Skip to main content

Review: Oriflame Pure Color Lipstick in Shade Coral Rose, Swatches

I bought this particular lipstick, just because I wanted to get my hands on a coral shade. The color looked beautiful on the website, and the lipstick was quite inexpensive too, hence I gave it a go. Below goes the review:

About Oriflame’s Pure Color Lipsticks:
Really smooth and creamy, conditioning lipstick that moisturizes. The huge range of beautiful, bold shades means you’ve got a colour for every occasion. Try them all

Quantity: 4g

Price: INR 179/-




My experience with this lipstick:

I was quite excited to try my first coral lipstick from this one, but I was quite disappointed when the color pay off was not up to the mark. The lipstick though says "pure color", there wasn't any "purity" in color that I could find. The lipstick is very sheer, has semi-glossy finish and reminds me a lot of my Revlon's colorburst lipstick in Peach. Just that it is sheerer than that one. 

Below are some more pics:









And below are some of the likes and dislikes that I've found from this lipstick:

Likes:

1) It is very inexpensive for the quantity you get.

2) Quite nice wearable shade for daily office wear. This can also work amazingly to compliment your smoky eye looks.

3) The lipstick isn't too drying and keeps my lips moisturized.

4) I like the subtle floral fragrance of this lipstick

Dislikes:

1) Very sheer shade - Can't find anything coral in it.

2) The lipstick case has very loose hold on the lipstick. Every time I try to apply it on my lips, the lipstick goes down on its own because of loose packaging.

3) Bad staying power - It might be because of the glossy finish, but lipstick doesn't stay for more than 1 hour on my lips.

Below is how it looks on me:
Please ignore my blah hair and tired face!! :(

Overall verdict: It can be a good lipstick for people who want to sport nude shades. It has glossy finish and can be perfect for everyday wear and for night party-smokey eye looks. I don't use it much because I already have 2 more similar shades and I was a bit disappointed when I got this. However since it is quite inexpensive I don't have much regrets. I might gift it to my sister, and start my new search for coral lipstick again!

Rating: 2.5/5

Have you tried Oriflame Pure Color Lipsticks? Share your experience with me in your comments below.

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...