Skip to main content

Review: Ambika Pillai Liquid Black Eye liner, Swatches, EOTD

When I ordered this particular eyeliner along with Ambika Pillai Lite Lipgloss in Cotton candy from Fashion & You, I was expecting both the products to sport same kind of hi-tech light, switch and mirror. Where the lipgloss made me more than happy with its gadgety look; this eye liner looked pretty boring in front of the lipgloss. Anyways, it has worked decently for me all along till now, so no complains on the performance. I like this eye liner a lot, especially for summers and rainy season and below goes the review:

Price: I bought it for INR 222/- from Fashion & You

My experience with this particular eye liner:

Despite sporting an unamusing look as compared to the lite lipgloss, I overall liked the packaging of this eye liner. It comes in a sleek case with screw open lid that has eye liner brush. The brush is neither too thin nor too thick; just perfect enough to control the thickness of the liner according to your choice. Also, the wand is quite long and hence helps a lot in getting a stable hold while application. The eyeliner gives a semi-glossy finish.
Below are some pics and the swatch: 





And below are some of the pros and cons that I've felt about this eye liner:

Pros:

1) It is a decently pigmented black liner for everyday use.

2) I like the sleek packaging of the eyeliner with a glossy case that gives it a nice classy look. The wand is pretty long and the brush is perfect enough to get thick or thin liner as per your wish.

3) It gives a semi-glossy finish, which is apt for everyday office wear as it helps in brightening my eyes and making them look more open up (especially during boring meetings)

4) The best thing about this eyeliner is that it does not smudge or create any mess at all. I mean literally, just check the pic below, where I've splashed water on it and rubbed it. It just flakes off, without creating even single point of smudging. I feel it perfect for summer and rainy times.


5) Quite affordable at the price you get.

Cons:

1) It has very less staying power. Even without water and sweat, it has a tendency to flake out after 3-4 hours, so I need to do touch ups after that.

2) Availability is a problem, as I still don't know where I can buy this eye liner in Bangalore.

3) No light/mirror like the lip gloss (Just kidding)

Overall verdict: I like this eye liner a lot for the decent job it does, and for NO-Smudging attributes. I usually stay away from anything that smudges, hence refrain from using kajal too. So, if you belong to my kind of category, I'd definitely recommend you get this.

Rating: 3.5/5

Have you tried Ambika Pillai eyeliner? Share your experience and opinion with me in your comments.

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...