Skip to main content

Review: Ocean Mist Eyeshadows: Purple Puffin and Pink Passion


When I first time heard the name of the brand, I quite loved it – Ocean Mist. Their products’ names are equally intriguing and quite true to their names too. Today, I’d be reviewing two eyeshadow samples that I got a few weeks back. Check them out below:


Information about these eyeshadows from Ocean Mist cosmetics

Matte Eyeshadows
Ocean Mist matte eyeshadows come in a variety of shades and tones. They are all highly pigmented and can be used as an eyeshadow or eyeliner.  Apply them dry for a soft wash of color or apply them wet for a more dramatic appearance.

Shimmer, Pearls, & Metallic Eyeshadows
Ocean Mist Cosmetics offer a huge selection of shimmer, pearl, and metallic eyeshadows.  For a soft shimmering look, apply these shadows dry.  If you want an extra effect, apply them wet!  You can use these colors as eyeshadows or eyeliners.

Ingredients (Pure, Cosmetics Ingredients)
Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Magnesium Stearate, Mica, Iron Oxide; may contain: Ultramarine Blue, Ultramarine Violet, Ultramarine Pink, Manganese Violet, Carmine, Tin Oxide, Ferric Ferrocyanide  (No micronized ingredients used.)

Price and Quantity
Full Size Eyeshadows / Eyeliners - 10g Sifter Jar $6.50
Travel Size - 5g Jar w/o Sifter $3.50
Samples - 1/8 teaspoon in a sample bag $1.25

1) Pink Passion: This is a shimmery pink and bronze color. You can use this also for a blush and lip color



It’s a shimmery warm pink shade. I love the shimmer it gives with sparkling effects. The good thing about this eyeshadow is that you can build it from normal shimmery look to the dramatic one easily, and I love the fact that it is another versatile product that can be wore as blush and lip color. 

2) Purple Puffin:
Purple Puffin Eyeshadow is a medium mulberry color that goes wonderful with Rosy Pearl. The website recommends it to be perfect for people with green eyes!
Purple Puffin is a gorgeous matte dark taupish-pink shade that looks beautiful on my warm skin tone. I have brown eyes and it looks quite nice on my eyes too, that’s what I feel. I think this color can be carried out easily on both cooler and warmer skin tones. It works as an excellent base to tone down any bright shade you want to carry.
(P.S: This eyeshadow contains ultramarines or chromium and is not approved for the lips in the United States.)

Below are some swatches and how they look on my eyes:


From Left to Right: Pink Passion and Purple Puffin




And here are some of my likes and dislikes with these eyeshadows:

Likes:

1) I love the shades and the pigmentation. The colors come out gorgeously on my eyes with or without base.

2) I love the fact on how these eyeshadows can be built according to the need and demand. The Purple puffin can work excellently for normal day wear with just light application on lids. It gives a beautiful flush to the eyes that make them more awake and fresh. Pink Passion can work excellently to rock any night parties. Both the colors can go well with western and ethnic outfits.

3) These eyeshadows didn't cause me any allergic reactions.

4) Price for the quantity and quality makes them quite affordable.

5) I've not experienced any fall outs from either of the eyeshadows.

6) I like the versatility of Pink passion shade that can be worn as blush and lip color too.

Dislikes:

1) Although I liked the pigmentation of both the eyeshadows well, I felt that Purple puffin was a bit hard to apply on my eyes. It didn't glide as smoothly as Pink Passion did.

2) The eyeshadows need to be worn on a good base if you want them to last longer. With just foundation and loose powder as base, I've experienced a staying power of 2-3 hours, after which they start creasing.

3) Availability might be an issue for some of you, as these are available on Ocean Mist website from where you can order online.

Overall verdict: These eyeshadows are decently pigmented and don't give fall outs.I love the shades and I absolutely love wearing them.

Below is moi, and that is called "Half FOTD" :P :



Rating: 3.5/5

Have you tried Ocean Mist eyeshadows? Share your opinion and experience with me in your comments.

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...