Skip to main content

Review: HollyBeth's Natural Luxury Lemon Lime Shea Butter

I got this travel size product in Hollybeth's Natural luxury travel box. I usually have dry skin on my body which tends to be even drier on my feet, knees and elbows. I've been using this almost daily since past couple of days on my feet and elbows after taking shower, and so far the results have been quite good. Below goes the review:


About Hollybeth's Natural Luxury Lemon Lime Shea Butter
This heavenly cream will make you dream of the beach. Vegan, Gluten-Free & Cruelty-Free

To Use: Multi-use shea butter cream moisturizeres and hydrates all skin types; even great for your hair!

Price: $25.00

Quantity: 4 oz

Ingredients:
Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter ) Fruit*, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil*, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil*. *organic

My experience with this Shea butter:

I've already reviewed their hand cream here that looked like "ghee" to me. This particular Shea butter reminded me of frozen coconut oil; the ones that used to come in cans (may be still available). The weird thing is that even in hot and humid climate, the butter is extremely solid. It took me some efforts to take it out of the jar. However, once I started rubbing it in between my palms, the butter melted easily and I could apply it on my body. The smell of this product reminds me of sweet lime soda, which is my favorite drink. I might be taking that reference also because I had it yesterday only!

Below are some more pictures:




And below goes some of the likes and dislikes that I've felt about this Shea Butter:

Likes:

1) I love the amazing (edible) sweet lime soda drink's smell that comes from it. It feels like a jar full of concentrated happiness for me. Every time I feel low, I open the jar, take a whiff and voila - I feel much refreshed and relaxed.

2) The butter is quite thick and melts easily into the skin. However, I've not experienced any ghee like finish from this the way I experienced from the hand cream. The Shea butter gets easily absorbed into the skin, leaving a soft dewy finish with very miniscule non-transferrable greasiness.

3) I really liked the way it treated my hands and elbows. My skin, particularly of my feet and elbow has a tendency to become super dry and dehydrated within a couple of hours of applying any body butter. This Shea butter worked quite well in balancing the moisture on my dry body parts. I apply it daily in morning and my feet remain presentable till evening.

4) Since it is concentrated butter, a very little amount is needed to work on. So, even this travel size will run at least 3-4 months for me, with daily usage.

5) It contains all natural and organic ingredients.

Dislikes:

1) Jar packaging - unhygienic and messy.

2) The butter is too thick to take out. I hate to use my nails to scrap the product out and hence use a solid metallic tong to do that.

3) Availability might be a problem as you can't find in stores everywhere, but you can order it from their official website here.

4) The finish though not very greasy is still a bit oily, so I usually stick to using it while staying at home only.

Overall verdict: I love the way it smells and smoothens my super dry body parts, and hence definitely recommend it for all dry skin beauties. I've not tried it on my hair so far so can't say how it would fair there. I usually stick to hair creams these days, for the ease of application and speedy results. But, I'd certainly love to try applying it on my scalp sometime soon. Will update it here in case I find some real good results!! :) 

Rating: 3.5/5

Have you tried Hollybeth's Natural Luxury Lemon Lime Shea butter? Share your experience with me in your comments below.


Check out my review of Hollybeth's Natural Luxury Hand cream here. 

Note: PR Sample; honest review

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...