mannered, but that is just the case with me. I usually suffer from very dry and chapped lips, so that might be a problem with me only.

4)      The shade might not show up very well for pigmented lips, as it is a nude shade.

Overall verdict: I really liked this lip gloss a lot, for the fact that it is a color and gloss, all in one. The gloss can be built to get desired effects for both day and night time looks and I like such versatile glosses. It has this beautiful hint of color which neither makes my face look too pale (something I’ve experienced with some other glosses). Nice, soft hint of color and shine, making it perfect for everyday wear.
  
Rating: 3.5/5

Note: If you like this gloss and want to buy other organic and natural products from Nature’s Brilliance, you can avail a 10% discount by using the code – KIMIS10 while checking out.
They have whole range of products in beauty and cosmetics ranging from shower gels , solid perfumes, lip balms, shampoos, body lotions, soaps, sunscreens, body sprays to mineral makeup like foundation, concealer, eye shadows, lip colors and lip glosses etc. You can check out them here.

About Nature’s Brilliance by Sue

Sue is the Sole Proprietor of Nature's Brilliance By Sue. It is located on the East Coast in a small town in New Jersey. It was formed to help people locate products for their skin tone & skin type. Sue has dealt with multiple allergies for years and through persistence and exhaustive research has found a line of natural mineral make-up and organic skin and body care products suitable for all skin types, even those with multiple allergies. 

Nature's Brilliance By Sue will not sell any product that is not 100% Natural or Organic and has not been tested by the owner her self. Sue has a Diploma in both Holistic Beauty Therapy and Holistic Herbal Therapy; with Certificates in Reflexology, Aromatherapy, Bach Flower Remedies, Crystal Healing, and Business Development for the Alternative Health Therapist, from the Natural Health Institutes, based in Canada.

Please check more details about the company and the brand here: http://www.naturesbrilliancebysue.net/index.html

Some more reviews coming up for other lovely stuffs:


Note: PR sample; an honest review. The discount is for you guys; I am not affiliated and I won’t get any money from your buys. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...