Skip to main content

Review: Nature's Brilliance by Sue Mineral Eye colors - Flamingo and Key Lime

If you've been following my posts, I posted a review of Nature's Brilliance by Sue Lip gloss glaze in shade "Rose garden" sometime back here, and also gave you a glimpse of what other reviews I'd be doing of products from Nature's Brilliance by Sue. Today I am reviewing these two mineral eye colors from Nature's Brilliance by Sue - Flamingo (Pink) and Key Lime( Lime Green)

From Left to right: Nature's Brilliance by Sue Eye colors - Flamingo and Key Lime
Price: $6 each (You can check if it is on sale)
Quantity: 0.35oz
Ingredients: Mica, Iron Oxide, Titanium Dioxide. Matte shades also contain Serecite.

Below are some photos and the swatches:

With Flash
Without Flash

Swatches: Flamingo and Key Lime
My experience with these eyeshadows:

These are the first loose powdered mineral eyeshadows I've used and it took me some time to get used to them. I usually shake the small plastic jar well while it is tightly closed, tap the lid to get rid off the excess, carefully open the cap, press my eyeshadow brush on the inner part of the cap and apply it on my lids. I absolutely love the Key lime eyeshadow for its awesome pigmentation and its ability to catch and reflect light in a way that gives holographic effect to the eyeshadow. The color shows light green, yellow and dark lime green in different lights that gives a beautiful gradient like effect to the application. I used this eyeshadow to create the below look for one of the contests I entered recently. See the image below:


As much as I was happy with the key lime eyeshadow, the flamingo eyeshadow disappointed me a bit. I couldn't see the pigmentation decent enough to show in night light and the shade was quite sheer on application. In day light, it shows subtle pink hint of color along with very fine and nice satiny finish in it, which looks quite elegant on wearing. But, the color pay off isn't that great. I usually use this shade to highlight my brow bone and over another pigmented matte pink eyeshadow to add some shiny effect. Below are some images of these eyeshadows on my eyes:
Just Key Lime Eyeshadow applied all over my lids
Key lime on the inner half and Flamingo on the outer part of the lids, as well as on the brow bone
After blending the both
Overall look
  
Below are some pros and cons that I've experienced from these eyeshadows:

Pros:

1) I love the concept of powdered mineral eyeshadows, which give a lot of control in building up the eyeshadow for achieving desired results.

2) I absolutely adore the Key Lime eyeshadow for its awesome pigmentation and the gradient effect it creates in different lights. The color looks amazingly beautiful on eyes. I either wear it on its own or create a smoky eye look with blue.

3) Without an eyeshadow primer the "key lime" color shows well on my lids. I usually use Faces metalliglow eyeshadow primer or just apply some foundation and loose powder to create eyeshadow base. The color showed beautifully over it. The flamingo shade didn't show at all on my lids without a primer. With primer it showed a sheer and subtle hint of color along with beautiful satiny touch to it.

4) The eyeshadows stay put on my eyes for as long as 3-4 hours.

5) The fact that these are made up of herbal and organic ingredients, definitely makes them score over other chemically made eyeshadows in the market, as these are more skin friendly.

6) The eyeshadows never created any allergic reactions to my skin or eyes.

7) Price for the quantity makes them quite affordable.

Cons:

1) The fact that Flamingo didn't show up well on my eyes. However, I like subtle satiny finish of it and usually use it to highlight my brow bone and inner corner of my eyes. I even apply it lightly over another matte pink eyeshadow to add subtle shine.

2) The Key Lime eyeshadow stayed well on my eyes for 3-4 hours, but after that it creased a little bit. The Flamingo however just vanished with its shine. So, you need to have a good eyeshadow base to carry these eyeshadows.

3) It is not a con, but I need to be extra careful while applying the eyeshadows as I don't want to create a mess by spilling the powder here and there.

Overall verdict: I like these eyeshadows a lot, especially the Key Lime one for its beautiful shade and multi-color effect on my lids. The Flamingo could have worked better if it had some more pigmentation, but I like its sheer and subtle satiny finish too for creating a soft glowy effect on eyes that doesn't look OTT. The staying power of these eyeshadows is also ok without a primer and at the price they come; I'll recommend that you definitely give the green one a try.

Rating: 3.5/5

Note: If you like these eyeshadows and want to buy other organic and natural products from Nature’s Brilliance, you can avail a 10% discount by using the code – KIMIS10 while checking out.
They have whole range of products in beauty and cosmetics ranging from shower gels , solid perfumes, lip balms, shampoos, body lotions, soaps, sunscreens, body sprays to mineral makeup like foundation, concealer, eye shadows, lip colors and lip glosses etc. You can check out them here.

About Nature’s Brilliance by Sue

Sue is the Sole Proprietor of Nature's Brilliance By Sue. It is located on the East Coast in a small town in New Jersey. It was formed to help people locate products for their skin tone & skin type. Sue has dealt with multiple allergies for years and through persistence and exhaustive research has found a line of natural mineral make-up and organic skin and body care products suitable for all skin types, even those with multiple allergies. 

Nature's Brilliance By Sue will not sell any product that is not 100% Natural or Organic and has not been tested by the owner her self. Sue has a Diploma in both Holistic Beauty Therapy and Holistic Herbal Therapy; with Certificates in Reflexology, Aromatherapy, Bach Flower Remedies, Crystal Healing, and Business Development for the Alternative Health Therapist, from the Natural Health Institutes, based in Canada.

Please check more details about the company and the brand here: http://www.naturesbrilliancebysue.net/index.html

Have you used eyeshadows from Nature's Brilliance by Sue? Share your opinion and experience with me in your comments below.

Note: PR sample; honest review

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...