Skip to main content

Lancôme L'Absolu Nu Lipstick – Voile De Rose - Review

Lancôme L'Absolu Nu Lipstick


I got this lipstick as a gift on my B'day, and I've been using this lipstick since then daily. It’s been 4 days now and I think I can review it here, along with the swatches so check it out below:

About Lancôme L'Absolu Nu Lipstick #302- Voile De Rose


Lancôme L'Absolu Nu Lipstick - Voile De Rose
  • Replenishing & Enhancing Lipcolor Bare-Lip Sensation Pro-Xylane L'Absolu Nu is enriched with Pro-Xylane.
  • The creamy light formula glides sensually and wraps the lips with a feather-light finish.
  • Lips are fully hydrated, nourished and naturally luminous and sexy. 
  • Dress up your lips with sensual and delicate colours from soft beige to subtle peachy nude.
TECHNOLOGY: 
  • Light Master Complex - thin transparent mother-of pearls with beige-rose reflects to recreate the perfect nude effect. 
  • Vivid Pigment to wake up and enhance the natural colour of lips. 
  • White sparkling pearls create light spots to maximise plumpness of lips. 
BENEFITS:
  • Lip caring colour that's easy to wear 
  • Sheer to medium coverage for feather-light texture 
  • Luminous, natural make up result 
  • A delicate packaging design for total feminity 
Price: INR 1580/-

Quantity: 4.2ml

Ingredients:

Available shades in L'Absolu Nu Lipstick range:
Lancôme L'Absolu Nu Lipstick - Voile De Rose


  • Nude - Red Nude - Beige Nude - Pink 
  • 101 Corail Evanescent 
  • 201 Beige de Soie 
  • 301 Rose Subtil 
  • 102 Rouge Nu 
  • 202 Beige Tulle 
  • 302 Voile de Rose 
  • 103 Rouge Mousseline 
  • 203 Beige Feutre 
  • 303 Rose Caresse 
  • 204 Sienne Poudree 
  • 304 Rose Dentelle 
  • 205 Beige Charnel
My experience with this lipstick:

The first thing that made it so noticeable and attractive to me was its packaging. The lovely one-side-slanting-top cap of the lipstick with the design and Lancome's signature rose, makes it look royal and classy in itself. Also the lipstick's cap has a magnetic locking system so there is no way it can come out on its own while you carry it in your purse. The lipstick holder isn't completely round or square but a mix of both; i.e. one half of the case is round and the other half square, which complements the overall packaging a lot. The shade Voile De Rose is a beautiful coral-pink shade with glossy finish to it. The lipstick bullet comes with Lancôme’s signature rose engraved into it.

Below are some pictures:
Lancôme L'Absolu Nu Lipstick - Voile De Rose

Lancôme L'Absolu Nu Lipstick - Voile De Rose

Lancôme L'Absolu Nu Lipstick - Voile De Rose

Lancôme L'Absolu Nu Lipstick - Voile De Rose

Lancôme L'Absolu Nu Lipstick - Voile De Rose

Lancôme L'Absolu Nu Lipstick - Voile De Rose

Below are the swatches and how it looks on me:
Lancôme L'Absolu Nu Lipstick - Voile De Rose


Lancôme L'Absolu Nu Lipstick - Voile De Rose

Lancôme L'Absolu Nu Lipstick - Voile De Rose
Ignore the funny hairstyle. I clicked the pic while getting ready

Lancôme L'Absolu Nu Lipstick - Voile De Rose

And below are some of the likes and dislikes that I've experienced from this lipstick:

Likes:

1) I absolutely adore the packaging. The first two days,everytime I'd pick up this lipstick; my first few seconds were gone in admiring the packaging only.

2) The shade Voile-De-Rose is a lovely coral pink shade. It is neither too pink, nor too coral - just a balance of both. I feel it would look great on both warmer and cooler toned skins. Also, the shade is something that can flatter most of the Indian skin complexions too.

3) I found the lipstick to be quite buildable. The initial coat brings a sheer color with gloss to the lips, but with subsequent 2-3 coats the lipstick gives a great coverage to the lips, so despite the sheer and shine, this can work well for pigmented lips too. I can easily wear for everyday office wear and for night parties as well.

4) The lipstick is extremely moisturizing even for my super dry lips. I don't feel a need to apply any lip balm beneath it.

5) It has a lovely wet floral fragrance which I like a lot. The fragrance is quite mild, yet noticeable.

6) The texture of this lipstick is extremely creamy and the way it is built doesn't make it settle in fine lines.

Dislikes:

1) Price can be a factor as it is quite expensive.

2) The staying power isn't very great. It is better than my Revlon's colorburst and lesser than Estee Lauder's pure color lipstick; i.e. somewhere around 2-3 hours that too when I am not eating anything. However, the lipstick doesn't wipe off completely, but fades with time so I could see a hint of color even after 3 hours of wearing it.

3) This is not a problem with lipstick but with the company - they test on animals and I am against it.

Overall verdict: I love the shade, texture, color and overall everything about this lipstick, except for the fact that the company tests its products on animals. I hope they consider this point and stop doing that. The shade Voile De Rose is a universally flattering shade and with the quality of texture, finish and packaging it delivers, I definitely give it thumbs up!

Rating: 4/5

Popular posts from this blog

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts - Review

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts  The best way to spend four hours of waiting period in Dubai transit is to do shopping. In all the shopping I did there, I bought this particular lotion as well. The main reasons behind buying this lotion were: 1) I wanted to try Olay as a brand as I’d heard a lot of good stories about it. 2) I wanted a light moisturizing face lotion that has SPF, UVA/UVB protection and could be worn easily below my foundation for day wear. Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts Price: $10 Quantity: 30 ml What does Olay say about its Natural White lotion ?

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes