Skip to main content

Review: Liz Earle Skin Repair Light Moisturizer for Oily combination Skin

I've always been too scared of using moisturizers, just for the fear that they'd make my oily-combination skin oilier and might cause pimples. I usually dilute all the moisturizers with water and then use them. Depending on the way they fare I keep on adjusting the amount of water to include, but still all the moisturizers have given a little bit of dewy to oily finish to my face depending on the environment and climatic conditions around me.
So, when I began using this moisturizer from Liz Earle, I was still a bit skeptical on the results. Now, after having used it subsequently since past few weeks, I must say that this is the best moisturizer I've ever used for oily-combination skin till date. And on that note, let us look at the review below.

About Liz Earle Moisturizer for Oily combination skin
Light and gentle, this easily absorbed moisturising lotion is ideal for combination, oily or problem skin.
This finely balanced blend of naturally active skin-conditioning ingredients includes borage oil (a rich source of the essential fatty acid GLA), echinacea, hops, avocado oil, panthenol (pro-vitamin B5) and natural antioxidants beta-carotene and vitamin E to replace lost moisture and help protect your skin, leaving it soft and smooth with a naturally healthy glow.
Massage into face and neck, morning and night, after Instant Boost Skin Tonic.
Includes borage and avocado to lightly moisturise and balance the skin.

Suitable for combination/oily skin


Price: £ 17.60

Quantity: 50 ml

Ingredients:

Aqua (water), Coco-caprylate/ caprate, Cetyl alcohol, Persea gratissima (avocado) oil, Glycerin, Borago officinalis (borage) seed oil, Polyglyceryl-3-methylglucose distearate, Cetyl esters, Sodium lactate, Echinacea purpurea (echinacea) extract, Triticum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, Humulus lupulus (hops) extract, Panthenol, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Tocopheryl acetate, Beta-carotene, Cetearyl glucoside, Parfum (fragrance), Limonene, Linalool, Alpha-isomethyl ionone, Xanthan gum, Lactic acid, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic acid, Dehydroacetic acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyaminopropyl biguanide.

My experience with this moisturizer

The moisturizer comes in an impressive packaging with a pump to get the product out and a plastic cap on it. The packaging is similar to what you'd see for most of the deodorant sprays. The nozzle softly oozes out the product in small amounts and doesn't squirt the product here and there the way I've experienced with some of the other nozzle equipped moisturizers. The moisturizer is neither too runny, nor to thick, it is just creamy and has a balanced consistency. The best thing I've found about this moisturizer is that it doesn't give any finish to my skin. That means neither oily, nor dewy and not matte either. It just vanishes into the skin and leaves my skin the way it is on the outside, without making any noticeable difference. But the difference is definitely felt inside. I feel my skin to be more hydrated and supple. Also the product has mild fragrance which is extremely relaxing and soothing to the senses.

Below are some pics:


Below are some of the likes and dislikes that I've felt about this moisturizer

Likes:

1) One of the best moisturizer I've used till date. It does what it is supposed to do - hydrate my skin from inside and nourish it well, without causing any outside obviousness.

2) I love the fragrance of this moisturizer which is quite mild and soothing.

3) The moisturizer is made up of all naturally active ingredients, hence definitely healthy for the skin.

4) It is free of harmful chemical preservatives or parabens.

5) It never gave me any break outs or allergic reactions.

Dislikes:

1) A bit expensive

2) Availability is a problem, but you can order it online here.

Overall verdict: If you have oily-combination skin then this is the moisturizer to go for. I absolutely love using it and might purchase it again once this is over. If your skin type is oily or dry, I'd suggest you can choose the other variations of Liz Earle’s moisturizers that are meant for your skin types. This one is for oily-combination skin and I completely swear by it!

Rating: 5/5

Have you tried Liz Earle Moisturizer? Share your experience with me in your comments below.

Note: PR sample; honest review

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...