How to Get More Facebook Likes
This post has nothing to do with “Beauty”, but if you’ve been following my posts, I promised to share this piece here and hence it goes. I had to deliberately add the "Honest way" at the end of the post’s title, just because in my recent experience of "Facebook Likes" contest, I came to know about many cheat scripts and software that can increase your Facebook Likes overnight. Obviously I am not promoting that here; just making you aware of it.
Now, since every 10th person in this world has a Facebook account, the power of this social networking website couldn’t go unnoticed. These days, almost all the major contests have this voting process of getting maximum "Facebook likes" for a contestant to win, which obviously is meant to get more publicity, while the contestants go mad bringing people to vote for them!!
Anyways, in my recent experience with a contest, it was the first time I paid attention to getting maximum "Facebook Likes" to my entry, and I started with most basic thing that every one does to get the Facebook likes. But, that could make me run only till some distance and the effect eventually faded as the time went ahead. Earlier I gave up on that, but slowly I started seeing various prospects that could work a great deal in increasing my number. The most important thing to achieve was:
- To make my link/entry not look like a spam
- To make it go Viral.
It is also important to know how Facebook application works, before you start bombarding everyone in your friend's list asking for votes. At once people will pay attention to it, but if you continue doing that, it is but natural that they'll get annoyed, might unfriend you and worse even block your link, which you obviously don't want. :)
Below are certain tips that I learnt from my own experience about Facebook marketing and how that can help you gain maximum votes in clear and honest way. Believe me, these tips do work, as they worked for me, but they are NO-Shortcut tips. You need to spend lots of time and efforts in following them, so be ready before signing into it!! :)
1) Your entry should be worth the vote:
We all feel that we are the best in whatever we create, but honestly tell me how many times do you review what you want to showcase to the world? Many times it happens with me that I write something and find it quite impressive; the next day the same thing looks like an utter crap to me! You need to know the worth of whatever you are entering. Unless until you appreciate your own work, no one else is gonna do that. If people find it good, they themselves will share it among their friends without you asking to do that. It happened with me initially. My first few hundred votes came from that only.
Believe me, later in all the marketing I did, I was astonished that around 80% of people actually read the whole article of mine and then voted for me. I could see the traffic from Google Analytics, and people who know me personally even asked me questions about that article as it had my personal experiences mentioned in it. So, you got the point, your entry has to interest people!
2) Write for success:
After you've reviewed your entry thoroughly and you are absolutely sure that it is the best according to you (don’t compare with others; just see your own expectations and try to match them), the first step is to create a nice welcome message for people to read and see your entry.
I tried with the basic "Please check this post of mine and vote for me if you like it. I need your votes". It worked to some extent, but then obviously I couldn't post it again and again, otherwise people would kindly ignore it, no matter what.
Create the statements that are impressive. Always target a particular crowd and write to gain their interest. Write phrases from your article or theme to intrigue people. Also, never blindly keep posting same message again and again on all your friend's walls. Keep changing it all the time, otherwise your friends will get annoyed like anything. Before posting check the following:
· If the person has already casted his/her vote, just leave a thank you message and move to the next.
· If the person has still not voted and you can see your previous post there, delete that and enter the new one with new text.
· If the person is coming online and still ignoring your link, comment on your link with your personal note to the person. Most of the people don't bother to check a link on Facebook, for a fear of hitting a spam. A personal note that addresses the person makes your entry look genuine and worthy.
3) Networking:
It is not possible to ask all of your friends to help you in spreading the word, but certainly you can ask a few, especially those who have a large group of friends in their network. One of my husband's friends is a famous RJ and she has 2700 people in her friend list. We requested her to just post the message we created for the link entry and believe me it worked like magic. The same thing we did with some other friends and their huge network too. Facebook is all about building network and the more you build the more you gain!
4) Understand how Facebook works and make it work for you!
Have you noticed how Facebook works? I mean some of you might literally spend all your day checking your wall posts and what comments everyone has left and what others have shared, etc etc. But, what do you see the moment you login to your home page? From what I've experienced, I always get to see the "Top posts" on my wall, and who make them come to the "top"? It’s the people who comment on them. So, you got the point!
In the entry that you posted on your friends’ wall or on your own wall, ask some of your close or mutual friends to comment on them, make the post look genuine, important and above all "popular", so that the entry comes at the top and the person has no way to "ignore" it.
5) Stay focused
It is quite easy to get bored and exhausted of all the above activities and go back to the usual comfort zone. But, if you really persevere and keep yourself driven, you can definitely meet success. One of the excellent driving factors is to give yourself a target. For example, in the beginning I did set a target of 500 votes, and as the contest proceeded and the way other entries went ahead, I kept on increasing the target. So, you see a number is always a great driving force and helps you to keep up with your efforts.
5) Stay focused
It is quite easy to get bored and exhausted of all the above activities and go back to the usual comfort zone. But, if you really persevere and keep yourself driven, you can definitely meet success. One of the excellent driving factors is to give yourself a target. For example, in the beginning I did set a target of 500 votes, and as the contest proceeded and the way other entries went ahead, I kept on increasing the target. So, you see a number is always a great driving force and helps you to keep up with your efforts.
So, these are some of the tips that might help you in getting the genuine and decent amount of Facebook Like votes to your article or any other entry. Do apply these tips and let me know if you succeeded or not! :)