Skip to main content

Review: Raw Gaia Revitalising Eye Oil




About Raw Gaia Revitalising Eye Oil


Raw Gaia’s Revitalising Eye Oil is great for nourishing, conditioning and repairing the delicate skin around the eyes, thanks to its high content of vitamins, EFAs, carotenes and antioxidants.

The skin around the eyes does not naturally produce its own oil, making it prone to dryness.

Revitalising Eye Oil helps to nourish this area because it is made with organic cold-pressed oils of sea buckthorn fruit, jojoba, rosehip and grapeseed, all of which have outstanding moisturising and restorative properties.

Revitalising Eye Oil is so good that you may find yourself applying it to the rest of your face! (which is fine, of course!)

Ingredients: Revitalising Eye Oil is made with 100% organic & cold-pressed oils of:
  • Sea buckthorn fruit: has amazing skin repairing and regenerative properties. Contained within are a remarkably high amount of vitamins (A & E), carotenes, antioxidants, tocopherols and essential fatty acids, which are all important for the maintenance of healthy skin. Sea Buckthorn oil also helps to heal skin injuries, wounds, eczema, sun damaged skin and abrasions.
  • Rosehip: a wonderful source of nutrients and essential fatty acids that play a vital role in the regeneration process of skin cells. It is also known as a skin hydrating and nourishing agent and is rich in vitamin C and essential fatty acids.
  • Jojoba: a natural humectant, jojoba is known for its soothing and healing properties in cases of inflamed skin, psoriases, eczema and acne.
  • Grapeseed: it has wonderful regenerative and moisturising properties and is rich in linoleic acid, an essential fatty acid important for the skin and the cell membranes. It helps to retain the normal structure of the skin epithelium and nerve cells by supporting the cell membranes.
For best results: Massage the eye oil into the area around the eye, following a concentric circle pattern.

Quantity: 30ml

Price: £18.49

My experience with Raw Gaia Revitalising Eye Oil
The oil comes in a blue colored glass bottle with a dropper cap. It has mild medicinal smell and very light consistency. The first time I applied this oil around my eyes, I could feel my eyes drooping down to sleep. Earlier I thought it was because of a long and hectic day I'd had, but then with subsequent usage I figured out how relaxed my eye muscles feel every time I apply it.

Usually after spending a long day and almost all of my wake up time staring at the computer's monitor, my eyes have got used to a generic strain that usually extends to puffiness and some pain that I feel every time I rub my palms together and press gently on my eyes. I can even listen to a soft scrunching sound that  a small water balloon usually makes when I press it.

Anyways, I applied the oil on my eyes as instructed on the bottle and within 5-10 minutes felt as if some locks had started breaking around my eyes. The effect was so calming and soothing that I slept within minutes of application. When I woke up the next morning, I was astonished to see minimized puffiness around my eyes. I could open eyes without much strain (probably because of sound sleep!), felt quite fresh, and couldn't find the usual swelling below my eye area. Seeing these effects with just one application, I've now made it a ritual to use this oil around my eye area every night before going to sleep without fail and it just keeps on making the skin around my eyes better every day!

Some more pics:







Below are some likes and dislikes that I've felt about this eye oil:


Likes:


1) I don't know if it could reduce my dark circles or not in the long run, but it certainly gives that cooling and calming effect to my eyes that really relaxes me to the core.

2) I don't have any fine lines to see if it works there or not but it has worked quite effectively in reducing the morning puffiness and swelling around my eyes. The effect could easily be seen as since the time I've been using it (around a week), I've felt my eyes have become more brightened. I don't feel the pain anymore every time I press my eyes with my palms; also it definitely works amazingly in reducing the whole day's tiredness from my eyes.

3) Its an oil and it comes with nice dropper that makes the usage and application quite easy.

4) You need only two drops of oil to work on both the eyes, so it definitely will run a long way.

5) It didn't cause any irritation to my eyes. Also, the oil gets absorbed into my skin within seconds. I haven't tried it on my facial skin so far, so can't comment on how it'd fair there.

6) Ingredients shout "Natural" from all the angles and that is more than enough for me to love it!

Dislikes:


1) It is an oil, so definitely couldn't be used in day time before stepping out. Also, since the soothing effects make me sleep, I definitely can not apply it while staying in office!

2) Availability could be an issue. However you can order the product from their official website here.

3) It comes in a glass bottle with glass dropper, so you need to be extra careful while handling it.

Overall verdict:
I am absolutely in love with this oil for the immediate and such amazing effects. My husband earlier thought that it has camphor or something to make me go to sleep and he was quite worried about me using it, but when I showed him the ingredients and made him smell the product, he was quite ok. I urged him to apply this on his eye areas and he too experienced the same soothing effects, that has nothing to do with any drug or harmful chemical. Just naturally effective oils, doing their job perfectly! Definitely recommended for everyone!

Rating: 4.5/5

Have you tried Raw Gaia Revitaising Eye oil? Share your experience with me in your comments.

Note: PR Sample; Honest Review

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...