Skip to main content

Review: Lumiere Cosmetics Eye Pigments - Black Cherry, Desert Sun, Coral Gold, EOTD

I've used these eye pigments a couple of times by now, and I really love the way they are built. The pigmentation, texture and quality of these eye pigments are tantamount to any higher brand you can look for. Below are the eye pigments that I'd be reviewing today:

1) Black Cherry Eye Pigment






It is a very rich deepened black cherry, with a low sheen that will intensify when foiled. Exciting alternative for contouring and smokey eye effects. Also very pleasing as a liner.

2) Desert Sun Eye Pigment:



It is a warm brick red shade with low sheen


3) Coral Gold Eye Pigment:






It is a gorgeous golden peach shade with subtle golden sparkles


Ingredients


Eye Shimmers:
mica, iron oxides, titanium dioxide.

May contain ultramarines, ferric ferrocyanide, carmine,
tin oxide, calcium aluminum borosilicate

Price: 

Mini Jar 1 gram - $5
Large Jar 2 gram - $8



My experience with these eyeshadows:

I love the soft and smooth texture of these eye pigments. These are powdered eye pigments and they absolutely adhere to all rules a a pigment should follow - Buttery smooth texture, excellent pigmentation, skin friendly and easy to build. I found the Coral Gold and Black cherry quite beautifully pigmented. The Desert Sun shade looks strikingly pigmented on swatch, but gives a beautiful red flush to eyes on application that has a bit of sheen in it. Coral Gold is quite opaque shade, whereas Black Cherry and Desert Sun are a bit sheer, and can be built up in layers to get desired effects

Below are some swatches and how these eye pigments look on me:


From left to right: Black Cherry, Desert Sun, Coral Gold

Just Coral Gold on my eye lids

Added a bit of Desert Sun on the crease and blended it in

Pic taken without flash

I added a bit of Black cherry on the outer V to create some definition - Overall look

Coral Gold all over the lids, Desert rose on the crease. A bit of Black Cherry used to define the outer V of the eyes
And here are some of the likes and dislikes that I've felt about these eyeshadows:


Likes:
1) I love these eye pigments for their buttery smooth texture, and ease of application.

2) The shimmer in all these eye pigments is quite subtle and looks beautiful on application. All the shades can be easily built up to create a look that can be subtle or dramatic depending on how you want.

3) I absolutely love the Coral Gold shade for its gorgeous golden color. Black Cherry and Desert Sun though look scary on swatches, give a beautiful color on application that is easy wearable without looking OTT at all.

4) I've never felt any allergic reactions from these eye pigments

5) Quite affordable for the price you pay.

Dislikes:


1) You need to use an eyeshadow primer with these eye pigments. Even without the primer the pigments creased within seconds of application.

2) Without primer, they won't stay too long on your lids. I've experienced a staying power of 1-2 hours from these when I used foundation and loose powder as eyeshadow base.

3) Availability could be a problem, as they aren't available worldwide, though you can order them from their official website here as they ship worldwide!! :).

Overall verdict: I like these eye pigments for their texture and pigmentation. Coral Gold is such a perfect gold that can compliment any other shade you'd like to sport with it. Desert Sun and Black Cherry give a sheery finish on initial application but can be built easily.

Rating: 3.5/5


Have you used Lumiere Cosmetics Eye Pigments? Share your experience with me in your comments below.


Note: PR Sample; honest review

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...